Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Clean! I like it...
Old 01-13-12, 10:43 AM
N54MPower
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ERDoc74
sorry to revive an old thread, but I'm considering having JPM do this to my steering wheel.... (I love the CTS-V's steering wheel feel) but am concerned about some comments regarding long term wear/issues with the alcantera..... Does anybody have updates on the "wear" of their alcantera modified steering wheels or can offer experience with cars with similiar alcantera steering wheels...? it seems the alcantera on the BMW's did not hold up well from comments above... does anybody know if they didn't use ACTUAL AUTHENTIC ALCANTERA and used a cheaper but similiar alternative... (Looking at JPM's website, apparently there is a "difference" in genuine real ALCANTERA vs. knock off... )

I was thinking of using the black alcantera for the same area of the orig. perf leather, and then using perforated blue alcantera in the area of the orig blue solid leather.... (it was asked above, but does anybody know for sure, if the "F" logo could be removed/replaced (and still look good) over the new alcantera covering?)
How well anything holds up is subject to how well it's cared for. The cheaper steering wheels sold by other vendors do not use authentic alcantara so how well they hold up vs what JPM uses is not going to be an accurate comparison.

I had the same concerns as you did and spoke to guys at JPM who reassured me that with proper care (wiping with a damp cloth etc.) the alcantara they use should hold up fine. I've had mine on the car for over 3 months and it's holding up well.

As far as the F logo I would contact them since they are the ones that are going to be performing the work . I trust their opinion more than any speculation you're going to get on here.

See my thread here on the work I had done on my steering wheel as well as their service.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...x-mm-is-f.html
Old 01-14-12, 09:33 AM
ERDoc74
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by N54MPower
How well anything holds up is subject to how well it's cared for. The cheaper steering wheels sold by other vendors do not use authentic alcantara so how well they hold up vs what JPM uses is not going to be an accurate comparison.

I had the same concerns as you did and spoke to guys at JPM who reassured me that with proper care (wiping with a damp cloth etc.) the alcantara they use should hold up fine. I've had mine on the car for over 3 months and it's holding up well.

As far as the F logo I would contact them since they are the ones that are going to be performing the work . I trust their opinion more than any speculation you're going to get on here.

See my thread here on the work I had done on my steering wheel as well as their service.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...x-mm-is-f.html
Thanks for the info!! I don't know how I missed your thread!!
Old 11-21-12, 02:12 PM
Wakemaker8
Driver

ERDoc74 Did you ever wrap your steering wheel? I'd be interested to keep the stock look with the blue bottom but all in alcantara.