IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

SRT-4 Vs IS F

Old 09-18-09, 07:00 AM
albis350
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default SRT-4 Vs IS F

Can anyone explain me how this POS neon almost killed the IS F lol (j/k).....
Just wanted to share this race with u guys enjoy it......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eeC51...layer_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pssCJ...layer_embedded

Last edited by albis350; 09-18-09 at 07:10 AM.
Old 09-18-09, 08:18 AM
ISF FAN
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb

driver??????
Old 09-18-09, 09:08 AM
FisforFast
F is for Fraud

Originally Posted by ISF FAN
driver??????
Either that or someone's spending way too much money on a POS Neon. I don't care how much boost you're running or how much money you've put into the car, or even if you're standing up to a Bugatti, it's still a fricken' Neon. Same goes for those Civic fanboys.

My guess is that the IS F driver was not going all-out though. A few bolt-ons and upped boost on the Neon's part shouldn't be that big of a deal.
Old 09-18-09, 11:16 AM
javyLSU
2IS OG

Received 29 Likes on 13 Posts

SRT-4's are faster than you give them credit for.

Javier
Old 09-18-09, 11:25 AM
Dymelos
Rookie

if I recall correctly the srt4 neons actually use the mitsu evo motors under the hood (I know the new Hyundai Genesis 4 cyl is) so I could see someone dumping money and upgrading a neon to get up to that kind of performance. Dodge actually does this a lot with their motors, borrow from other car makers. But I agree I don't think the IS-F driver was caring to much.
Old 09-18-09, 11:29 AM
gc86
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The SRT4 can be fast, depending on what you do to it.
Old 09-18-09, 11:33 AM
albis350
Driver

Yup driver is one reason, the driver bounced the rpms shifting to 3rd gear at least that wat he said said in the other forum....also yeah neons are fast I just to have one and yup a few boltons and they run impresively good...now im not saying theyare good cars at all....i drive an IS350 now and is 20k better than the srt and is not as fast in the street maybe im just getting old but i love my lexus....
Old 09-18-09, 11:35 AM
xuningshen
Lexus Test Driver

yea neon srt-4's are actually pretty fast... i actually think they're faster than STI's stock in a straight line(don't quote me on that). but they come with horrible suspension for tracking, also its front wheel drive (which was just invented so that cars can be more easily and cheaply manufactered) so when you add more power to it and try to take it on turns, it starts going all over the place. still imo a p.o.s. even though its fast in a straight line
Old 09-18-09, 11:44 AM
albis350
Driver

they are really fast if you do it right this is just an stock turbo running on E85 with every lil bolt on hes not tuned yet he will re race the isf tuned...i really have to give the srt the credit of a fast car in a roll not as much in the track cuz of the fwd sucks...just think sthis is stock turbo i wouldnt even try this isf with a big turbo and 60 percent of the srt4s out there are big turbo.
Old 09-18-09, 11:49 AM
1KhpWrx
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Dymelos
if I recall correctly the srt4 neons actually use the mitsu evo motors under the hood (I know the new Hyundai Genesis 4 cyl is) so I could see someone dumping money and upgrading a neon to get up to that kind of performance. Dodge actually does this a lot with their motors, borrow from other car makers. But I agree I don't think the IS-F driver was caring to much.
SRT4 does not have an EVO motor unless its been swapped.
Old 09-18-09, 11:58 AM
Lex-Fiend
Lexus Test Driver

The IS-F driver clearley slowed down. Even though i'm impressed that the neon kept up.
Old 09-18-09, 12:01 PM
sj408
Instructor

hahah my friend has one of the fastest srts iv ever seen in my life and even hell tell you....they are unreliable oil leaking pieces of crap as soon as you start doing major mods. im not talking about simple boltons i mean fully building the engine so it actually could hang with isfs....

my friends srt could hang with the isf no problem.... if it starts that day
Old 09-18-09, 12:22 PM
CDNROCKIES
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by FisforFast
Either that or someone's spending way too much money on a POS Neon. I don't care how much boost you're running or how much money you've put into the car, or even if you're standing up to a Bugatti, it's still a fricken' Neon. Same goes for those Civic fanboys.

My guess is that the IS F driver was not going all-out though. A few bolt-ons and upped boost on the Neon's part shouldn't be that big of a deal.
That Gallardo or 430 that you want to race is probably saying the same thing about our cars.
Old 09-18-09, 12:57 PM
albis350
Driver

srt has a 2.4 litters in it all the evo motors i know are 2.0 litters maybe u mean the turbo is a mitsubishi is only similarity it has to an evo not even the tranny cuz it comes out of diesel vans from europe....The car is not reliable specially after modded i allways had my hood open doing something to it and trust me not just modding it lol....only race i would do with it a 40 roll cuz from a stop wow u needed magic to take off without spinning
Old 09-18-09, 12:58 PM
j8123
Driver

Wow! Lot's of SRT-4 hate here on the forums. I own one as my DD. It would have no problem pounding the **** out of my F. It is a great little car and fun to drive. Never have had one problem with the car. Been running 28psi on it since it had 5,000 miles on the clock with an Stage 3 kit and meth injection. It is currently sitting at 45,000 miles and it drives perfectly.

Here is a little video of it against a well modded 03 cobra.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDmmJSpv_1I

So note to the haters here. It maybe a neon, but many of them will embarass you out on the streets. Don't be the guy that thinks he is better then others, because he drives a $60k car. Learn about other cars it will help you win a few races...lol

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: SRT-4 Vs IS F