IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Kw v3?

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-10, 01:50 PM
qsz06
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has anyone had BC coilovers and went to KW s ? Figs , I know I have talked to you about this and you feel the BC s would work for my needs but I would like a direct comparison if someone has had both. I will not track the car and probably not lower it much ,if at all.
Old 11-03-10, 02:18 PM
FIGS
The Maker

Received 141 Likes on 73 Posts

Keep in mind that a few of the people that went BC first and then to KW were also sold the wrong spring rates in the BC product.

The KW is going to have a nicer high frequency damping because the valve is a better design, but the BC's will also achieve this with their upper rubber mounts. Also the stainless bodies and remote reservoirs are a bonus. I use and sell both brands and will have another to sell here very soon that has a long racing heritage.

It all about the extra money and if its worth it to you. Most people will not adjust compression after it is set because its a PITA to get to at the bottom of the shock. But its nice to have the option.
Links - Arms - SuperPro Poly Bushings - Solid Bearing Conversions - Motor Mounts
RB BBK's and 2P Rotors, G-Loc pads, Radium Fuel Systems
Custom Fabrication Design and Machining - Industrial 3D Printing - Laser Cutting
2018 USTCC Sportsman Class Champions - 2018 NASA ST5 National Champions
Old 11-03-10, 10:29 PM
nevermorez
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by T-Rex06
You'll be happy with your purchase. These coils have independent adjustments for compression and rebound. Keep it to the factory recommended settings and see if that works for you. For me, factory settings work perfectly.

The adjustments are different from typical coilovers. The compression adjustments are located at the bottom of the shock assembly and the rebound is at the top.

Terrance
What are the factory recommended settings? I'm just curious. I installed the KW V3 like a month ago.
Old 11-04-10, 03:13 AM
qsz06
Rookie

I know you have the correct spring rates for the F now , correct? [Figs]. I know you know a hell of a lot more about coilovers than I will ever know. So if you believe the BC s will be the product for me then thats fine. Just thought I would check and see if there was a direct comparison between both brands on a identical car.
Old 11-04-10, 03:17 AM
qsz06
Rookie

For the record I do not want to be adjusting spring rebound and compresion all the time. Set it and forget it is my motto. This is my daily driver and I have other toys to tinker with.
Old 11-04-10, 05:49 AM
weaponX
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by nevermorez
What are the factory recommended settings? I'm just curious. I installed the KW V3 like a month ago.
I can only assume that T-Rex06 is referring to the manual that it should come with.

Yeah, I agree I don't want to keep adjusting the suspension settings, just once and that's it.

I don't know if it's a coincidence, but I've never heard of anyone say a bad thing about the KW V3's. Not just in this forum, but other car forums --- BMW, Merc, Porsche...Subaru...etc.

After putting 8K on the IS-F, it's just come to the point where I can't stand the factory ride/handling anymore.
Old 11-04-10, 07:37 AM
T-Rex06
Ho Motorsports

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by nevermorez
The manual comes with ideal settings for the car. Normally, if you don't alter anything, the coils should already be set to the factory settings. I always double check to make sure.

Terrance
Old 11-04-10, 10:43 PM
nevermorez
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by T-Rex06
The manual comes with ideal settings for the car. Normally, if you don't alter anything, the coils should already be set to the factory settings. I always double check to make sure.

Terrance
Oh ****, I threw away the box and I think the manual is inside. Awww...would you by any chance have a copy of it?
Old 11-09-10, 12:04 PM
CircuitMS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by weaponX
3 weeks to order from Deutschland.

I hope they're worth the wait.

Anybody have suggestions for settings for a good combination of ride/handling?
Really? Should have got them through us, it would have been a week to you.

KW has recommendations for height settings, they have a maximum limit on drop, but the damping settings are personal preference.