IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Hit and Run - Downtown Cleveland Ohio July 24th 2009

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-09, 04:50 PM
Lexus999
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the damage was caused by an early model truck with a tow hitch. im guessing a an early 2000's ford f150 with a tow hitch backed into you and instead of getting out to see assess the damage.... the idiot put that car in D slammed the gas and ripped your entire front end off.... you are going to need cameras to catch this douche bag becuase if I were the other driver my tow hitch would be in the bottom of a lake already or repainted chrome with a spray paint..... good luck bro but your looks like it has about 3 grand worth of damgage including labor....
Old 07-26-09, 04:55 PM
montgb
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Aw HELL no! That is wrong on so many levels.
Old 07-26-09, 04:57 PM
montgb
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Lexus999
the damage was caused by an early model truck with a tow hitch. im guessing a an early 2000's ford f150 with a tow hitch backed into you and instead of getting out to see assess the damage.... the idiot put that car in D slammed the gas and ripped your entire front end off.... you are going to need cameras to catch this douche bag becuase if I were the other driver my tow hitch would be in the bottom of a lake already or repainted chrome with a spray paint..... good luck bro but your looks like it has about 3 grand worth of damgage including labor....
Nice synopsis - makes perfect sense. How you can deduce that it was an F150 is beyond me!
Old 07-26-09, 07:32 PM
CrazyTrain
Pole Position

That photo just ruined my evening. Good luck with your insurance!
Old 07-26-09, 08:53 PM
Lexus999
Pole Position

Originally Posted by montgb
Nice synopsis - makes perfect sense. How you can deduce that it was an F150 is beyond me!
the height of the ISF and the damage vs the Height of the F150 stock. tow hitches usually ride low on those cars and it looks like it hit right dead center on the bumber right beneath the grill and WHAMO!!!! ripped the bumper right off

Last edited by DaveGS4; 07-27-09 at 08:09 AM.
Old 07-26-09, 09:13 PM
ngl1145
Lexus Test Driver

Looks like someone was cutting across a parking lot with their car and clipped the drivers side end of your front bumper and just kept going. The damage looks terrible but doesn't look like you had damage to your engine (luckily). If they had backed into you, the damage would be worse. I've seen people fly across parking lots not looking. I'll be in a car and I'll see a car just fly by even that I'm right there in the car. Pains me to see the damage but it could have been worse. Good luck with the security cameras. I hope they find the culprit.
Old 07-26-09, 10:06 PM
Phiber
Lead Lap

Is there cameras in the parking facilities?
Old 07-26-09, 11:15 PM
Lexus999
Pole Position

Originally Posted by ngl1145
Looks like someone was cutting across a parking lot with their car and clipped the drivers side end of your front bumper and just kept going. The damage looks terrible but doesn't look like you had damage to your engine (luckily). If they had backed into you, the damage would be worse. I've seen people fly across parking lots not looking. I'll be in a car and I'll see a car just fly by even that I'm right there in the car. Pains me to see the damage but it could have been worse. Good luck with the security cameras. I hope they find the culprit.
naaaw... that wasnt the case...if it was there would have been paint damage on the F as well as paint scrapes from the other car on the F... its definately a tow hitch
Old 07-26-09, 11:55 PM
n0th1ng
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Man that sucks... from the picture it looks like just the bumper and the grills and may be headlights and fender but... i feel you... i recently had some1 rear ended me on freeway doing 50 and i got pushed to the truck infront of me... it was one pain in the ***...
Old 07-27-09, 09:41 AM
Low Offset
Driver

Sorry to hear about this dude especially since I drive a blue F also. hope that bastard gets the carma he deserves!
Old 07-27-09, 09:43 AM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,058 Likes on 586 Posts
Arrow

Originally Posted by Lexus999
^^ Damn.. So you wouldn't have left a note instead?? !!

I thought tow hitch too.. BUT, I don't think that would have caused the sagging drivers side head light..

With out better pics of the specific impact zone of said "tow hitch" or another car hitting/clipping the area of the front bumper just below the head light..

.. WE really have no idea what could have caused this damage!!

Better pics of the damaged parts and point of impact will provide better answers.
There could be tons of paint transfer on the part of the bumper and fender that WE can't see!!

Security Video, if any will tell ALL..

I guess NO eyewitnesses from the parking attendant Staff??

Sorry to see this happen!!

Joe Z
Old 07-27-09, 11:00 AM
Wunko
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

People hit and run my car. And when it happened at the mall I asked about video cameras and the rent-a-cops said they can't look at them unless there's a subpeona or something. Lame.

But that is messed up. Hope they get what they deserve!
Old 07-27-09, 11:28 AM
Lexus999
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Joe Z
^^ Damn.. So you wouldn't have left a note instead?? !!

I thought tow hitch too.. BUT, I don't think that would have caused the sagging drivers side head light..

With out better pics of the specific impact zone of said "tow hitch" or another car hitting/clipping the area of the front bumper just below the head light..

.. WE really have no idea what could have caused this damage!!

Better pics of the damaged parts and point of impact will provide better answers.
There could be tons of paint transfer on the part of the bumper and fender that WE can't see!!

Security Video, if any will tell ALL..

I guess NO eyewitnesses from the parking attendant Staff??

Sorry to see this happen!!

Joe Z
joe you so crazy!!!!
of course i would leave a note!!!! im not some classless act of scum who would wreck a mans ride and take off.... those people are truly the scum of the earth...IM NOT ONE OF THEM....

however, just looking at the way the bumper is cracked right down the middle is my initial reaction to think its a tow hitch
Old 07-27-09, 05:34 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

sad to see

hope everything works out for you and they catch the ....
Old 07-27-09, 08:16 PM
Dave600hL
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by montgb
B/c Lexus999 secretly owns an F150 and happened to back into a car at the exact same place. I think he is tormenting the OP!

Quick Reply: Hit and Run - Downtown Cleveland Ohio July 24th 2009