IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Just installed my Lexon Carbon Fiber front lip

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-09, 12:31 PM
gs2isf
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by primecut
Looks good! Kinda hard to see in the shadows in the pictures. I'm eyeing this as well! Just worried about scraping and its hassles.
No scrapping at all and there's still lots of clearance before I would worry about scraping ..... should look hot on USB too stop eyeing it and do it while your there ask Clark for an update on my wheels
Old 06-24-09, 12:40 PM
gs2isf
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by isfcow
Let me call them and see. Looks very good with a drop. What kind of the coils did you order ?
I've been waiting on some JIC's but I heard that Tein's were reworked for a much firmer ride than the original set that came out at Sema so out of curiosity I called Tein direct spoke with a tech and he said the new kit for the Isf has a 35-40% stiffer spring rating to eliminate the floaty feel of the first kit
they are calling this kit "comfort sport agressive" he said. If anyone has any knowledge of this post it up because the price and quality of Tein make it a great alternative to the Jic's and the kit has the coils in matte black with matte gold cups and parts not the ugly gumby green
Old 06-24-09, 12:52 PM
primecut
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gs2isf
No scrapping at all and there's still lots of clearance before I would worry about scraping ..... should look hot on USB too stop eyeing it and do it while your there ask Clark for an update on my wheels
Currently I'm on Tein H-Techs so I'm about 1/2 inch lower than you. From the pix it actually doesn't look too low! Do you have to take entries/exits at an angle? Right now I just enjoy not having to worry about that.

Man I remember the good ol days with my 350z, where a narrow steep exit off a parking lot felt like walking the plank. You know what's coming but you have no choice. ha ha

Sure, I'll check the wheels for you. Which ones did you get again?
Old 06-24-09, 01:02 PM
luciush
Driver

I've been waiting on some JIC's but I heard that Tein's were reworked for a much firmer ride than the original set that came out at Sema so out of curiosity I called Tein direct spoke with a tech and he said the new kit for the Isf has a 35-40% stiffer spring rating to eliminate the floaty feel of the first kit
they are calling this kit "comfort sport agressive" he said. If anyone has any knowledge of this post it up because the price and quality of Tein make it a great alternative to the Jic's and the kit has the coils in matte black with matte gold cups and parts not the ugly gumby green
i have the newer version tein cs coilovers with edfc that you are talking about. they are not that bad. its soft when needed on 16. but when you put it on 0 it feels a little bit stiffer than stock. and definately no floatly feeling!
Old 06-24-09, 01:13 PM
pchan0
Lead Lap

Does Clark have this Lexon front lip in stock at his shop? Anyone can confirm?
Old 06-24-09, 01:20 PM
gs2isf
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by primecut
Currently I'm on Tein H-Techs so I'm about 1/2 inch lower than you. From the pix it actually doesn't look too low! Do you have to take entries/exits at an angle? Right now I just enjoy not having to worry about that.

Man I remember the good ol days with my 350z, where a narrow steep exit off a parking lot felt like walking the plank. You know what's coming but you have no choice. ha ha

Sure, I'll check the wheels for you. Which ones did you get again?
Actually your front drop is 1'' where as my is .07" I'm sure you should be good the lip doesn't stick out too much and it sits pretty flush with the bumper I'm gonna go lower in front with the coils there's plenty of room to go lower still
I do avoid speed bumps and steeply raked entrances just to be safe and certain entries I try to be as careful as possible but that's how I would do it lip or no lip ...... I too had a 2003 Lemans sunset 350z and I know just what you mean
Old 06-24-09, 01:25 PM
gs2isf
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by luciush
i have the newer version tein cs coilovers with edfc that you are talking about. they are not that bad. its soft when needed on 16. but when you put it on 0 it feels a little bit stiffer than stock. and definately no floatly feeling!
the comfort sport coils for a GS and the NEW kit for the Isf are completely different.....the gs kit is softer and the NEW Isf kit has been retuned for a firmer sportier ride taking a bit out of the "comfort " part for better handling!
I'm assuming you have a 3rd gen GS not an Isf.....but if you do have this kit on an Isf please write a review i'm sure many would be interested.The rep at Tein even said this kit has a new part #.
Old 06-24-09, 01:40 PM
jctheplaya
Lead Lap

Looks awesome man!, what rims did you order, i got a lot stuff of wait from Clark at VIP can't wait to install everything, i got the ventross kit
Old 06-24-09, 01:45 PM
DRE1615
Lexus Test Driver

That looks so sweet!! If I wasn't dropped on JIC's I'd have that lip for sure. My front bumper is already fcked up from the horrible roads in Chicago. A lip would last maybe a weekend before it was broken clean off. But that contrast looks great.
Old 06-24-09, 02:49 PM
luciush
Driver

the comfort sport coils for a GS and the NEW kit for the Isf are completely different.....the gs kit is softer and the NEW Isf kit has been retuned for a firmer sportier ride taking a bit out of the "comfort " part for better handling!
I'm assuming you have a 3rd gen GS not an Isf.....but if you do have this kit on an Isf please write a review i'm sure many would be interested.The rep at Tein even said this kit has a new part #.
yea i know. i have the new ones on my ISF too!!! lol

the coils are black and top plate is gold!
Old 06-24-09, 03:16 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Looks sick

Originally Posted by DRE1615
That looks so sweet!! If I wasn't dropped on JIC's I'd have that lip for sure. My front bumper is already fcked up from the horrible roads in Chicago. A lip would last maybe a weekend before it was broken clean off. But that contrast looks great.
you wimp just pick mine up off the side of the road and use it if you want
Old 06-25-09, 09:29 AM
Robs IS250
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by mdgrwl
not feeling the different color lip, i know its cf and all but makes a $50K car look ricer IMO.

PAINT THAT!
who in the their right mind would put Carbon Fiber on a white car?!?!

Car looks good bro!! hahaha
Old 06-25-09, 09:43 AM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,058 Likes on 586 Posts
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by pchan0
Does Clark have this Lexon front lip in stock at his shop? Anyone can confirm?
I think turnaround time is 2 weeks from JP.

or

"we can overnight some parts from Japan"

Last edited by Joe Z; 06-25-09 at 09:48 AM.
Old 06-25-09, 10:08 AM
montgb
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Looks good to me, although I wish it was bigger! And don't you dare paint it - it looks good as it is.
Old 06-25-09, 11:03 AM
jkeifer3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by mdgrwl
not feeling the different color lip, i know its cf and all but makes a $50K car look ricer IMO.

PAINT THAT!
Don't look now but, LOL, the car is a ricer!

Quick Reply: Just installed my Lexon Carbon Fiber front lip