IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

What kind of price should I aim for on a new IS-F?

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-09, 11:21 PM
NINEZeRO
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What kind of price should I aim for on a new IS-F?

I've gotten down to 5k under invoice for C63, and around invoice for a e92 M3 coupe DCT. Is something under invoice feasible with the IS-F? I was all but set on the C63 but the reliability is making me think twice.
Old 06-23-09, 11:26 PM
malujerry
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

these cars are maybe in the same "class" but they are really different - you should know what you want then work your way from there. time to man up.

you also have to price this out on edmunds.com in your area, with the options you want - it only takes a minute and you'll get unhypothesized answers. this is the 2nd thread you started about pricing.

besides this has been discussed, fully loaded leftover 08's are about $48-49ish and 09's are $54-55ish +TTL

reliability?
http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...icial%26sa%3DN

Last edited by malujerry; 06-23-09 at 11:37 PM.
Old 06-24-09, 01:23 AM
Dave600hL
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would say , take a step back and really think about what you want, b/c if you don't you will regret it as it sounds like you don't have your mind made up, at the moment you seem like a mess. Peoples finances are not my business, but I am concerned that you may be buying a car beyond your means. These cars are so close together in price that should not matter, I really think it should come down to what you like the best and what will fit your needs. Maybe I am missing something here, but that is how I see it.
Old 06-24-09, 01:34 AM
NINEZeRO
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Dave600hL
I would say , take a step back and really think about what you want, b/c if you don't you will regret it as it sounds like you don't have your mind made up, at the moment you seem like a mess. Peoples finances are not my business, but I am concerned that you may be buying a car beyond your means. These cars are so close together in price that should not matter, I really think it should come down to what you like the best and what will fit your needs. Maybe I am missing something here, but that is how I see it.

They are pretty close together in price, but not from my situation, I am looking to trade in my S5 and spend as little money as possible to switch out of it. I need approximately 40k, 30k, and 25k to switch to a M3, C63, IS-F respectively. The M3 is the one that is kind of out of my price range when new. I also am trying to take advantage of the current value of my car because it is higher than what I have been expecting.
Old 06-24-09, 02:02 AM
malujerry
Lexus Test Driver

trade is usually bad.

why do you want out of the s5 anyways? that might help you decide what you what... if the 15,000 other reasons didn't win you over ($40k-$25k)

don't even try to buy a car near the end of your budget, you'll definitely have to mod/repair/maintain these cars often.

Last edited by malujerry; 06-24-09 at 02:10 AM.
Old 06-24-09, 02:21 AM
NINEZeRO
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by malujerry
trade is usually bad.

why do you want out of the s5 anyways? that might help you decide what you what... if the 15,000 other reasons didn't win you over ($40k-$25k)

don't even try to buy a car near the end of your budget, you'll definitely have to mod/repair/maintain these cars often.

So do you like your IS-F? Is it fun to drive, that is the most important thing to me. S5 drives so crappy it's not even funny.
Old 06-24-09, 03:03 AM
Dave600hL
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by NINEZeRO
They are pretty close together in price, but not from my situation, I am looking to trade in my S5 and spend as little money as possible to switch out of it. I need approximately 40k, 30k, and 25k to switch to a M3, C63, IS-F respectively. The M3 is the one that is kind of out of my price range when new. I also am trying to take advantage of the current value of my car because it is higher than what I have been expecting.
Everyone, well almost everyone wants to spend the least amount of money when buying something. And if $5K difference between an IS-F and a C63 can be made, then it is going to come down to what you want from the car in the end.

I have driven all the cars in this class (Audi, benz, BMW and lexus) and the two cars that I liked the most was the Benz and Lexus. Both felt great driving, the C63 just had tons of power , that being said the IS-F is not too shabby either. I liked the feel of the IS-F over the C63 and overall quality just felt better. The sound of the benz was much better, but an aftermaket exhaust can quickly remedy that. So why did I choose the IS-F? B/c putting it simply, I am no race driver and those few tenths of a second that I probably will not notice will not matter b/c both cars are great and fun to drive. Reliability and overall quality is what I took. So decide what you want and stick to that decision.
Old 06-24-09, 07:51 AM
malujerry
Lexus Test Driver

i love my ISF. in the end, i do not regret choosing the F over the M, and the wifey immediately shot down getting a benz (she had last gen's c-class which gave her alot of problems.)

it simply came down to price, i could not justify spending about $17k more on a comparably equipped m3.

F is fun to drive, i get plenty of looks, and it a great car for a DD. but everyone's definition of fun is different also, i would imagine the M is more fun to drive if you like manual and get on it constantly. to me that's annoying after 2 minutes - i got things to do.

my negatives are it's bumpy ride, lack of vented seats, slightly exaggerated looks, and the salty looks from the M fanboys.

Last edited by malujerry; 06-24-09 at 07:55 AM.
Old 06-26-09, 01:02 AM
ES3
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by NINEZeRO
I've gotten down to 5k under invoice for C63
Wow, MB is that desperate? Such a sick amount of torque in that thing. But clearly the F is the bargain for reliability and performance!