BBS 20" LM exact wheel specs please? pic example - Page 2 - Club Lexus Forums

Log In 

BBS 20" LM exact wheel specs please? pic example

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-16-09, 11:03 PM   #16
s4play
Lexus Champion
Thread Starter
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: California
Posts: 2,285
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rominl View Post
so when are you ordering the wheels rick? got your own contacts already?
Yup a friend of mine has a contact over there....hopefully the car gets here before the rims!
s4play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-09, 11:35 PM   #17
Dave600hL
Lexus Champion
 
Dave600hL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Japan
Posts: 2,229
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by s4play View Post
Yup a friend of mine has a contact over there....hopefully the car gets here before the rims!
I hope you don't ripped on the price. Also your freind better know a lot about shipping b/c I can garrentee that it will cost you close to $700-$900 just for shipping alone if you don't know what you are doing.

I just got off the phone with BBS japan and you will only be able to gold polish or diamond silver polish. The only LM wheel that they have that will fit the IS-F is LM 240 20X8.5J with a 43mm offset and the rear is LM 241 20X9.5J with a 45mm offset. That looks like the only choice you have unless you want to do some serious rolling of the fenders and go LM 239 20X10.5J with a 20mm offset, but I don't think they will fit even if you rolled the fenders. They have an LM that is 20X10J with a 38mm offset, that could fit with some fender work???

Also the wheels in the pics offsets are the same 20X8.5J with a 43mm offset and the rear is 20X9.5J with a 45mm offset.

I hope that helps.
Dave600hL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-09, 12:08 AM   #18
primecut
Lexus Test Driver
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: CA
Posts: 1,534
Default

I personally wouldn't do it, but you can go with spacers to make them flush. BTW how much are the MSRPs on these?
primecut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-09, 12:29 AM   #19
Dave600hL
Lexus Champion
 
Dave600hL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Japan
Posts: 2,229
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by primecut View Post
I personally wouldn't do it, but you can go with spacers to make them flush. BTW how much are the MSRPs on these?
$1,500 and $1,600 for the MSRP respectively for front and back for each wheel. I know you can get them for cheaper though.
Dave600hL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-09, 08:35 AM   #20
s4play
Lexus Champion
Thread Starter
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: California
Posts: 2,285
Default

This is what I got quoted in terms of sizing and price for the IS-F if I go 20's:

LM240 20x8.5 ET43
LM241 20x9.5 ET45 or LM238 20x9.5 ET40



Or if you want to go little more aggressive.

LM185 20x8.5 ET36
LM186 20x10.0 ET38


****Price is $5600 and $5800 for the above set up.


For my NSX I wanted:

19x10, +40 offset, 5x114.3 lug pattern in the DSK finish, red centercaps.

Center bore will be 64.1 mm so it should fit over the Lexus at 60.1mm as well.


I decided to go with a set of 19's stagger for the IS-F so I can interchange wheels with the NSX thus this is how I can up with these sizes:

Front: 19x8.5, +43 (IS-F fronts)
Rear: 19x10, +40 (NSX rear and also fits IS-F too)



thanks for your insight Dave - perhaps I should buy from you instead but I wonder why your guy says the DSK is not available while my guy said it is....hmmm?
s4play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-09, 04:37 PM   #21
Dave600hL
Lexus Champion
 
Dave600hL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Japan
Posts: 2,229
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by s4play View Post
This is what I got quoted in terms of sizing and price for the IS-F if I go 20's:

LM240 20x8.5 ET43
LM241 20x9.5 ET45 or LM238 20x9.5 ET40



Or if you want to go little more aggressive.

LM185 20x8.5 ET36
LM186 20x10.0 ET38


****Price is $5600 and $5800 for the above set up.


For my NSX I wanted:

19x10, +40 offset, 5x114.3 lug pattern in the DSK finish, red centercaps.

Center bore will be 64.1 mm so it should fit over the Lexus at 60.1mm as well.


I decided to go with a set of 19's stagger for the IS-F so I can interchange wheels with the NSX thus this is how I can up with these sizes:

Front: 19x8.5, +43 (IS-F fronts)
Rear: 19x10, +40 (NSX rear and also fits IS-F too)



thanks for your insight Dave - perhaps I should buy from you instead but I wonder why your guy says the DSK is not available while my guy said it is....hmmm?
DSK is diamond silver polish, which is available, sorry for the confussion.

You should be able to get a tire and wheel set for $6K on those wheels. But that is just what info I have dug up.
Dave600hL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-09, 07:22 PM   #22
malujerry
Lexus Test Driver
iTrader: (7)
 
malujerry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NY
Posts: 1,106
Default

doesn't d2 autosports sell these wheels also?
http://www.d2autosport.com/D2_2006/06_Wheels/index.html
malujerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-09, 11:03 PM   #23
s4play
Lexus Champion
Thread Starter
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: California
Posts: 2,285
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by malujerry View Post
doesn't d2 autosports sell these wheels also?
http://www.d2autosport.com/D2_2006/06_Wheels/index.html
Trust me, MANYMANY retailers claim to sell BBS rims but once you give them the specs, they will tell you "Sorry, can't get those blah blah"
s4play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-09, 11:27 PM   #24
primecut
Lexus Test Driver
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: CA
Posts: 1,534
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave600hL View Post
$1,500 and $1,600 for the MSRP respectively for front and back for each wheel. I know you can get them for cheaper though.
Thanks for the heads up. I'm pretty sure those are built to order right? They should change it so you can order custom offsets.
primecut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-09, 08:21 AM   #25
s4play
Lexus Champion
Thread Starter
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: California
Posts: 2,285
Default

The wheels are custom ordered, not custom built I think so lead time is roughly 5 weeks from what I was told.

I'm going to try a 19x10" rear for the IS-F first to see if it looks good, if not then I'll step up to a set of 20's for the IS-F. I think the OEM rims on the IS-F is stunning and few aftermarket rims can improve on the looks except for BBS


rick
s4play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-09, 09:36 AM   #26
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur
 
flipside909's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: L(F)A, California
Posts: 19,109
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by s4play View Post
The wheels are custom ordered, not custom built I think so lead time is roughly 5 weeks from what I was told.

I'm going to try a 19x10" rear for the IS-F first to see if it looks good, if not then I'll step up to a set of 20's for the IS-F. I think the OEM rims on the IS-F is stunning and few aftermarket rims can improve on the looks except for BBS


rick
Once you get em, let me know!
flipside909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-09, 10:19 PM   #27
ExclusivIS
Lexus Champion
iTrader: (9)
 
ExclusivIS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: New York
Posts: 3,090
Default

Can someone PM me with info on ordering BBS'? Curious not in the LM's but in the other mesh wheel (RS-GT). Let me know!
ExclusivIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-09, 06:15 AM   #28
s4play
Lexus Champion
Thread Starter
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: California
Posts: 2,285
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipside909 View Post
Once you get em, let me know!

Just at the mercy of waiting right now. This wheel is only available from BBS Japan from what experts have told me. Hopefully I ordered the right wheel since it's non-refundable of course and NOT cheap by any means!


ExclusivIS: I will ask my friend if he can get the RSGT but he's doing it as a favor for me so can't promise anything. Maybe ask a friend who lives in Japan to order for you?
s4play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-13, 12:36 PM   #29
ROK
Lead Lap
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: NW
Posts: 621
Default

Any updates? I'd love this setup if it doesn't rub at all slightly lowered. Thanks!

LM185 20x8.5 ET36
LM186 20x10.0 ET38
ROK is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
CA FS : 19" BBS LM rep DaNiELx626 Wheels and Tires Classifieds 9 02-22-14 11:30 AM
IL BBS LM reps 19's 8.5 and 9.5 ET 15 w/Falkens kwikshift Wheels and Tires Classifieds 1 01-26-13 06:53 PM
CA BayArea 19" Brand New BBS LM Reps with New Tires and New TPMS Sensors!! bareefer Wheels and Tires Classifieds 32 02-09-11 08:25 AM
CA FS: BBS LM Replicas 19" Staggered Gold with Falken FK452 mr nut Wheels and Tires Classifieds 4 07-02-10 02:23 PM
MI FS: 19" Staggered Linea Corse BBS LM Reps w/ Falken tires: $1385 OBO CCSC400 Wheels and Tires Classifieds 25 12-20-09 05:57 PM


Tags
20, 350, bbs, bbs20wheel, centerbore, gs, hre, is300, isf, lexus, lm, nsx, specs, wheel, wheels, white

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:19 AM.


Copyright © 2000-2016 Internet Brands, Inc. All Rights Reserved