IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

BC Racing Coilovers

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-10, 04:23 PM
trackdood
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

they are inexpensive and do the job of lower.

if you want to have that nice feel and look you step up to KW otherwise buy them (bc) and sooner or later you will buy the KW.
Old 02-03-11, 06:24 AM
CCColtsicehockey
Advanced

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

So I am considering getting a set of BC Coilovers but have been reading what seems to be a lot of people that are unhappy with the spring rates. I want to be able to keep a close to stock ride normally but have the ability to increase the rates a decent amount when I want too. Seems as though 14k/12k is the standard so if above is what I am looking for would 16k/14k be better or even 18k/16k? Any input would be helpful. Thanks.
Old 02-03-11, 07:23 AM
Supraman16
Advanced

Received 37 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by WReuroR
So I am considering getting a set of BC Coilovers but have been reading what seems to be a lot of people that are unhappy with the spring rates. I want to be able to keep a close to stock ride normally but have the ability to increase the rates a decent amount when I want too. Seems as though 14k/12k is the standard so if above is what I am looking for would 16k/14k be better or even 18k/16k? Any input would be helpful. Thanks.
So after a lot of research and talking to people, I decided to go with BC Coilovers with the recommended spring rates, 14/12K. I have had them installed for about 1 month and I'm happy to say I'm definately happy with them. I'm a pretty aggressive driver so my setting for the shocks are 18 clicks up front and 15 clicks in the back (from full soft). This is a great compromise for daily driving comfort (better than stock comfort too!!) and aggressive handling. At the above settings, it still handles better than stock. I say go with the recommended spring rates and you'll be happy. Contact Figs for a great price!...Darshana S...
Old 02-03-11, 05:58 PM
96817isf
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i think im def. goin to get bc coilovers i just wonder if they make it in the er model..i just like that thought of that external resivour. but i plan on goin with 18k front and 16d rear spring rates..
Old 02-04-11, 10:12 AM
mikefate
Lead Lap

I have the Fig recommended spring rates on my bc coils. I have them in the box still. Haven't had time to install. Plus this ****ty Nj weather I havent driven the f since before Xmas.
Old 02-04-11, 02:04 PM
FIGS
The Maker

Received 141 Likes on 73 Posts

No ER model yet. There is no space to take the reservoir out I beleive, but I have been pushing this since I started working with BC.
Links - Arms - SuperPro Poly Bushings - Solid Bearing Conversions - Motor Mounts
RB BBK's and 2P Rotors, G-Loc pads, Radium Fuel Systems
Custom Fabrication Design and Machining - Industrial 3D Printing - Laser Cutting
2018 USTCC Sportsman Class Champions - 2018 NASA ST5 National Champions
Old 02-07-11, 09:40 AM
CircuitMS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

BC has no plans as of right now to make an ER series. They have very limited ER series coverage as it is a specialty built setup for small orders.

If anyone has any questions on the BC stuf,f or wnats a good dea on a set, feel free to shoot us a PM
Old 05-18-11, 04:47 AM
caymandive
11 Second Club

Received 62 Likes on 30 Posts

I just received some BC coilovers with 16k/12k spring rates from FIGS the other day and they look great! Love the black/gold look compared to the colorful looking KW coilovers. Anyway, while I'm preparing to do the install, I did some measurements and found something rather surprising about the stock ride height.

I measured the distance from the fender to the floor down the center of the wheel and discovered that one side of the front sits almost a half inch lower than the other side! Anyone else notice this?

Front Driver side: 26 3/8 inches
Front Pass side 26 6/8 inches
Rear Driver side 26 inches
Rear Pass side 25 7/8 inches

Last edited by caymandive; 05-18-11 at 05:27 AM.
Old 05-18-11, 05:19 AM
mikefate
Lead Lap

Compensate for driver weight maybe? Have an average sized person sit in drivers seat and remeasure.
Old 05-18-11, 05:52 AM
caymandive
11 Second Club

Received 62 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by mikefate
Compensate for driver weight maybe? Have an average sized person sit in drivers seat and remeasure.
Wouldn't having someone sit in the driver seat cause the driver side to be even lower??? Seems that if it was done for compensation the driver side would be slightly higher.
Old 05-18-11, 06:01 AM
CCColtsicehockey
Advanced

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

My BC coilovers just came the other day as well but I probably won't have time to install them for a week or more. I will have to wait for a weekend so I have more time I guess but have been considering installing the fronts one night and the rears the next. I can't imagine driving with only the fronts installed for one day would be that much of an issue.

Definitely weird about your measurements.
Old 05-18-11, 08:14 AM
robbys3m3
Driver

Originally Posted by caymandive
I just received some BC coilovers with 16k/12k spring rates from FIGS the other day and they look great! Love the black/gold look compared to the colorful looking KW coilovers. Anyway, while I'm preparing to do the install, I did some measurements and found something rather surprising about the stock ride height.

I measured the distance from the fender to the floor down the center of the wheel and discovered that one side of the front sits almost a half inch lower than the other side! Anyone else notice this?

Front Driver side: 26 3/8 inches
Front Pass side 26 6/8 inches
Rear Driver side 26 inches
Rear Pass side 25 7/8 inches
My car doesnt sit even side to side either. This is also the case with my GT-R, but with it the lean was WAY more noticable before I changed up the suspension.
Old 05-18-11, 12:40 PM
mikefate
Lead Lap

Wouldn't having someone sit in the driver seat cause the driver side to be even lower??? Seems that if it was done for compensation the driver side would be slightly higher.
Sorry. I read your measurements backwards. Haha.
Old 05-18-11, 01:40 PM
FIGS
The Maker

Received 141 Likes on 73 Posts

For those wondering the higher rates I suggested for caymandive were based on the additional power output of his car and his comfort level with the OEM suspension. This is another reason I feel that the BC offers a better configurable solution for modded cars over KW since KW wants to control the high speed fluid range and the spring rates to what they spec. I feel that spring rate increase vs valve restriction is a better way to deal with coarse energy transfer when you have more power or more traction.

Fig
Links - Arms - SuperPro Poly Bushings - Solid Bearing Conversions - Motor Mounts
RB BBK's and 2P Rotors, G-Loc pads, Radium Fuel Systems
Custom Fabrication Design and Machining - Industrial 3D Printing - Laser Cutting
2018 USTCC Sportsman Class Champions - 2018 NASA ST5 National Champions
Old 05-18-11, 01:50 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,058 Likes on 586 Posts
Lightbulb

It's a common issue on all IS's.. Why exactly I don't know..

But with these fully adjustable coils, you will be able to fine tune each corner height to the exact same specs / ride height that you like..

Joe Z

Quick Reply: BC Racing Coilovers