IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Independent DYNO Proven results by "Caymandive" - no BS here!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-16, 10:19 AM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Received 144 Likes on 119 Posts

that car would of been close or in the 10s with drag tires and Caymandive behind the wheel.
Old 11-06-16, 11:12 PM
tas02
Lexus Test Driver

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts

The trap speed veifies the horsepower claim. May have to pull the trigger on this.
Old 11-14-16, 11:31 AM
SikkyMFG
Former Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

We apologize about the delayed response to this thread but we felt it was a priority to address this with James himself first and sort things out internally. As you can imagine this was a shock for us and we were very sorry to hear about the issues that James had. Our company policy is if any customer ever has a concern or issue with anything that it becomes our number one priority to look into and address as needed. Unfortunately in this case it sounds as though when the sales rep was told by the customer he heard a noise he discounted it as minor and did not follow protocol when he told the customer we were booked for a month. This was a true statement on his part but with our policy this should have never prevented us from looking at the car and discovering/addressing the issues.

We wasted no time getting to the bottom of this on our end once we found out what was found and determined the source of all the install problems. Being that James’ car was used to test first article prototypes the normal technicians were not doing the repeated install and removal as different designs were tested and proved out on our dyno. One of our fabricators and one of our engineers assigned to this project did the lion’s share of this work. Given the nature of this prototype process people from our fabrication/engineering department were involved that would not normally work on a customer car or any car for that matter. We know it’s too late in this case but we feel it necessary to mention that we dealt with this internally and the fabricator and engineer responsible for this are no longer employed here. We want to assure everyone that this is not an ongoing issue or a common one and was an isolated incident that we have acted swiftly on. All the installs done on the V2 headers and all headers before these have been performed by our usual technicians with a great deal of experience and the excellent service and install we are known for. To further reassure anyone who had an install done we invite you to come back at your convenience and we will be happy to put the vehicle up on our lifts and examine together. The point here is this was an isolated issue and human error that we have resolved. Some of the recipients of the V2 header have chimed in this forum already backing that fact up with great reviews on the V2 product and install.

The headers that are currently in production do not have any fitment issues whatsoever. They are in fact much easier to install then our previous header and no longer require removing the factory studs so you can use all OEM hardware at the cylinder heads. Install time has been dropped substantially. If you follow our exact method for install the job is much easier and quicker saving you money. We have been busy compiling a very detailed install procedure with plenty of tips from our vast experience. This is primarily why we required local install for the BETA test headers so we could refine these installation instructions and closely monitor this process to determine if there were any problems. We can honestly boast that in our opinion there is likely nobody else that has installed as many ISF/RCF headers as we have, and until this incident maintained such a good track record. We intend to continue delivering top notch products and service. Having spoken to James directly he is very happy with the performance of the headers and now that his issues are addressed he is looking forward to driving the car and re setting the new fastest ISF street car record in the quarter mile.
Old 11-14-16, 11:51 AM
mahcah
Racer

Received 46 Likes on 34 Posts

Very nice. Especially not having to remove the factory studs. Looking forward to seeing the detailed install procedure!
Old 11-15-16, 07:37 AM
GR8WHITE
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Super happy customer here. Glad to see Sikky chime in.
Old 11-15-16, 09:38 AM
nicklausw
Pole Position

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

I am anxious to see what you put down with the airbox and tune. I will soon have a pretty similar setup with your old V1 headers. RR airbox and tuner is on the way.
Old 11-15-16, 10:31 AM
Gearbangin
Lexus Test Driver

Received 223 Likes on 95 Posts

Wow my best 60 is 1.9011 on street tires so with that trap high 10s for sure.
Old 11-15-16, 01:32 PM
caymandive
11 Second Club

Received 62 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by nicklausw
I am anxious to see what you put down with the airbox and tune. I will soon have a pretty similar setup with your old V1 headers. RR airbox and tuner is on the way.
Nice. I was wondering how you were liking the headers. They are 11 second headers so I hope to see you get out there and get some runs with them esp once the tune is complete.
Old 11-22-16, 09:04 PM
MileHIFcar
Pole Position

Received 402 Likes on 256 Posts

Still going tomorrow to the dyno?? Marked it on my calendar, curious to see your results without the GESI high flow cats?!
Old 11-23-16, 04:24 AM
caymandive
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by MileHIFcar
Still going tomorrow to the dyno?? Marked it on my calendar, curious to see your results without the GESI high flow cats?!
i am still going later this morning but my exhaust setup is the same. I still have the cats in place with the difference being the tune and intake.
Old 11-23-16, 07:27 AM
LexISguy
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by caymandive
i am still going later this morning but my exhaust setup is the same. I still have the cats in place with the difference being the tune and intake.
Good Luck James looking forward to those numbers...
Old 11-23-16, 07:35 AM
idoke1
Instructor

Received 49 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by LexISguy
Good Luck James looking forward to those numbers...
+ 1
I too am looking forward for your results. I was actually planning to run @ Sacramento race way tonight too but the weather is not good today.
Old 11-23-16, 07:54 AM
caymandive
11 Second Club

Just did 4 runs on the dyno for warm up. By accident we did 5th gear first and noticed the car pulled to 7000rpm without unlocking converter. The 3 other pulls in 6th unlocked at stock redline maybe due to speed limiter so I may try some pulls in 4th as RR recommends. Good news is we are already 6 hp higher than before. And typically the car will put down about 10 more after a cool down session. Also these pulls are with the lid on the intake box. Temps are about 15 over ambient on the runs. I may try with lid off later just out of curiosity.
Old 11-23-16, 08:29 AM
rselby
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Wonder if you have thought adding a splash of E85 to the fuel, My RR Tune loves this mix of about E25, no hard #s for it but it sure feels like it makes a BIG difference , would love to see someone try it on the Dyno
Old 11-23-16, 08:34 AM
Joker4096
Instructor

Received 66 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by rselby
Wonder if you have thought adding a splash of E85 to the fuel, My RR Tune loves this mix of about E25, no hard #s for it but it sure feels like it makes a BIG difference , would love to see someone try it on the Dyno
I think he is already mixing.

Quick Reply: Independent DYNO Proven results by "Caymandive" - no BS here!!