IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Official IS-F Drag Time/Dyno Time/Performance Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-16, 06:16 AM
Eedo123
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey guys and gals,

This past weekend I participated in a drag event called Race the Runway in a small town call Smith Falls, Ontario. Lots of cars showed up (despite the rainy weather), but the IS-F definitely stood out amongst the crowd. There were a lot of Corvettes and Camaros, few challengers, mustangs, some german sedans. One car that stood out to me was a 2016 Chevy SS with an after market supercharger, which the owner told me now makes 607 at the crank; I'm sure some of you here would appreciate that car. Here is their website, http://racetherunway.com , and here are pics of the results of the quarter mile times. Overall, I placed about exactly where I thought I would. Mods are 245/275 michelin super sports, exhaust, and headers. Also, the track was wet at first, but became dry throughout the day and my three runs got progressively better (12.69, 12.43, 12.11).

Last edited by Eedo123; 08-15-16 at 06:28 AM.
Old 08-21-16, 09:00 PM
Bakewalk
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Probably the first ISF to break into the 10's.

:-)
Old 08-23-16, 11:01 AM
Vervish
Racer

Received 130 Likes on 85 Posts

That Toyota Echo tho!

Originally Posted by Eedo123
Hey guys and gals,

This past weekend I participated in a drag event called Race the Runway in a small town call Smith Falls, Ontario. Lots of cars showed up (despite the rainy weather), but the IS-F definitely stood out amongst the crowd. There were a lot of Corvettes and Camaros, few challengers, mustangs, some german sedans. One car that stood out to me was a 2016 Chevy SS with an after market supercharger, which the owner told me now makes 607 at the crank; I'm sure some of you here would appreciate that car. Here is their website, http://racetherunway.com , and here are pics of the results of the quarter mile times. Overall, I placed about exactly where I thought I would. Mods are 245/275 michelin super sports, exhaust, and headers. Also, the track was wet at first, but became dry throughout the day and my three runs got progressively better (12.69, 12.43, 12.11).
Old 08-30-16, 08:36 AM
ForzaF
Pole Position

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

More on that Echo
Twin Engine Turbo Echo, Race The Runway, RTR 16 - YouTube

Looks like a fun event. I'll definitely try to make this next year, if I only knew about it id be there this year.

Last edited by ForzaF; 08-30-16 at 08:39 AM.
Old 08-31-16, 07:43 PM
Sneakerboy
Rookie

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Vervish
That Toyota Echo tho!

Haha I was going to say the same thing. Came out of nowhere on that list
Old 09-15-16, 08:16 AM
FFM
Racer

Received 133 Likes on 92 Posts

Hitting the strip for the first time tomorrow. Bone stock engine/performance mods. Only has Swift springs.

Dont have the cable to read my KCLV so been running a 6:1 mix of 92 and 110 since Tuesday to make sure there's minimal risk of knock. On Hancook V12's, factory sizing, not really sure how well these will do but will air them down slightly and see what happens. Running at Mission Raceway in BC since it's closer for us that heading south.
Old 09-16-16, 06:15 AM
idoke1
Instructor

Received 50 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by FFM
Hitting the strip for the first time tomorrow. Bone stock engine/performance mods. Only has Swift springs.

Dont have the cable to read my KCLV so been running a 6:1 mix of 92 and 110 since Tuesday to make sure there's minimal risk of knock. On Hancook V12's, factory sizing, not really sure how well these will do but will air them down slightly and see what happens. Running at Mission Raceway in BC since it's closer for us that heading south.
Let us know how you did and best of luck out there
Old 09-17-16, 08:08 AM
FFM
Racer

Last night was a bust. It started to sprinkle in Bellingham so we hesitated to leave, so got there a little later than I would have liked. Sure as ****, my first run up, and it starts sprinkling so we get shut down in the staging lanes.

I sat there for over a half hour, they finally let us run, and I'm so irritated I forget to put it in manual mode lol FUUUUUUU!

Epic fail of a night. Started raining right after so only got the one run and spent 3 hours at the track. What a **** show.

Regardless, got good data. High 12'a should be cake. I ran a 13.2 with a 2.0 60' in damn auto (I remembered sport and no TCS lol) and once I realized what I'd done I slammed it in manual but I was already in third.

I was was so mad at myself, what a dumb mistake. But 8:30, hadn't ate dinner, and sitting on hold in the staging lane totally F'd up my focus. I'm bummed, but if the weather sticks next Friday they offered for people to come back since the night was a bust for most people.
Old 09-18-16, 12:14 AM
tas02
Lexus Test Driver

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts

Thats the way it is here. No rain for weeks, then it hits on the day set aside to go racing.

Same thing happened to me when I went to Bremerton in July. Got 2 runs in before the skies opened up & the car's on drag radials 35 miles from home.
Were you at Mission?
Old 09-18-16, 08:26 AM
FFM
Racer

Yeah, I'm watching the weather and will go next Friday if it's dry. I want that high 12 slip before I start modding haha.
Old 09-30-16, 08:41 AM
yoshua60
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Got a baseline today...

stock 337.2 whp/308 tq (highest of all 3 runs)

Old 10-06-16, 03:13 AM
Defratos
Racer

Received 69 Likes on 43 Posts

^ was this done on 6th gear?
Old 10-27-16, 10:26 PM
SoulFreak
Instructor

Received 36 Likes on 26 Posts

Hi Everyone! I managed to make it out to the drag strip for the first time ever last friday. After reading the first 16 pages of this thread, I decided to do the usual weight reduction steps to be prepare. For the life of me, I wasn't able to successfully remove the jack from the trunk! I tried over 5 times!!! Im very OCD with my items and didn't want to break or severely scratch the area its stuck on. I read the manual and unfortunately it doesn't indicate anything in particular. It should be straight forward but the darn jack is simply stuck. I even tried loosening the screw to expand or collapse the jack and that wouldn't turn either. In the trunk it stayed. Everything else from the engine covers, floor mats, spare, and personal items out they went.

After arriving at PBIR I was quickly overwhelmed due to the fact I required a helmet which I didn't have and none were available to rent. The sponsor signed my ticket and said I could return anytime during the year for free. Upon, staying in the sidelines and observing how everything operated and checking out some insane rides. I quickly spotted street car drivers in the staging lanes without helmets getting ready for some runs. I made a beeline to the employee who was directing the lanes and explained my situation. He said "Go get your car man, no worries!" I was filled with joy as I really wanted to break the ice in finally making this all happen.

I ended up running twice as it was getting late. First run I was alone and second run was vs a BMW 5 series. I spun the tires a bit just to clean them off, I didn't turn the nannies off in both runs, I wanted to get a feel for the car first. I was in Manual and Sports mode both times. I want to say I slammed the gas and shifted at every beep! I currently have an ISS Forged Quad Exhaust System, K&N dry filter, Winmax Brake pads W3 & W4, Toyo Proxes 4 Plus on stock size, Redline egnine oil, the rest of the car is stock. Its a 2011 with 63k miles. I know I have a lot of work to do, the first run I was shocked myself, it was just plain awful. I actually braked before I saw the green light at the end of the strip not knowing where to start slowing down Either way, Im hooked!

I'm more than likely going back this friday. I want to thank Caymandive and Gearbangin for taking the time to give me advice and sharing some tips. Any thoughts? and comments are well appreciated!

​​​​​​​

Last edited by SoulFreak; 10-27-16 at 11:36 PM.
Old 10-27-16, 10:28 PM
SoulFreak
Instructor

Received 36 Likes on 26 Posts

At PBIR

​​​​​​​
Old 10-30-16, 08:07 PM
ISFSCOTT
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My 2013 stock ISF baseline runs.

Last edited by ISFSCOTT; 11-29-16 at 11:48 AM.

Quick Reply: Official IS-F Drag Time/Dyno Time/Performance Thread