speeding

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-09, 05:44 PM
lx470man
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default speeding

has anyone gotten a speeding ticket?
i freaking just got my first speeding ticket in over 12 years.

does anyone know approx. how much the ticket will be?
im in california and i plan on going to traffic school to get this wiped from my record.

i was doing 56mph in 25mph zone. ooppss
also going to traffic school will help reduce the cost of the ticket?
Old 01-27-09, 06:43 PM
Damage
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by lx470man

im in california and i plan on going to traffic school to get this wiped from my record.

about $300 probably. i'd fight it regardless if you can via trial by written declaration.

going to traffic school doesn't reduce the (initial) cost of the ticket. it prevents you from getting points on your record though which keeps insurance rates down.
Old 01-27-09, 06:48 PM
CrazyMPG
Phat Monkey

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

If possible try to postpone the date two times before you have to go to court to pay the fine or see the judge and also find out when the officer that pulled you over is away from work or vacation, or something else so when you schedule the court date again...he won't be there and viola you win!
Old 01-27-09, 07:21 PM
BigMikeISF
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Sorry to hear about your ticket! Did the officer at least compliment the car?

Here you go (it is a pdf file). I would assume violation of code 22358 and the approximate fine is on page 45. $266

http://www.courtinfo.ca.gov/referenc...008_jcbail.pdf
Old 01-27-09, 07:39 PM
ub2slow2
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got a speeding ticket within the first week I owned the car. First ticket in probably 15 years. Wasn't because I was intentionally speeding, I was doing 10 over in a construction zone and didn't realize the limit had changed. However, had I been in my Infiniti SUV I am sure I would have got a warning especially based on my driving record (they know that when they call your tags in) but since I was in my brand new blue F, the young chic cop flat out gave me a ticket.

I said to her, "you are giving me a ticket and not a warning? I haven't had a ticket in 15 years, it wasn't like I was in a hurry, I just set the cruise wrong not thinking it was a 55 mph zone. I bet if I was in my SUV and not this car you would have given me a warning". She says, drive through tomorrow in your SUV and we'll see. Good line but pissed me off she wrote me a ticket. She's like, you can go to stop class some Saturday and get it erased. 8 hours to save a $25 tickets?? Screw that.
Old 01-27-09, 07:44 PM
F BOMB
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

78 in a 45 last October.

Coincidentally a gas station behind me had just been held up.

The moment they yelled over the amp to turn off the engine, I knew it was going to be a fun night.
Old 01-28-09, 06:35 AM
UZ214
Pole Position

Received 221 Likes on 163 Posts

good radar always help, but 56 in 25? ..it wont help
Old 01-28-09, 08:31 AM
archie
Rookie

56 in a 25 zone i dont think is going to be a small fine. i also think that 30+ over the limit is a manditory court appearance and can qualify for reckless.
Old 01-28-09, 09:29 AM
lx470man
Lead Lap

no the ticket is not marked manditory court. and also the sherriff said i will recieve a notice in the mail and then i can make a appointment for traffic school. and get this taken off my record.
Old 01-28-09, 11:10 AM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,058 Likes on 586 Posts
Lightbulb

Ouch.. Sorry to hear about the ticket...

Was he hiding and using a radar?? or just pacing you??

I have to get me a radar detector real soon.

It just might be cheaper than a speeding ticket or traffic school..

BTW - I took this picture with my cell phone a few months ago, just next door from Carson Toyota

I thought it was thread appropriate...

Joe Z
Old 01-28-09, 11:22 AM
gs2isf
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

my last ticket was in 1993, i got pulled over in my isf driving home from the dealer cop said my engine was making noises that equal speeding
he let me go with a warning.Two weeks later doing 94mph on a 55...went to court fine was $200...three DAYS later did a smokey burnout off a green light went to traffic school....$140.......1 day before i put my f in storage for the winter.....52mph in a 30......got 3 months supervision......sucks but it was all worth it.
Old 01-28-09, 01:39 PM
CaThaFeR
speshul c

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

got 1 speeding ticket in the F... got pulled over a 2nd time for speeding but i didnt get a ticket that time.. and ive gotten a ticket for my tint
Old 01-28-09, 04:45 PM
foup
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lx470man

Sorry to hear that... I got one speeding ticket in 10 years, at 47 MPH going downhill thru a speed trap (signs showing 35 and then 30) before a turn where it's impossible to go over 20 MPH so nobody slows at the sign but slows a few hundreds feet later. But that was in my Prius, the LEO used a LIDAR gun.

I figured that ticket was "really" for all those other cases when I was really speeding so I could not complain that much

Yes, probably $300 or so for the fine. I read that you can't go to traffic school if it's 20 over. Going 75 in an empty 55 MPH freeway is not "as bad" as going 55 in a 25 MPH child/pedestrian zone, so it might be at the discretion of the judge. California is no a cool place to speed. Since then I got a 9500ix (but which does not really help with guns).

Let us know anyway how this works for you. Was the LEO using a laser gun? Traffic school is a no brainer, you can do it in less time than advertised and from work if you can. But then you have to keep "quiet" for 18 months...
Old 01-28-09, 05:38 PM
BigMikeISF
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

I got one on Christmas eve delivering Christmas gifts to homeless children...talk about a cop who was a dic*

Oh well, I paid it and haven't slowed down at all since

Last edited by BigMikeISF; 01-28-09 at 05:47 PM.
Old 01-28-09, 05:38 PM
CDNROCKIES
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've only got one speeding ticket in the F so far, and it was bs. Court date is in a couple of weeks. It was only for 124 km/h in a 100 zone, so it's not about the money, more about principle.

I did get pulled over an hour after getting it for 130 in a 110 zone, but they let me go on that one. That was more 'cause they couldn't see my temporary tag through my blacked out windows.

I'm not really too worried about getting a ticket. I guess I look at like paying my dues for all the times I don't get caught.

Quick Reply: speeding