IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

IS F owners age...

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-09, 06:17 AM
BigMikeISF
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ToothDoc
Man I feel old. How many of you guys are actually paying for your car AND your own home? I'm 34, but I've got 3 kids, a business, a mortgage, student loans, and a stay-at-home wife that likes to shop. LOL
I don't pay for a home but definitely an apartment, don't plan on getting married anytime soon so no need for one

Originally Posted by s4play
Wow kids driving $60k cars is nice but no way you are paying for it yourself....be honest please....

Unless you are willing to have a $1k monthy payment or work your butt off just to support the car which is not too smart.

Let's see now, 21/22 puts you just out of college so either you are a full scholarship ride smart kid with no college debts or you are living at home and don't have a mortgage yet. Don't get me wrong it's great to have a nice car at 21! When I just got out of college I had a s4 and worked every summer and part time to save up for it.

And just curious but how many of you OWN the car with no lien or bank loan? Making payments for 84 months is not really ownership "yet"
I actually do. I was able to get a head start in life financially by starting my own business while in college. Now that my business has been sold, I am living well and taking my time getting another degree in something I really want to do.
Old 01-20-09, 06:43 AM
batdude
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default ....

i'm 38. i'll retire this year from active duty before I turn 39, this was my retirement present to myself.

d
Old 01-20-09, 06:54 AM
montgb
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
Nice to see all the kids here, it gives me hope for finding a 2UR-GSE in the junkyard soon. More young owners improves the odds.
Well, that's morbid. Strange sense of humor you've got there, Lobux.
Old 01-20-09, 07:04 AM
hwy1isf
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by batdude
i'm 38. i'll retire this year from active duty before I turn 39, this was my retirement present to myself.

d
Congrats, and thank you for your service to our country. I spent 4 years in VN, and have a son currently on active duty.

58, and paid cash.
Old 01-20-09, 07:20 AM
houstonT
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm 30 and also have a mortgage, SAH wife, 2 kids (a 3rd on the way) and 3 cars (ISF, Supra, MDX)
Peter
Old 01-20-09, 07:26 AM
Just F Me
Lexus Champion

Received 22 Likes on 9 Posts

i have to admit to some of the comments above...yeah, my payments are pretty high...yeah i live with my parents still, but unfortunately my dad is a teacher and makes crap for what he does, so i fork out about $1500-2000 a month depending on how much they need, then i have to take care of my own expenses, about 5000 in student loans, and i haven't graduated yet.......with all this in mind, i have no problems with a big car payment because when I hear the IS F WOT, it's music to my ears and it reminds me why i work 55-65 hours a week....lol
Old 01-20-09, 07:28 AM
archie
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by s4play
Wow kids driving $60k cars is nice but no way you are paying for it yourself....be honest please....

Unless you are willing to have a $1k monthy payment or work your butt off just to support the car which is not too smart.

Let's see now, 21/22 puts you just out of college so either you are a full scholarship ride smart kid with no college debts or you are living at home and don't have a mortgage yet. Don't get me wrong it's great to have a nice car at 21! When I just got out of college I had a s4 and worked every summer and part time to save up for it.

And just curious but how many of you OWN the car with no lien or bank loan? Making payments for 84 months is not really ownership "yet"

i wouldnt consider myself a kid even though i know i am young. and just because we are young doesnt mean we dont have financial smarts. i lived at home for a long time worked my *** off and saved up a ton of money. when the home market took a crap i jumped in and got a house. even though i do not live at the house i bought, i rent it out for another source of small income. live with someone that is closer to my college. and as far as owning the car i chose not to pay for it outright. lexus offered .9 financing. so instead keep the money in the bank earning 5.5 return. i was told at a young age "worry about the pennies, the dollars will come"
Old 01-20-09, 10:18 AM
robbys3m3
Driver

I always find these types of threads in forums interesting b/c there's always younger folks who have nice stuff and others that get frustrated by it for a multitude of reasons (sometimes legit sometime not). You ought to see the threads that arise like this on the BMW forums...they get rather nasty. W/ all that said, I'm 28 and own my car outright (and yes I bought a house, property in Tulsa is cheap!). I work way too much so driving the 'F' is my favorite outlet!

Last edited by robbys3m3; 01-20-09 at 01:13 PM.
Old 01-20-09, 10:25 AM
cm09578
Lead Lap

I am 25, own a new home and have an F. I have a wife, no kids yet. I pay for all of it.
Old 01-20-09, 10:27 AM
ALarsh
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Good thread. I think most at a young age would buy such a car just to show off. I am 19, and believe it or not I have the cash in the bank to purchase a new IS-F. Not through mommy or daddy either, but after selling my business I started in high school. Did I? No.. I bought a 1997 ES300 with 45,000 miles instead for $9k, much smarter financially at a young age.

Now on to the next business and college...
Old 01-20-09, 10:29 AM
s4play
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by archie
i wouldnt consider myself a kid even though i know i am young. and just because we are young doesnt mean we dont have financial smarts. i lived at home for a long time worked my *** off and saved up a ton of money. when the home market took a crap i jumped in and got a house. even though i do not live at the house i bought, i rent it out for another source of small income. live with someone that is closer to my college. and as far as owning the car i chose not to pay for it outright. lexus offered .9 financing. so instead keep the money in the bank earning 5.5 return. i was told at a young age "worry about the pennies, the dollars will come"
I surely didn't mean to offend anyone and you definitely have your act together. Rental property is awesome and you seem to know what you are doing. I'm still bummed I missed out on the 0.9% financing too!

I think young kids who have nice cars are great - I wish I had one back then but we all have a different path to travel in life.

Just that when you live in CALI where a small condo can cost you $500k and if you are only 21 or younger, financially there is no way you can own all these things without parents help. Nothing wrong with having parents assistance either
Old 01-20-09, 10:39 AM
ISF FAN
Pole Position

47 and nothing but praise for successful people, young or young+.
Old 01-20-09, 10:42 AM
50ISF50
Rookie

Originally Posted by ToothDoc
Man I feel old. How many of you guys are actually paying for your car AND your own home? I'm 34, but I've got 3 kids, a business, a mortgage, student loans, and a stay-at-home wife that likes to shop. LOL
Haha! I'm 38, got a kid, a CALIFORNIA mortgage and a stat-at-home wife that LOVES to shop!
Old 01-20-09, 10:54 AM
BigMikeISF
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm glad to see a lot of respect for us younger guys on this board It's also very appreciated that we don't get judged based on our age on here We might be young but that certainly doesn't mean we don't know a thing or two
Old 01-20-09, 11:58 AM
maxppl3
Driver School Candidate

believe it or not...
i am 20..
going to be 21 this coming march...hehe

and before i bought my is-f...
i had some insurance quoted me...
they gave me...$6000 for ONE year...since i had 4 speeding tickets in last years with my is 250...........
yea crazy right..?

i know i am young driving a 60000USD car....but all my other friends from UCI around the age of mine drive m3 c63 and stuff....

something very interesting here...
My dad, who lives in hongkong...
told me that a GTR in HK is around 1000000HKD, which is around 128000USD,
but a lexus ISF costs 1300000HKD, which is around 166600 USD...
So by comparison.....I drive a 60000USD car is not unreasonable.....

Last edited by maxppl3; 01-20-09 at 12:18 PM.

Quick Reply: IS F owners age...