IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Driver-side lean like he ISx50?

Old 12-25-08, 06:49 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

^ Yea but I did measure my IS350 after I put the OEM springs back on the car to get the GS and it sat level according to everything I did to measure to show it wasnt??? So IMO if your car measures level then mine did also but leaned and had the issue on the left side also?? IMO if you car is dead lever then you are fortunate as a Lexus owner and I dont think its due to the cost of your car. That tells me that Lexus QC is an issue on some pretty expensive cars to many people! Seems to me that the QC is the same in the GS as it was in my IS. Same few things that could use some attention IMO. IMO they have gone down in quality in all of the models, not that they are not nice cars, I just have been in these cars for years now since my buddy owns 2 Lexus dealers here local to me. These are my first 2 Lexus cars that I have purchased and I expected more from a quality standpoint. I do enjoy the GS more then the IS as much as I didnt think I would care for the car. Would have rather purchased the F IMO also to have some fun but the backseat was a killer for me with a new born, one in the oven, and a older son. I would like to see an ISF on springs just for comparison to see what it does. I also think the F cars we saw at all these events are more of a prototype vehicle and I would toss out comparing these to the cars that are everyday drivers. I would compare local members cars to some locals here that have the F line up to see what the measurements truly are.

Has anyone done just springs on the ISF yet?
Old 12-25-08, 08:36 AM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,813 Likes on 1,280 Posts

Hmm, I never gave this much thought before. I just measured all three of our vehicles. My wife's ES and my F all have a driver's side lean of approximately 1/8". My GMC Sierra has a lean of close to 1/2". Guess this is not isolated to Lexus.

BTW, MERRY CHRISTMAS everyone

Lou
Old 12-25-08, 10:04 AM
BigMikeISF
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Passnu2, a few people are running just springs. One I can remember off the top of my head is a buddy named DFLORES on here, let me see if he can chime in
Old 12-25-08, 02:52 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,836 Likes on 2,325 Posts

My car measures less than 2mm lower on the driver's side front and 3mm lower on the driver's side rear bone stock - this is easily within tolerance for my ability to measure these heights accurately. If I were to install springs, it would do no worse as long as the springs are equal length from side to side. The key to installing anything that alters ride height is to ensure the bushings are at neutral for the new ride height. Failing to do this will cause additional preload which may alter final height. Shocks with uneven gas charges could also cause a small difference in height to be amplified as the car gets lower.
Old 12-25-08, 09:34 PM
LEXUSF
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i have done the eibach springs and before and after the gap is equal and when i had my ls460 i believe it was the same as well! hope this helps! does it really matter that much? i would imagine if it was a big deal they would fix it? i did the springs and not coilovers because i want the tein total control! i rather wait and redo but i do love mine now! once they set they actually handle great and its like driving a stock car for nascar! no more body roll! just a little but a little is actually good!

Last edited by LEXUSF; 12-26-08 at 10:18 PM.
Old 12-26-08, 08:01 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

I had the elan only with aftermarket springs. With the full coilover I never got the lean on my GS.