IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-08, 10:05 PM
lx470man
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default exhaust

does anyone know if the greddy titanium cat back will be produced?
Old 12-14-08, 10:36 PM
8speed
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by lx470man
does anyone know if the greddy titanium cat back will be produced?
Never

0-60 Sema car was a "one off"

Tanabe is R&D an exhaust but everyone in here put the kibosh on that with hatred and discontent towards Tanabe so I doubt that mess will ever come to fruition
Old 12-15-08, 07:37 AM
BigMikeISF
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

I haven't heard anything. You could always shoot them an email and see what they say
Old 12-15-08, 09:06 AM
timeToy
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by 8speed
Tanabe is R&D an exhaust but everyone in here put the kibosh on that with hatred and discontent towards Tanabe so I doubt that mess will ever come to fruition
Not quite true, Tanabe was teasing us for months and months about the "R&D been completed", with some censored pics, with saying that the exhaust will be unveiled "tomorrow" and final straw, few weeks ago asking for a IS-F for R&D !

So, yes, people are skeptics...
Old 12-15-08, 09:17 AM
ExclusivIS
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by timeToy
Not quite true, Tanabe was teasing us for months and months about the "R&D been completed", with some censored pics, with saying that the exhaust will be unveiled "tomorrow" and final straw, few weeks ago asking for a IS-F for R&D !

So, yes, people are skeptics...
Yeah, and I am one of them. And Even IF Tanabe was to drop an exhaust for the F, am I the only one that feels it wouldn't "fit" the personality of this car? Don't get me wrong it is a good looking exhaust, and offers that refined luxury note for the ISX50's...BUT I think our V8's need something a little bit more "umphy" then that. Borla, Corsa, RPI, and even HKS are companies I can picture running on this car.

But who knows...maybe Tanabe is out to surprise the F crowd...but I doubt it.
Old 12-15-08, 09:24 AM
lx470man
Lead Lap

damn, the greddy sounded awesome, thats was something i was looking for. for some reason i dont like tanbae
Old 12-15-08, 09:27 AM
LEXUSF
Racer

maybe tubi will make an exhaust! lol

i actually like the sound of the joe z exhaust!
Old 12-15-08, 10:00 AM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,815 Likes on 1,281 Posts

Fabricate your own, like I did. I luv it

It seems like the Joe Z and the SRT are the only systems available right now. The Joe Z actually looks pretty good, though I would stay away from the SRT.

Why are you guys staying away from the Joe Z?

Lou
Attached Thumbnails exhaust-exhaust6s.jpg  
Old 12-15-08, 01:49 PM
phantax
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think most are just waiting for more stuff to weigh out their options.

The Joe Z looks nice but I would rather have something that replaces the factory tips. Personally I am waiting to see if Borla ever produces anything before making a decision.

Tanabe could come out with the best exhaust ever, but I will not purchase it simply due to the antics they have pulled here.

The GReddy was really the only thing I have been enthusiastic about so far, but apparently it isn't going to be released, so I wait.
Old 12-15-08, 01:56 PM
8speed
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by ExclusivIS
Yeah, and I am one of them. And Even IF Tanabe was to drop an exhaust for the F, am I the only one that feels it wouldn't "fit" the personality of this car? Don't get me wrong it is a good looking exhaust, and offers that refined luxury note for the ISX50's...BUT I think our V8's need something a little bit more "umphy" then that. Borla, Corsa, RPI, and even HKS are companies I can picture running on this car.

But who knows...maybe Tanabe is out to surprise the F crowd...but I doubt it.
Originally Posted by DFLORES
maybe tubi will make an exhaust! lol

i actually like the sound of the joe z exhaust!

Word x2 on this. Tubi is the shiznit and if it's good enough for the boys from
Maranello Italy, it's good enough for our F

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVpSqgnVUZ4
Old 12-15-08, 02:12 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,058 Likes on 586 Posts
Talking

To date the Greddy is a one off concept for the 0-60 SEMA IS-F

Originally Posted by lowrideraz
Fabricate your own, like I did. I luv it

The Joe Z actually looks pretty good...

Why are you guys staying away from the Joe Z?

Lou
Lou

Good job on your DIY project..

Thank you for the kind words. !

I wouldn't really say anyone has stayed away... It was more like they were not available till just last week..

We had a few units off the first production run ship last week and this past Saturday we installed a production unit on CrazyMPG's IS-F.

We left the OEM Tips / Collectors untouched for many reasons..
For starters, our exhaust will have "Sleeper Look" when you look at just the tips.. But when you duck under the rear bumper its a whole different story.
Plus, they are specific to the IS-F and must function just as designed by the Japanese Lexus Engineers.

We took many pics of the install and should hopefully have them up sometime today.
Stay Tuned for that thread..

Thanks
Joe Z

Last edited by Joe Z; 12-15-08 at 02:33 PM.
Old 12-15-08, 02:21 PM
8speed
Lexus Test Driver

Hey Joe, I'm curious as to why you decided not to fabricate exhaust tips to replace the oem stackers? Was it financial reasons, lack of R&D, desire to leave well enough alone If the reaction to the greddy exhaust by most owners in here is any indication, many would prefer a more custom looking setup.

I look forward to your reply
Old 12-15-08, 03:01 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,058 Likes on 586 Posts
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by 8speed
Hey Joe, I'm curious as to why you decided not to fabricate exhaust tips to replace the oem stackers? Was it financial reasons, lack of R&D, desire to leave well enough alone If the reaction to the greddy exhaust by most owners in here is any indication, many would prefer a more custom looking setup.

I look forward to your reply

Welcome back...

Please read my quoted post again...

Originally Posted by Joe Z

We left the OEM Tips / Collectors untouched for many reasons..
For starters, our exhaust will have "Sleeper Look" when you look at just the tips.. But when you duck under the rear bumper its a whole different story.
Plus, they are specific to the IS-F and must function just as designed by the Japanese Lexus Engineers.
Now TO add to this, when you remove the OEM Exhaust Tips / Collectors, you are left with a HUGE odd shaped hole to fill.

Many factors were taken into changing the unique Tips. But when all was said and done, our R&D concluded that leaving the OEM Tips / Collectors in place was the better choice..

This is what the inside of the Functional Collector looks like. This whole piece is permanently attached to the Dual Stacked Tips and Grill on the opposite side of the bumper. The entire assembly is held in place with 4 bolts.

Thank You
Joe Z

Last edited by Joe Z; 12-15-08 at 03:07 PM.
Old 12-15-08, 03:10 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,815 Likes on 1,281 Posts

Hey Joe

I guess we think alike. When I looked at the hole that would be left if I replaced the tips, and saw how they were attached, I concluded the same as you did. Leave 'em alone. They don't look bad, and the F is a unique automobile so you don't see 'em around everywhere. And, as you said, the sleeper look.
BTW, Thanks for supporting the community. I have only had my F for nine days now, but, my gosh, what an awesome car. When I first looked under and saw the stock exhaust, two onto one into one into two, I just knew I hadda replace it.

Also, as far as the tips go. If someone really wanted to change tips, there's a myriad of different styles of tips that could, I'm sure, be made to fit your exhaust.

Lou

Last edited by flowrider; 12-15-08 at 03:23 PM.
Old 12-15-08, 03:33 PM
CrazyMPG
Phat Monkey

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

haha...why can't we just changed the stacked exhaust tips with a different style tip? lol

Quick Reply: exhaust