IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Damages on my F

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-08, 03:08 PM
01_TraN
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Damages on my F

Ok, so I came home from work. Nice beautiful sunny day, decided to give my car a wash. Then BAM! I saw a freaken door ding on my rear right door. It must have been old clumsy patients I have going to my pharmacy. I could have not been any more angry. Anywho, have anybody here on the forum experience the same thing? I would really love to get rid of this ding if possible. Anybody have similar damages and got them fixed? Thanks,

I hope you guys notice what I am talking about in the picture..
Old 11-09-08, 03:16 PM
8speed
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Get the Auto Sharp Pen from Lexus. It's like $12.00

Direct contact is 877-701-7780 and your car's color code is on the driver side door
Old 11-09-08, 04:02 PM
foup
Driver

If that's a "perfect ding", not a scratch, the clear coat is still there (as well as the paint), then those "dent fixer guys" can repair it. If it's on a door it is usually easier to repair otherwise some interior trim might have to be removed. I saw a guy doing it last August (with a propane torch and a long metallic tool) and he got rid of a few dings on a Prius in a few minutes, like if it had never existed. Basically he just warmed the metal a bit and work it with tool, the metal will retrieve its original shape. Doesn't work very well on aluminum and, obviously, does not work at all on carbon fiber or fiber glass.

If you are in CA San Jose I can give you a reference.
Old 11-09-08, 04:08 PM
primecut
Lexus Test Driver

Doh. You should be able to get a paintless dent remover guy and pop it out. No more parking next to other cars!
Old 11-09-08, 04:46 PM
One HoT
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Pdr ftw...
Old 11-09-08, 04:54 PM
CDNROCKIES
Lexus Champion

That pic almost brought a tear to my eye

Hope you can get it cleared up rather painlessly
Old 11-09-08, 05:01 PM
Civic Si-r
Lead Lap

Absolutely no respect for other peoples property. Just goes to show the careless mindset that is out there. I remember the first ding on my car and I was fuming!!! Wish I could have caught the bastards.

Like other members of the foorum have said, may be able to push the ding out, good luck.
Old 11-09-08, 05:03 PM
ISFfan
Pole Position

I used paintless dent removal on my Mustang, and i can tell you that they do an amazing job for a fraction of the cost of going to a body shop. I'd call them and have them advise whether they think they would be able to fix it without a body shop
Old 11-09-08, 05:07 PM
montgb
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

That dent should be easy for any experienced body shop to remove. That sucks that it happened, though, especially with your car so nice & reflective!
Old 11-09-08, 05:38 PM
mm767cap
Driver

Originally Posted by 01_TraN
Ok, so I came home from work. Nice beautiful sunny day, decided to give my car a wash. Then BAM! I saw a freaken door ding on my rear right door. It must have been old clumsy patients I have going to my pharmacy. I could have not been any more angry. Anywho, have anybody here on the forum experience the same thing? I would really love to get rid of this ding if possible. Anybody have similar damages and got them fixed? Thanks,

I hope you guys notice what I am talking about in the picture..
If it makes you feel any better... I got keyed the first day I owned my car. A week later, the maintenance guy in my building dropped a pipe on my front right fender. I happened to hear it in the garage, and when I noticed the damage later that day, he confessed to hitting my car. $1000 and a week later at the body shop, I picked up my car only to see that it has now been curbed. Oh.... just to top it off, a rock flew up and cracked my windshield the day before I took it in to the body shop.
Old 11-09-08, 05:40 PM
mm767cap
Driver

Originally Posted by 8speed
Get the Auto Sharp Pen from Lexus. It's like $12.00

Direct contact is 877-701-7780 and your car's color code is on the driver side door
Have you used this before? My car got keyed and there is a big long scratch, part of it through the clear coat. I'm wondering if this is a decent option for a mid term fix. Eventually I'll actually get it repainted, but not any time soon.
Old 11-09-08, 06:01 PM
8speed
Lexus Test Driver

I think so....I have a couple fairly deep rock chips on the front and hood and they filled in nicely. I have stated before that I don't like the 3m and clear coating stuff and that after 4-5 years you can just get the front bumper re-sprayed and you will have a brand new car.

1. Shake the heck out of the pen for 5 minutes
2. Dab the holds or scratches
3. Wipe away the excess
Old 11-09-08, 07:46 PM
BigMikeISF
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

I can see its a nice ding but does it have a scratch in it? I would recommend getting a paintless dent removal person to come out and take care of it. Typically dealerships have someone they recommend, you might want to check yours. I have used PDR people before and afterwards it looks like new

If it does have a scratch, I'd have the PDR guy get rid of the dent then get a touch up pen in your color code from Lexus to finish up the scratch
Old 11-09-08, 09:00 PM
ngl1145
Lexus Test Driver

That is one of my worst nightmares. I'm always fearing that's going to happen when I come back to my car. I do park in a secluded area (of course within sight). Miles, I didn't know someone keyed your car the first day. Sorry to hear that. There are some real jealous people out there. Did you try applying wax or buffing it out? Good luck guys.
Old 11-09-08, 11:07 PM
chikken
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by mm767cap
Have you used this before? My car got keyed and there is a big long scratch, part of it through the clear coat. I'm wondering if this is a decent option for a mid term fix. Eventually I'll actually get it repainted, but not any time soon.
i've used it before and it works like touch up paint....not noticeable at a distance, but up close you can tell....i got pics if you want to see it.

Quick Reply: Damages on my F