pandy_88
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

nice drop but hows the ride?
Old 10-23-08, 02:16 PM
FinanceGuy
Driver

So I called autoanything.com to check the status of my springs (which were scheduled to arrive today) and I was told that they were being shipped out today from Eibach. I informed the customer service rep that I ordered them on Thursday and I requested 2nd day shipping in order to get them. So I was told that they would go out on Tuesday and arrive by Thursday. The gal on the phone told me that she would get my 2nd day shipping charge refunded to me, so it looks like I have to hold out until I get the springs next week. I'll keep you all posted...
Old 11-05-08, 11:03 PM
chrisburke
Lead Lap

did you get them yet??

i am looking to get them .
Old 11-06-08, 07:08 AM
FinanceGuy
Driver

Sorry for the delay in posting. I did get the springs installed this past Saturday. I haven't gotten around to posting any pictures, but I can say that the springs do make the car look better. The fender gap is gone in the rear and there is about 1/4 of an inch left in the front. I hope this goes away after the springs have settled more. I don't know if it's in my head, but the car does seem to corner a bit better as well. The ride quality has suffered a bit, but it's not as bad as when I lowered my IS350 on Eibachs previously. Overall, I am VERY happy with the results. I'll try my best to get pics up...
Old 11-06-08, 08:39 AM
chrisburke
Lead Lap

Please elaborate more on your definition of ride quality. Is it more bumpy, stiffer. or Sloppy. I feel that the shocks are of high quality so with a stiff spring rate which I feel Eibach has the ride should be more jarring but in the end great handling and lower stance. Does anyone know the spring rate on the eibachs.?/
Old 11-06-08, 09:28 AM
FinanceGuy
Driver

If you're looking for comfort, I don't recommend these springs. The technicians told me that the spring rate is significantly less than that of the IS350 to begin with. Dropping it another .7" seems to eliminate any traces of my F driving anything like a typical Lexus. Stance looks GREAT and the handling feels more "BMWish" than before. Camber looks to be okay too unlike dropping the IS350.
Old 11-06-08, 10:53 AM
houstonT
Lead Lap

Get some big pics up asap.
Peter
Old 11-06-08, 11:18 AM
primecut
Lexus Test Driver

Thanks for the feedback! I was considering these springs, but I wouldn't want to compromise the ride quality for a slight gap. I think the ride is perfect right now, and I'd hate to lose the Lexus feel and turn this into a sports car.
Old 11-06-08, 01:44 PM
avgj0F
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Definitely will feel more bumps w/ .7" drop than OE, especially with LA freeways. Harshness / Stiffness / Bumpiness are varied, depending on who you talking to.

Originally Posted by primecut
Thanks for the feedback! I was considering these springs, but I wouldn't want to compromise the ride quality for a slight gap. I think the ride is perfect right now, and I'd hate to lose the Lexus feel and turn this into a sports car.
Old 11-06-08, 02:47 PM
isbeater
Driver

Does anyone know what the stock spring rates of the F springs are and what the spring rates of the prokits are?
Old 11-06-08, 06:10 PM
LEXUSF
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i lowered mine last month with eibach. i love them.
Old 11-06-08, 08:11 PM
chrisburke
Lead Lap

damn whats it gonna take to get some pics.. and does it still have that stiff ride. I want the stiffness just dont want it to be soft. i know the shocks can hold up with a stiff spring rate.
Old 11-08-08, 10:16 AM
LEXUSF
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i will do that tonight and post them asap.
Old 11-10-08, 05:10 PM
makena88
Pole Position

Default Eibach installed but you can barely tell

I hope TEIN will come out with coilovers soon. Given that I just drove 3 miles from the shop to my house it doesn't look any lower then it was in stock form.

The ride itself is MUCH better though so I think there is mixed reviews on this. I presume in a few days the springs will settle and I'll take more pictures. But these springs will be up for sale once more options are available.

Enjoy the pictures, sorry it was sundown so this is the best I can do. Yes my car is very dirty and the wheels are even worse, the picture show like they are curbed but they are not, it's just the brake dust being pushed around.

Last edited by makena88; 11-10-08 at 05:35 PM.
Old 11-10-08, 07:21 PM
BigMikeISF
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Hmm it looks lower in the rear but not a lot lower in the front, interesting

Quick Reply: Eibach Pro Kit for IS-F