IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

need help convincing my friend to get IS-F

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-08, 09:24 AM
benjdow
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need help convincing my friend to get IS-F

I'm trying to talk my friend into getting an IS-F. He's 45 and owns his own business that does really well, he can definitely afford the car and is the market for a new car. I showed him pictures of the IS-F on the internet and he really liked it and was thinking about seriously getting one, but he has yet to see it in person. Last night he told me it may not be the car for him because of his age (thinks it may be too "young" for him) and the fact that he is constantly driving to and from Houston, Dallas, Austin, and San Antonio for his business. He definitely doesn't act or look 45 and pulls good looking women that are in their 20's so I said don't worry about the age thing, but I didn't know what to say about all the driving other than it's a Lexus and they're reliable. Would the IS-F be suitable for that kind of driving? What are some convincing things I can tell him to sway his decision? I really need to get him behind the wheel of one.

I'll be moving in with him in a few months. I think an IS350 and an IS-F will look great in the garage together.
Old 09-26-08, 11:42 AM
Damage
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by benjdow
I'm trying to talk my friend into getting an IS-F. He's 45 and owns his own business that does really well, he can definitely afford the car and is the market for a new car. I showed him pictures of the IS-F on the internet and he really liked it and was thinking about seriously getting one, but he has yet to see it in person. Last night he told me it may not be the car for him because of his age (thinks it may be too "young" for him) and the fact that he is constantly driving to and from Houston, Dallas, Austin, and San Antonio for his business. He definitely doesn't act or look 45 and pulls good looking women that are in their 20's so I said don't worry about the age thing, but I didn't know what to say about all the driving other than it's a Lexus and they're reliable. Would the IS-F be suitable for that kind of driving? What are some convincing things I can tell him to sway his decision? I really need to get him behind the wheel of one.

I'll be moving in with him in a few months. I think an IS350 and an IS-F will look great in the garage together.

It's his money. He can spend in whatever way he wants.....

But...in regards to the car being too young for him, remind him it's a $60k car. Not too many young people can afford a $60k car.
Old 09-26-08, 01:21 PM
sclx
Rookie

I'm 47, and I drive mine every day about 45 miles each way to work. The nice thing is that I can drive it hard and know it will not break. If I want to just cruise, it will do that as well. This is either my 8th or 9th Lexus, I lost count, so I have been sold since the 1989 LS400 I purchased.

You have to see it in person and drive it. I personally think it looks a lot better in person than in pictures. As well, you have to use your own foot into the gas pedal to realize the power and the growl from the engine that everyone talks about.

Desi
Old 09-26-08, 01:28 PM
VelvetBlue
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm 48 and drive the snot out of mine. 9K miles since March. I drove 10 hours straight from Vegas to the Bay Area and my wife said the car was very comfortable.

This is the 18th Lexus I've owned and the first one I plan on keeping for a while.
Old 09-26-08, 01:49 PM
ub2slow2
Driver

43 and I never gave the age thing a thought. What does that have to do with anything? I'll drive this for another year then I'm going back into the ZR-1 Vette I do believe. Unless of course Lexus comes out with something just as fast.
Old 09-26-08, 01:52 PM
FPR1939
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm 69 and drive mine every day to work. I am a consultant so I can afford my F and my wife's new E93 335i. I now have almost 12k miles on mine. I got it March 1. Love it. I have averaged almost 21 mpg for the first 12k miles. Love to hear the intake when the revs exceed 3600.
Old 09-26-08, 02:35 PM
ub2slow2
Driver

now you should be in a Buick lol..... J/K
Old 09-26-08, 02:41 PM
BigMikeISF
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

I live in Texas as well and I am constantly driving between Dallas, Austin and Houston. I personally love the F on the open roads of I35, I45, 290, etc. The car is so smooth on the open roads its crazy. I love how I can be in the slow lane, step on the peddle and fly past two semi's in a matter of seconds. I've owned various other cars and nothing compares to the F when it comes to driving excitement. He will love playing with the car on the freeways

Don't worry about the age thing, I'm young and women love the car more then me I would recommend taking him to a Lexus dealership and having him sit in one and see if they have one for him to drive. I can say that if he does this, he'll probably put money down on the spot. Its an awesome car, let us know how it goes
Old 09-26-08, 06:30 PM
benjdow
Driver School Candidate

Well it seems like 40's is probably the average age for this car. I think once he gets behind the wheel he will likely change his mind.

BigmikeISF,

You say women love your car, but do they mistake it for an IS250/350
Old 09-26-08, 06:49 PM
Dave600hL
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by benjdow
Well it seems like 40's is probably the average age for this car. I think once he gets behind the wheel he will likely change his mind.

BigmikeISF,

You say women love your car, but do they mistake it for an IS250/350
Of corse they will, unless they are into cars. That is why I am getting the IS-F b/c it looks so similar to the other IS's, I did not want a car that stood out.
Old 09-26-08, 09:16 PM
btwanky
Lead Lap

I'm 20.. but age shouldn't matter when buying a car... Ferrari's and Lambo's are faster then this car.. yet look who buys them... 50, 60 year old's.. its overall just a very comfortable car to drive.. and functional... yes.. its faster then prob 95%+ cars on the road.. but at the end of the day.. you can fit 4 people comfortably, pack the groceries and golf clubs, all in 1 trip... (I'd like to see that in a Ferrari or Lambo...)
Old 09-27-08, 12:33 AM
hihi410
Lead Lap

Age doesn't really matter on what car you drive.

it's really about taste and type of style he likes. Some may prefer bigger sedans over sporty cars.

I would say that if he has never driven a lexus, he will have to see it and feel it in person. It's really a car with performance mix with extreme comfort and luxury.

IS-F is a good car for all ages IMO. It's got the sporty look and a very luxurious interior.
Old 09-27-08, 09:44 AM
BigMikeISF
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Actually I've had quite a few women talk to me about the F and they actually know what it is in detail. A lot of them are IS drivers and heard or saw about the F through commercials and other advertisements and have never seen one in person so they roll down their windows or come up to me when I'm getting in it to ask about the car and how it performs and how much different it is from the other IS's.

I've actually had a few instances where the wife knew more about the F then the husband did, they must of been real car buffs
Old 09-27-08, 08:00 PM
TherealFIG
Driver

Have him drive it. If they sniff each others butts and they like each other... it will end up in his garage. Lexus DNA comes pretty easy to some of us that appreciate the toyota model for manufacturing. For others, they will just never get there.

Fig
Old 09-27-08, 08:41 PM
foup
Driver

Originally Posted by TherealFIG
Have him drive it. If they sniff each others butts and they like each other... it will end up in his garage. Lexus DNA comes pretty easy to some of us that appreciate the toyota model for manufacturing. For others, they will just never get there.

Fig
Since you are making suspension parts please let me know if someone comes with an adjustable suspension kit for the ISF, thanks.

Quick Reply: need help convincing my friend to get IS-F