Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wheel spacers on the IS-F

anyone know of a good place?? online??
Old 09-16-08, 04:53 PM
BigMikeISF
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

What size were you thinking about? I'm thinking about putting some on my F and curious as to the size you were looking for
Old 09-16-08, 05:58 PM
btwanky
Lead Lap

hmm.. i have no idea? maybe 20 mm? do you think that would be good?
Old 09-16-08, 06:46 PM
tastemydus
Driver

Smile I am asking service guy right now what size for IS-F

I just sent an email asking what size wheel spacer will make wheel flush with fender. I looked online and found one website that had lots of choices: http://www.performancealloys.com/all...el_spacers.asp If you ask them to add your car to their site they will. Then you can see your car with all of their different parts/products added to it. I sent an email to them last night asking to add IS-F. I think it takes a few days to add. Once the service guy down at lexus tells me the best size of wheel spacer to use for IS-F I will post on here. The website shows how to measure to determine what size wheel spacer to use, but im to lazy. If any of you figure it out first please add.

Last edited by tastemydus; 09-16-08 at 06:49 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 09-16-08, 07:16 PM
btwanky
Lead Lap

yah forsure.. let me know
Old 09-16-08, 07:48 PM
ExclusivIS
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think member "CHIKKEN" should def chime in on this thread....
Old 09-16-08, 09:00 PM
tastemydus
Driver

Cool I agree that he should chime in

But he might not want everyone to go out and get same mods as he has so he might give up info. I just think that he would have told us already if he wanted us to know. Maybe.. maybe not.. who knows
Old 09-16-08, 09:16 PM
btwanky
Lead Lap

nah. i doubt he would.. i mean... the is-f is a rare enough car anyways
Old 09-16-08, 10:07 PM
chikken
Lead Lap

Thanks for the PM guys.......i can't believe I miss this thread.....
the spacers I got are H&R 15mm for the front and 20mm for the rear.

Heres a close up for the front and rear.....from this thread that I made a couple of months ago......

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...t=20mm+spacers

the 20mm spacers flush perfectly with the rear fenders. I was not able to put the 20mm in the front because the tires rub on the fender lining where the brake vents are located. So went with the 15 for the front.

rear

front
Old 09-16-08, 10:23 PM
primecut
Lexus Test Driver

Thanks for the info! This actually helps a lot even if I'm not planning to run spacers. It shows how much distance relative to the stock setup we need to fill the fenders. Now I have a good reference for aftermarket wheels.

Running spacers make the car look really good, but honestly from my research, it's just not the safest thing to do.
Old 09-16-08, 10:27 PM
tastemydus
Driver

Question Can you direct me to research that shows spacers aren't safe!

Originally Posted by primecut
Thanks for the info! This actually helps a lot even if I'm not planning to run spacers. It shows how much distance relative to the stock setup we need to fill the fenders. Now I have a good reference for aftermarket wheels.

Running spacers make the car look really good, but honestly from my research, it's just not the safest thing to do.
I would like to read what you have regarding the safety of spacers. I was planning on buying them, but if they aren't safe then I might back off.
Old 09-16-08, 10:30 PM
chikken
Lead Lap

I do notice a difference in weight and balancing, esp. on the hard turns......it seems like the rear tires grip more....and i do noticed that burning out is a bit harder to do.
Old 09-16-08, 10:52 PM
chikken
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by tastemydus
I just sent an email asking what size wheel spacer will make wheel flush with fender. I looked online and found one website that had lots of choices: http://www.performancealloys.com/all...el_spacers.asp If you ask them to add your car to their site they will. Then you can see your car with all of their different parts/products added to it. I sent an email to them last night asking to add IS-F. I think it takes a few days to add. Once the service guy down at lexus tells me the best size of wheel spacer to use for IS-F I will post on here. The website shows how to measure to determine what size wheel spacer to use, but im to lazy. If any of you figure it out first please add.
quoted from above link:

H&R TRAK+ wheel spacers move the wheel out from the hub, effectively widening the stance of the vehicle and lowering its roll centre. This simple modification increases lateral stability, which in turn provides improved handling, greater safety and of course, the sleek style you’ve been looking for. Depending on vehicle make and model they are available for most domestic and imported automobiles.

btw I do notice less brake dust on the wheels
Old 09-16-08, 11:10 PM
primecut
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by tastemydus
I would like to read what you have regarding the safety of spacers. I was planning on buying them, but if they aren't safe then I might back off.
Well, you can google wheel spacer safety...that's what I did and read some horror stories.

I'm not an expert on suspension, so someone with auto engineering knowledge should chime in. But just thinking about this logically, you are essentially changing the geometry and increasing the load on the suspension. So practically speaking, it's hard to justify that it can be a good thing. I have no doubt that the resulting wider stance will improve handling in the short run; but at what cost? Don't forget that we are driving a high performance car, so upsetting its balance has greater effects than if you were to do this on an econo box.
Old 09-16-08, 11:56 PM
chikken
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by primecut
Well, you can google wheel spacer safety...that's what I did and read some horror stories.

I'm not an expert on suspension, so someone with auto engineering knowledge should chime in. But just thinking about this logically, you are essentially changing the geometry and increasing the load on the suspension. So practically speaking, it's hard to justify that it can be a good thing. I have no doubt that the resulting wider stance will improve handling in the short run; but at what cost? Don't forget that we are driving a high performance car, so upsetting its balance has greater effects than if you were to do this on an econo box.
isn't it the same thing as getting wider rims???

btw if you do plan on getting spacers, I would advise you to retorque the lugs after 600miles or a couple months because they can get loose....well mines did.

Quick Reply: Wheel spacers on the IS-F