IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

CLear Bra install on my Isf *PICS*

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-08, 06:26 PM
gs2isf
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default CLear Bra install on my Isf *PICS*

Moto FX in Illinois did this install and they are offering a special price of $695 for this kit that includes front bumper,24'' hood,fender & mirrors.....they use 3m and Ventureshield films PM me for their info.Thnx to clubmember Passnu2 for the recommendation and Tim and Richard on the install.

Old 08-21-08, 06:34 PM
BigMikeISF
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Sweet pics! How does it look in the sun, is it fairly noticeable?
Old 08-22-08, 07:07 AM
houstonT
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I picked up my car with 11 miles and was at the shop to install clear bra at 17 miles...the best investment I've made...
Peter
Old 08-22-08, 07:17 AM
DRE1615
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by houstonT
I picked up my car with 11 miles and was at the shop to install clear bra at 17 miles...the best investment I've made...
Peter
Same here. I got the 24" up the hood too. Then a week later a stone hit right up near my windshield and scratched my hood. DAMN!! Good investment
Old 08-22-08, 07:23 AM
houstonT
Lead Lap

I went up 18" on the hood (I believe) and thank god, no chips to date around the bra... The one and only chip I could find on the car is on one of my fenders above one of my wheels...
Peter
Old 08-22-08, 09:47 AM
SC430inVA
Pit Crew

Received 57 Likes on 34 Posts
Default I am a big fan of the Clear Bra...

and have put them on my last 5 cars. One thing I noticed on your install is that it appears they used bulk material that was cut to fit on the car? Every install I have had done was computer cut on a plotter from a program design for each car. Does a program not exist for the F or do these people always do manual fit/trim? Just wondering. The important thing is you have the protection and you can now perform safe driving.
Old 08-22-08, 11:15 AM
houstonT
Lead Lap

Mine was pre-computer cut as well...
Peter
Old 08-22-08, 12:52 PM
Bulls23337
Intermediate

great deal! this is definitely a must have for so cal roads. the dealer charges $1500!
Old 08-22-08, 01:12 PM
gs2isf
Lead Lap

THIS KIT WAS PRE CUT TO ISF SPECS.....THE LONG SHEET ON THE TABLE HAS THE KIT PRECUT IN IT ALL THEY DID WAS REMOVE THE FILM FROM THE WHITE SHEET BUT EVERY SINGLE PIECE DOWN TO THE MIRRORS WAS COMPUTER CUT.
THE FINISHED PRODUCT LOOKS REALLY GOOD I HAD A CUSTOM CUT INSTALLED 1 DAY OFTER I GOT THE CAR AND WAS NOT HAPPY WITH THE LOOK SO I REMOVED THAT ONE AND HAD THIS NEW "PRE-CUT" KIT INSTALLED
I WILL POST SOME "AFTER" SHOTS OVER THE WEEKEND.
Old 08-22-08, 03:16 PM
CaThaFeR
speshul c

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

only half the hood or the whole thing?
Old 08-22-08, 03:30 PM
foup
Driver

I had a clear bra installed on my white ISF as well, supposedly from computer generated cuts, but they are going to redo the bumper. Apparently doing the bumper correctly is challenging due to the sharp angles. Otherwise it's totally invisible a few feet away and barely visible closer. I believe I noticed, though, that if you wear polarized sun glasses, you may see random areas of shade, an optical effect (like sometimes when looking at LCD displays at the cashier in a store you see nothing at all with such glasses)

Additionally, the material is much less forgiving than the stock paint/coat when removing bird poops. Even a wet towel will scratch the bra unless it's soaking wet. You have to first wet the poop with spray (like car window cleaner) and then remove it with a towel very gently.
Old 08-22-08, 10:47 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Glad it worked out

These guys do great work! Tim & Rich have been installing on my cars personally for the past 10 years or so and not once have I had an issue. They do a great job, the file they use is great (venturshield), and the cost is great as they do it for wholesale (what they charge the dealer) direct to you! Anyone looking to get this done in IL hit them up They do the dealers in Westmont and in Chicago so some of you may have run into them already!

Mike
Old 08-23-08, 04:43 PM
padfunder
Driver School Candidate

Default Use a wax with Polymers

Originally Posted by foup

Additionally, the material is much less forgiving than the stock paint/coat when removing bird poops. Even a wet towel will scratch the bra unless it's soaking wet. You have to first wet the poop with spray (like car window cleaner) and then remove it with a towel very gently.
Hey FOUP...if you wax it with a wax that has synthetic polymers (I happen to use Meguiars NXT TECH wax) then you can just wipe with a damp towel and no scratches!

My installer told me NOT to use just any wax because of the film on the car and you also have to watch out that the wax doesn't get under the film where the film ends and your paint starts, but so far with NXT you just wipe it off soon after you put it on and no probs whatsoever...plus no yellow (grrr) dust after waxing-just beautiful shine!!!
Old 08-23-08, 09:58 PM
ISFTwins
Driver

The NXT Tech wax is definitely one of the best/easiest to use on and around the 3M material...
Old 08-25-08, 12:18 PM
gs2isf
Lead Lap

Default some after shots...

look closely
Attached Thumbnails CLear Bra install on my Isf *PICS*-b.jpg  

Quick Reply: CLear Bra install on my Isf *PICS*