IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Used IS-F's

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-08, 12:58 PM
pbm317
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Used IS-F's

I've always kept an eye on used cars, and I've been seeing more and more IS-F's come onto the market, under 10K miles. Lots of the listings are posted around $53-55K, that's obviously asking price, and could likely be negotiated down. Some are also Lexus certified!

Of course you never know how a car was driven, etc. But it could be an good option for some people in the market.
Old 07-24-08, 01:36 PM
Bulls23337
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yeah if i could find a used blue/alpine i might be happy.
Old 07-24-08, 03:45 PM
bmoney12
Rookie

I sold mine for 52K with 1200 miles.
Old 07-24-08, 04:28 PM
flossn
Lead Lap

As someone who really can't afford a new is-f (well unless I wanna cut back investments which isn't going to happen... some things are more important than a flashy car) I'm watching the used market too and you can find some 10k off new price already. I wouldn't worry how it's driven, most likely it's not very many miles and hey, it's not a bimmer!

Any of you guys ran the edmunds true-cost-to-own on this car? (btw it's about $81.6k over 5 years) I'm using the depreciation figures to estimate when I can jump into one. I guess i'm just impatiently waiting on time at this point ;-)

I sold my 03 M3 'cause I was sick of the problems and while waiting for prices on the F to come down, I actually bought a new yaris. 40mpg regular gas FTW!!

Do you guys think the edmunds estimates are accurate? I wonder if they account for toyota/lexus cars holding value better than most cars.

My only other question would be how well does alpine interior hold up over time!?!

Last edited by flossn; 07-24-08 at 04:42 PM.
Old 07-24-08, 06:46 PM
ISFfan
Pole Position

Originally Posted by flossn
As someone who really can't afford a new is-f (well unless I wanna cut back investments which isn't going to happen... some things are more important than a flashy car) I'm watching the used market too and you can find some 10k off new price already. I wouldn't worry how it's driven, most likely it's not very many miles and hey, it's not a bimmer!

Any of you guys ran the edmunds true-cost-to-own on this car? (btw it's about $81.6k over 5 years) I'm using the depreciation figures to estimate when I can jump into one. I guess i'm just impatiently waiting on time at this point ;-)

I sold my 03 M3 'cause I was sick of the problems and while waiting for prices on the F to come down, I actually bought a new yaris. 40mpg regular gas FTW!!

Do you guys think the edmunds estimates are accurate? I wonder if they account for toyota/lexus cars holding value better than most cars.

My only other question would be how well does alpine interior hold up over time!?!
I have an Ultrasonic with the Alpine white/black interior, and i can tell you that it actually holds up really well! I occasionally clean/polish it with Meguiar's Gold Class leather cleaner/conditioner, but other than that it is easy to maintain. Ive had my car since the first week the IS-F's were released and my seats are still in near perfect, white condition.

Hope that helps!

-Nick
Old 07-25-08, 02:38 PM
LexFather

Hennessy lexus of Gwinnett had one for 57k....
Old 07-26-08, 04:02 AM
dgsvt
Driver

Originally Posted by Bulls23337
yeah if i could find a used blue/alpine i might be happy.
Lexus of CherryHill NJ has 3 demo's for sale and one of them just happens to be a blue/alpine color combo... I was very surprised to see that they had 3 used ISF's for sale.
Old 07-26-08, 04:40 AM
AlexusAnja

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Red face 3 Demo ????

Originally Posted by dgsvt
Lexus of CherryHill NJ has 3 demo's for sale and one of them just happens to be a blue/alpine color combo... I was very surprised to see that they had 3 used ISF's for sale.
Why would dealership allow for three "exclusive" vehicles to be used as DEMOS? It doesn't make sense... "oh, I can't test drive the red, I must test drive the blue to see how I would look in it..." come on... stupid.
Old 07-26-08, 08:48 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 531 Likes on 280 Posts

Originally Posted by AlexusAnja
Why would dealership allow for three "exclusive" vehicles to be used as DEMOS? It doesn't make sense... "oh, I can't test drive the red, I must test drive the blue to see how I would look in it..." come on... stupid.
They were probably demo models from the local Lexus region office. It's not uncommon for the region office to send one off/special cars to the local dealerships to sell.
Old 07-26-08, 08:56 AM
Katin2
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

there are 4 used IS F on auto trader , in the OC area , one going for 53K
Old 07-26-08, 03:41 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,838 Likes on 2,327 Posts

I wonder what will happen to the IS-Fs from the Lexus Driving Academy? Those should go for a great discount after the abuse they've seen.
Old 07-26-08, 03:43 PM
ExclusivIS
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
I wonder what will happen to the IS-Fs from the Lexus Driving Academy? Those should go for a great discount after the abuse they've seen.
I asked my dealer the same thing, but in reference to the ones down in Vegas that got driven on the track and he told me they get destroyed or something along those lines.
Old 07-26-08, 06:25 PM
AlexusAnja

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Test vehicles

Originally Posted by ExclusivIS
he told me they get destroyed or something along those lines.
Yeah, destroyed right at the tracks by the maniac drivers. I would never buy a "Tase of Lexus" or similiar event vehicles. It's probably second worse to rental vehicles.
Old 07-26-08, 10:20 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 531 Likes on 280 Posts

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
Most all of those cars were pre-production hand builts that are not for sale. They end up in one of many places. Some end up in the T-Ten program or for training purposes, SEMA project car, car show display or the crusher (the whole car and all the parts).
Old 07-27-08, 12:25 PM
SC430inVA
Pit Crew

Received 57 Likes on 34 Posts
Default Wish I had seen that

Originally Posted by bmoney12
I sold mine for 52K with 1200 miles.
that is a nice price, for the buyer.

Quick Reply: Used IS-F's