IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Only Owner Of Isf-500 On Guam

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-08, 11:41 PM
tastemydus
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Ok Maybe Not The Only Owner Of Isf-500 On Guam

I am new member to Club Lexus. Thank you for having me. I drive a 2008 ISF-500 on Guam where the fastest speed limit is 45mph. So far to my knowledge and research I am the only person on Guam to own an ISF-500. All of the other ISF's have been shipped off island. Thankfully there is a Drag Strip and a Race Track on island. I need somebody to recommend aftermarket parts, beause I am only getting 13.5 on the 1/4 mile. The only recomendation I have gotten so far is to use Nitro. I am open for any suggestions to get my time down to the 11's. If anyone has questions about the car you can email me anytime
Attached Images  

Last edited by tastemydus; 07-13-08 at 04:26 PM. Reason: CORRECTIONS
Old 07-10-08, 11:44 PM
llamaboiz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

actually 13.5 in the heat/humidity of Guam isn't too bad

btw: Half a day
Old 07-11-08, 12:48 AM
ChuH
Lexus Test Driver

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by tastemydus
I am new member to Club Lexus. Thank you for having me. I drive a 2008 ISF-500 on Guam where the fastest speed limit is 45mph. So far I am the only person on Guam to own an ISF. All of the other ones have been shipped off island. Thankfully there is a Drag Strip and a Race Track on island. I need somebody to recommend aftermarket parts, beause I am only getting 13.5 on the 1/4 mile. The only recomendation I have gotten so far is to use Nitro. I am open for any suggestions to get my time down to the 11's. If anyone has questions about the car you can email me anytime
Congrat on the IS-F purchase. I back out of purchasing the first IS-F sedan on Guam. I am waiting to see if the IS coupe will be available as IS-F coupe. Sorry to disappoint you but you are not the only one with a IS-F on Guam. There are 5 IS-F on Guam. Two silver, 1 Red, 1 Blue, and 1 Smokey Granite Mica. One black was ship to Hong Kong.

Chu...
Old 07-11-08, 01:02 AM
tastemydus
Driver

Default Rear View

Chu there were 6 or 7 ISF's shipped to Guam. Two blue ones went to Japan, one black one went to Korea, Another black one that is sitting in the back parking lot is headed to PI, the Red one went to Australia and then you have mine located on Guam. Ask any of the Car dealers where the ISF's went and you will then have an idea of what you are talking about. And the funny part is I drive all over the island and have never seen one. Here is the number so you can check for yourself 671-649-6410. Ask for Willie Forbes.
Attached Images  

Last edited by tastemydus; 07-13-08 at 11:06 PM. Reason: wanted to add more content
Old 07-11-08, 01:42 AM
chikken
Lead Lap

guam's got a race track and hawaii doesn't?? thats sooo wrong....

you probably need to break the engine in before you can start going to the lower 13's or high 12's.....how much miles you got on the car?
Old 07-11-08, 02:47 AM
ChuH
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by tastemydus
Chu there were 6 or 7 ISF's shipped to Guam. Two blue ones went to Japan, one black one went to Korea, Another black one that is sitting in the back parking lot is headed to PI, the Red one went to Australia and then you have mine located on Guam. Ask any of the Car dealers where the ISF's went and you will then have an idea of what you are talking about. And the funny part is I drive all over the island and have never seen one. Here is the number so you can check for yourself 671-649-6410. Ask for Willie Forbes.

Tastemydus:

I am not here to do a pissing match with you nor do I need or care to contact Willie Forbes. All I said was your IS-F is not the only one. I do not keep track of all the buyers and if they ship it off island afterward. When did you purchase your IS-F? Is your silver IS-F with the polish/gunmetal wheels? If not then you are not the only one. The first batch were 1-silver, 1-blue, and 1-black (ship to a Hong Kong dealership by AK boss for display after only a couple of days on Guam) and all came with polish/gunmetal wheels. The second batch of IS-F (1-red and 1-don't remember the other color) came only with gunmetal wheels a couple of weeks afterward. The first silver IS-F was special ordered by me last year. When it arrived on Guam Dave Toves (Lexus Sales Manager - Willie's boss) told me that his boss did not want the first IS-F batch to be sold until after the Lexus event and that the next silver will not be here until 3 months later. Did you attend the Lexus event at the track? The first silver and blue were heavily used as demos. I test drove the first silver when it first landed on Guam and took home the blue over the weekend. The first silver was sold to a military guy and and blue was sold to a Japanese guy who works in the hotel district. Both were sold after the Lexus event as demos. I have seen both IS-F a couple of times on the road. Is the silver yours?

I have not been tracking how many more IS-F came and gone after the third batch (1-smokey granite and 1-other color). I was interested with the smokey granite but decided to hold off when I heard about the IS coupe and a possible IS-F coupe variant.

Have fun with your IS-F.

Chu...
Old 07-11-08, 10:19 AM
dbastidas0
Driver

its an IS-F not IS500
Old 07-13-08, 04:12 PM
tastemydus
Driver

Cool Looking for other ISF-500 owners on Guam

Chu

You are right I am not here for a pissing match either. I just did some research before replying to your message. I am the guy in the Navy that the first silver one was sold to and yes I was at the event held at the track. I went there specifically to watch my car to make sure that it wasn't driven like the blue one was. I stayed the entire time. In fact I was the last one to drive the blue one because after I was done there was no more tread left on the tires. I had already purchased the silver one prior to the event, but as you stated wasn't allowed to take it home until after the event at the track. There were some people off island that purchased the car before knowing the price. I wasn't one of those people, but I was the first to purchase the car once it arrived to Guam. Mine came with the polish/gunmetal wheels but when I saw it at the race track and I saw the all black wheels on the red car I told them to swap wheels. My car had 120 miles on it when I bought it for 55600.00 including the 5 year warranty on wheels and tires. Currently my car has 2700 miles on it. I regularly check with the Lexus sales personnel to see if anyone on Guam has purchased one and to this day I haven't heard them say yes. So far all of the cars have been shipped off island. Are you located on Guam? What kind of car do you have? Do you take it to the tracks on Friday? Are you a part of a car club? Was you car entered in HIN? If you want to know who the best Lexus mechanic is on Guam he works at Ak and his name is Zip. The Lexus he owns his is getting 12.4's.
Attached Images  

Last edited by tastemydus; 07-13-08 at 04:14 PM. Reason: made some corrections
Old 07-13-08, 04:40 PM
LexFather

Welcome to Clublexus!!
Old 07-13-08, 05:16 PM
tastemydus
Driver

Cool Mileage

I got 2700 on it right now. I have been told that it is Guam's weather that hinders my increase in speed.
Attached Images  

Last edited by tastemydus; 07-13-08 at 10:59 PM. Reason: ADD MORE
Old 07-13-08, 10:42 PM
btwanky
Lead Lap

wow, guam is actually much bigger then i thought.. cool stuff
Old 07-14-08, 01:27 AM
CrazyMPG
Phat Monkey

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by btwanky
wow, guam is actually much bigger then i thought.. cool stuff
heh it isn't that big...you can drive around the whole island in less than an hour...lol...plus most of the island is taken up by the miltary base...I accidently drove up to the base and had to turn around...lol...
Old 07-14-08, 01:40 AM
ChuH
Lexus Test Driver

tastemydus:

So your the military guy that bought it. I saw you at the Lexus event. I was forced to be the first driver to take it to the track at the event by Lexus sales manager. I took your IS-F out for a quick drive when it landed on Guam. Had about 30 miles on it then. Don't worried didn't abuse it (luckly too many traffic during the test drive). I was given the blue IS-F to take home instead over the weekend put about 150 miles on it (a bit of hard driving).

Yes, I am on Guam and I drive a 2001 GS430 (longest I ever kept a car). And no I don't take my car to the track. It is a cruiser. Never enter in the HIN either. Are you referring to the Silver Turbo Aristo (Japanese domestic model)? If so that is brought in by Xavier (Lexus shop foreman) from Japan a couple of years ago. I guess Xavier sold it Zip (don't know who he is either).

I spoke to Dave Toves and he said there is still a couple of IS-F still on Guam. What most of these owners are doing is drive a few miles and ship it off island as used car to avoid taxes.

Chu...
Old 07-14-08, 06:52 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 187 Likes on 128 Posts

Nice car, congratulations
Old 07-14-08, 02:18 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 531 Likes on 280 Posts

What's an IS-F 500?

Congratulations on your Lexus IS-F.