IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

bball court IS-F photoshoot lol

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-08, 11:26 PM
aloha08isf
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default bball court IS-F photoshoot lol

certainly wasnt my best of photoshoot but it was VERY close to my house and convienent haha...

anyway some pics came out good...some came out junk...i hope you like them!

Old 06-03-08, 11:30 PM
aloha08isf
Lexus Champion

Old 06-03-08, 11:32 PM
aloha08isf
Lexus Champion

Old 06-03-08, 11:33 PM
aloha08isf
Lexus Champion

my new hobby lol photography! . camera used is Canon 1D Mark III w/Canon 24-105 F4L with heliopan polarized multi-coated filter...unfortunately i didnt have the time to use my gitzo tripod for this photoshoot. no flash used for the shoot.

C & C is always welcome. keep in mind....i am still a beginner at taking pics lol haha.

Cody

Last edited by aloha08isf; 06-03-08 at 11:40 PM.
Old 06-04-08, 12:25 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 531 Likes on 280 Posts

Very nice pics cody...very nice equipment too!

Say no to HDR photography.
Old 06-04-08, 12:44 AM
CrazyMPG
Phat Monkey

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

very nice!...now take off the front license plate holder...hehe
Old 06-04-08, 12:49 AM
XprincoX
Lexus Champion

that's one serious camera setup. The car isn't bad either.
Old 06-04-08, 01:07 AM
ek9vboi
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not to be harsh, but some of the pictures dont seem super sharp and the colors do not pop out as I would have thought, especially since its a metallic blue car.

Might have been the filter, did you try to take any shots without it?
Old 06-04-08, 02:49 AM
aloha08isf
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by flipside909
Very nice pics cody...very nice equipment too!

Say no to HDR photography.
thanks man! as far as editing goes...I have no knowledge lol...all of these photos have NO post processing...
Old 06-04-08, 03:03 AM
aloha08isf
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by ek9vboi
Not to be harsh, but some of the pictures dont seem super sharp and the colors do not pop out as I would have thought, especially since its a metallic blue car.

Might have been the filter, did you try to take any shots without it?
no problem man! again C & C is welcome...

well from what i have...looking at the 100% crops...the selected focus points/areas are pretty sharp...

now if you mean the background or parts of the car not being sharp...that is done on purpose because i had it set to F4. I choose this in order to separate the object (e.g IS-F badge, front of car, rear of car, etc) from the background with a bokeh (blur)...maybe i should have increased my aperture to like F8 or so in some pics...I will admit that the 24-105L is relatively soft when shoot wide open so that is prolly a factor on my part as well.

it also depends on the screen you use too...if its glossy...the colors will pop out more/more saturated/etc...if you use matte screen...it will look different.

i doubt it the filter but yeah i didnt take any shots without the filter cuz the filter seems to help cut some glare.

as far as my white balance...i have mine set to neutral...now tho it does have more POP in other modes....i guess its personal preference since the colors appear natural?

here is one you may prefer since the colors have more POP:

anyway who am i to say tho? lol i am still a rookie. haha

Last edited by aloha08isf; 06-04-08 at 03:31 AM.
Old 06-04-08, 06:41 AM
Civic Si-r
Lead Lap

Wow , simply beautiful. Owning an IS-F and living in Hawaii, doesn't get any better than that. That is heaven!!!!!!!
Old 06-04-08, 07:41 AM
caymandive
11 Second Club

Received 62 Likes on 30 Posts

I like pic #4 the best. Nice parallel to the cars athletic nature.
Old 06-04-08, 08:30 AM
VelvetBlue
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Let me get this straight. You live in Hawaii and you give us pictures of your car on a basketball court? How about something we can't see ourselves on the mainland for a background? The pictures you posted were nice and all but I'm sure you could come up with something better.
Old 06-04-08, 09:29 AM
ek9vboi
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by aloha03gs
no problem man! again C & C is welcome...

well from what i have...looking at the 100% crops...the selected focus points/areas are pretty sharp...

now if you mean the background or parts of the car not being sharp...that is done on purpose because i had it set to F4. I choose this in order to separate the object (e.g IS-F badge, front of car, rear of car, etc) from the background with a bokeh (blur)...maybe i should have increased my aperture to like F8 or so in some pics...I will admit that the 24-105L is relatively soft when shoot wide open so that is prolly a factor on my part as well.

it also depends on the screen you use too...if its glossy...the colors will pop out more/more saturated/etc...if you use matte screen...it will look different.

i doubt it the filter but yeah i didnt take any shots without the filter cuz the filter seems to help cut some glare.

as far as my white balance...i have mine set to neutral...now tho it does have more POP in other modes....i guess its personal preference since the colors appear natural?

here is one you may prefer since the colors have more POP:

anyway who am i to say tho? lol i am still a rookie. haha
I understand all the aperture and stuff. I was just saying some of the picture, the 1st few look a little out of focus or maybe the fence in the background really drew me away from the car. I'm an amateur photog myself.

I'm sure your already aware of "rule of thirds" and not to take pictures with objects in the background that will take away from the subject.

the picture u just posted looks great. I think what im also trying to say is that the other pictures didnt look saturated unlike this one. i was thinking you used a point and shoot when i looked at the 1st few because of the colors.
Old 06-04-08, 10:48 AM
photomaker
Rookie

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Are you processing your RAW or JPG files? There are some differences in color between the two (at least to me on my monitor). Here's an example of two identical shots, one processed from the JPG and one processed from the RAW.

JPG

RAW

I find the RAW files give me more saturated colors than their JPG counterparts (I shoot RAW+JPG). Also, almost all digital SLR images require some post processing to look their best (I guess there's some built-in limitations because of the IR and AA filters on the sensors). Specifically, USM (Unsharp Mask in Photoshop) is probabaly the most important tool in getting the sharpest photos possible (use carefully, try not to over-sharpen into "crunchiness"). The above photos were hand-held with a slow shutter speed (1/25 f2.8) so they're a bit soft. Some good shots, and the one you reposted is definitely the best of the bunch. Keep it up!

Quick Reply: bball court IS-F photoshoot lol