IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Official IS-F "Spotted" thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-16, 10:53 PM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

A few spottings this week...

-12/04: USB F parked in front of the Ono Hawaiian BBQ in Rosemead (white interior, lightly tinted, no front plate)

-tonight: Obsidian F getting gas at the 76 in Arcadia (Toms front lip, Eurotek diffuser)
Old 12-28-16, 03:35 PM
mahcah
Racer

Received 46 Likes on 34 Posts

Just spotted a silver ISF at willowbrook mall here in Houston with a wald front and rear on stock 08 wheels. I thought it looked nice. He was parked in front with me on the next row over.

He saw me taking a pic as he walked out. I wanted to share here but he said "you trying to take a pic of my car?" I said yes (when I actually did take the pic). He said "don't do that again". I was like errr "OK". I'm sure he had his reason for that. If it was me I'd just be flattered.

Not going to post the picture to respect his request and dignity.
Old 12-28-16, 03:49 PM
iH8RICERZ
Racer

Received 211 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by mahcah
Just spotted a silver ISF at willowbrook mall here in Houston with a wald front and rear on stock 08 wheels. I thought it looked nice. He was parked in front with me on the next row over.
And you were in your F too? I could understand if he's worry about some thieves tracking down his plate/address to steal his car, but seriously, don't gotta be a D about it. You should've just asked him, "are you on ClubLexus, or start talking about the F..." If he starts having attitude, say nevermind, and walk away...
Old 12-28-16, 04:57 PM
supersonic
Rookie

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by iH8RICERZ
And you were in your F too? I could understand if he's worry about some thieves tracking down his plate/address to steal his car, but seriously, don't gotta be a D about it. You should've just asked him, "are you on ClubLexus, or start talking about the F..." If he starts having attitude, say nevermind, and walk away...
i hope he doesnt join. we dont need douchenozzles here. i may have seen that car in Houston when visiting. this was before i got my ISF too.
Old 12-28-16, 05:19 PM
chris07is
Pole Position

Received 91 Likes on 65 Posts

saw black or sgm on 95 south yesterday on the carpool lane, with the license plate HMMMM, i think. i was in my wifes suv and on the way home from vegas.
Old 12-28-16, 06:30 PM
mahcah
Racer

Originally Posted by iH8RICERZ
Yeah he saw me with my F. I don't get it. Maybe he's going through issues that are affecting him and his attitude. I don't know I'm not Dr. Phil.
Old 12-28-16, 08:25 PM
TREE
Pit Crew

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

He saw me taking a pic as he walked out. I wanted to share here but he said "you trying to take a pic of my car?" I said yes (when I actually did take the pic). He said "don't do that again". I was like errr "OK". I'm sure he had his reason for that. If it was me I'd just be flattered.

Heck yeah I would be flattered. I check this thread to see if anyone saw my car and wanted to post. I would be really happy if anyone noticed my car much less wanted to
post a couple pictures.
Old 12-28-16, 08:56 PM
jv12
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TREE
Heck yeah I would be flattered. I check this thread to see if anyone saw my car and wanted to post. I would be really happy if anyone noticed my car much less wanted to post a couple pictures.
Totally agree! I see so few around here I'm always hoping that a fellow CL'er spots me so we can chat about our ISFs.
Old 12-28-16, 09:08 PM
mahcah
Racer

If you're that guy and you see this post about you, there was no ill intent. The only intent was to pass on good vibes because these cars are rare and special. That's why we own an F (or Fs). Maybe you were having a bad day or had a bad experience but you clearly saw me with my F and saw me get in it. Just chill out. You might be a happier person
Old 12-29-16, 06:49 PM
dris250
Driver

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Its kinda hard to spot isfs in the houston area... since i got mine ive only met 2 guys who own an isf...
Old 12-29-16, 09:20 PM
Vitveet
Racer

Received 247 Likes on 173 Posts

If you're that guy and you see this post about you, there was no ill intent. The only intent was to pass on good vibes because these cars are rare and special. That's why we own an F (or Fs). Maybe you were having a bad day or had a bad experience but you clearly saw me with my F and saw me get in it. Just chill out. You might be a happier person
That was me you axxhole. You were all over my car basically rubbing up against it, potentially scratching it.
Plus, I was with my side chick....I don't need pics of me and her and my whereabouts all over the Internet for my wife to see them...Keep your camera phone to yourself d**khead.
Oh and btw, I thought your F was a 250/350, that's why I didn't speak about it...

Lol, just kidding, lmao!!! Definitely not me. I would break my neck, swerve thru traffic, etc etc etc to see/catch up with/talk with another F owner!! Almost like we become instant brothers when ieet another F owner!! I love it!
One time I was out of town in VA hanging out and stumbled upon an RCF!!! I waited outside the strip of restaurants near it for a full HOUR waiting and hoping he would come out so we could chat about it! Of course he never came out and after I ate, I came back out and the RCF was gone😔. Almost like missing out on an opportunity to talk to a that fine chick in school when you two finally cross paths 😂😂😂!!

V.
Old 12-29-16, 10:54 PM
F Monster
Lead Lap

Received 38 Likes on 24 Posts

Houston? Was the guy Asian? I don't live in Texas but I do know of one owner who I used to follow on Instagram that had a Silver 08 ISF with Wald front and rear. He had Vossens wheels and sold it to another member without disclosing that it was cracked then refused to refund the guy (back on stock wheels now I'm assuming). Also he sold another member on our forum damaged tail lights. He changed his Instagram name a couple times to avoid a "bad" reputation but everyone on Instagram knew of him and how he basically scammed everyone. Which makes sense as to why he didn't want you to take pictures of his car. He was afraid he'd be the center of attention for scamming people again. Just my two cents if it was indeed that guy.
Old 12-29-16, 10:54 PM
jspecvtec
Lead Lap

Received 51 Likes on 37 Posts

Maybe he was on his period and was moody
Old 12-30-16, 06:45 AM
mahcah
Racer

Originally Posted by F Monster
Houston? Was the guy Asian? I don't live in Texas but I do know of one owner who I used to follow on Instagram that had a Silver 08 ISF with Wald front and rear. He had Vossens wheels and sold it to another member without disclosing that it was cracked then refused to refund the guy (back on stock wheels now I'm assuming). Also he sold another member on our forum damaged tail lights. He changed his Instagram name a couple times to avoid a "bad" reputation but everyone on Instagram knew of him and how he basically scammed everyone. Which makes sense as to why he didn't want you to take pictures of his car. He was afraid he'd be the center of attention for scamming people again. Just my two cents if it was indeed that guy.
yeah Asian guy. About 5' 4"? The wald rear diffuser is partially painted silver too if that helps.
Old 12-30-16, 07:14 AM
BirgeyT1
Pole Position

Received 148 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by F Monster
That Calvin dude right? I think he lived in Dallas actually.

Quick Reply: Official IS-F "Spotted" thread