IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Welcome to Club Lexus! IS-F owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-15, 10:17 PM
F Monster
Lead Lap

Received 38 Likes on 24 Posts

Hello F'amily!
My name's John and my F's name is Snow.

I picked her up on August 1st, 2015 but never had a chance to post until now.

1. 2012 Starfire Pearl
2. Navigation & Mark Levinson
3. Black Leather & Alcantara
4. This was my dream car and my first Lexus (I was going to settle for an IS250/IS350 couple years back but decided to wait for the real deal).
5. Mint Condition, never pre-crashed.
6. Sunroof
7. Gilbert, Arizona
Attached Thumbnails Welcome to Club Lexus! IS-F owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE-fef9sm.jpg   Welcome to Club Lexus! IS-F owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE-35jw3f8.jpg   Welcome to Club Lexus! IS-F owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE-2n7fvhe.jpg   Welcome to Club Lexus! IS-F owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE-29w1ute.jpg  

Last edited by F Monster; 08-27-15 at 10:21 PM.
Old 08-28-15, 09:25 AM
FormulaF
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys!

Just picked up my ISF about a month ago and loving it!

1) 2008 Obsidian exterior on Black interior
2) Navigation and Mark Levinson
3) Black leather
4) I have been shopping for a new/used car for 6+ months and never found an ISF in my budget until I came across this particular one. I've considered the IS350, 300 SRT8, and also a Coyote 5.0 Mustang. I'm glad I chose the ISF, it's the best balance between sport and comfort for daily driving. (Although I do find the stock ride on the stiff side *not complaining :P)

5) No known accidents
6) Sunroof
7) Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Old 09-01-15, 05:11 PM
Flogrown
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just joined the ISF family picked one up Saturday. I have a soft spot for any Lexus was (still am) in the SC game but always wanted an ISF. I already put a JoeZ intake and Borla exhaust on her. I already had the parts before I had the car..
Attached Thumbnails Welcome to Club Lexus! IS-F owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE-image.jpg  
Old 09-07-15, 01:32 AM
kneauxp
Driver School Candidate

Just picked up my F... I am in love. 2010 star fire pearl with nav and white leather interior, 28k miles. Glad to be a part of this community! Already learned a ton from you guys prepurchase, looking forward to learning more! Seattle, WA, no known accidents, third owner, sunroof.

Old 09-10-15, 11:30 PM
Penaw001
Driver School Candidate

So I just bought my 08 ISF 4 days ago and I have fell head over hills for her.( Wife rolls her eyes) So I was looking for a four door car because the wife wanted for me to have some thing to haul the soon to come bambinos. I had a 2010 Camaro SS and loved the power. I tried with a Jeep and that wasnt cutting it.. I sold it before I even changed the oil. I needed power. I looked at STI's and EVO's but once you got inside of the cars it really felt as if I was taking a step down from the Camaro. I mean my SS didnt have the most luxurious interior but damn does it hurt to put a little more quality in those other cars. For mid 30's you would think that they would do a little better. So I was going to drop some money on a Chevy SS and call it a day but then I found this car and fell in love. She fits my personality to a "T". So now I need to start modding again.... damn the cycle never ends.

1. Pearl white
2. Nav/ML
3. Black
4. Fell in love with the car
5. None
6. Sunroof
7. In HI for now but from TEXAS

Old 09-18-15, 08:14 AM
Tapangb
Driver

Originally Posted by Welcome to CL
Members,

When you get your IS-F, please introduce yourself and your vehicle here!

Tell us some details about your new Lexus including:

1. Exterior Color
2. Nav/ML or No Nav/ML
3. Interior color choice
4.Anything you want to mention (options, others considered, previous Lex owner, etc)
5. Pre-crash/or not
6. PICS, PICS, PICS!!!
7. Sunroof or no Sunroof
8. If your INTERNATIONAL, state which city/country your representing!
9. Post pics or links to your car (you can upload pics in our gallery)

and congratulations from Club Lexus!
Hello! My name is BJ and just bought a 2012 IS-F. Look forward to learning more about my car on this forum.
1. Obsidian
2. Nav/ML
3. Black interior
4. Still have my 2009 IS 350 sport pkg as a daily driver. Traded my 2010 Tahoe LTZ for the IS-F
5. Clean carfax, title, and no history of a crash. A lot of rock ships on front bumper though.
6. Posted pics on profile
7. Sunroof
8. San Diego CA
Attached Thumbnails Welcome to Club Lexus! IS-F owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE-image.jpg  
Old 10-04-15, 03:35 PM
JoeslexusF
Driver School Candidate

Default Lexusisf

Hi everyone

Silver
Nav
Black
Sunroof
Old 10-05-15, 09:00 AM
mjkcpa
Driver School Candidate

here's what hard to understand
I love my F, and so does everyone else
a young guy came up to me in the parking lot the other day and said,
this is my DREAM car, and some day I will have one
so then, if it is the DREAM car, why did Lexus stop making it?????
Old 10-21-15, 02:52 PM
Tokenblkgy
Pole Position

Whats up CL, picked up my ISF about 3 weeks ago and loving it!

1) 2011 USB
3) Black leather Alcantara Mix
4) Come from a long line of cars..starting off with Hondas. My 2007 Volvo S60R that i babied and loved died on me on July 4th .. Engine blew up due to faulty wategate. It was a hard pill to swallow but I spent 5K to fix it with the intentions to sell it and get an ISF. Searched for 3+ months and finally found the right one in Texas at a small family owned dealer... Having it 4 months they couldn't move it( not a single thing was wrong with it, fully serviced at Lexus its whole life, Lexus PPI stated it was a solid car. I found it called them on Monday and Friday went to pick it up and drove it 2300 miles back to Cali.. Best car buying experience in my life..
5) No accidents
6) Sunroof
7) Sacramento CA

Picking it up from the dealer...

Name:  20151009_162447_zpszacrvp3n.jpg
Views: 203
Size:  209.5 KB

Name:  IMG_4262_zpsuxwhnqh4.jpg
Views: 208
Size:  237.9 KB

Name:  IMG_4266_zpsdyrrf4pk.jpg
Views: 229
Size:  190.4 KB
Stopping in AZ for a quick Photo

Name:  FairwelltoShiela002.jpg
Views: 246
Size:  85.1 KB
My Previous cars.. JDM BB6 Prelude and my S60R.. both cars were a blast to dirve..
Old 10-21-15, 04:14 PM
ISF4life
Lexus Test Driver

Received 164 Likes on 116 Posts

Congrats and welcome to the f forum
Old 10-21-15, 07:19 PM
mjkcpa
Driver School Candidate

you will find this is one of the best cars you have owned
mjkcpa
Old 10-25-15, 01:01 PM
kolyan
Advanced

Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Tokenblkgy
Whats up CL, picked up my ISF about 3 weeks ago and loving it!

1) 2011 USB
3) Black leather Alcantara Mix
4) Come from a long line of cars..starting off with Hondas. My 2007 Volvo S60R that i babied and loved died on me on July 4th .. Engine blew up due to faulty wategate. It was a hard pill to swallow but I spent 5K to fix it with the intentions to sell it and get an ISF. Searched for 3+ months and finally found the right one in Texas at a small family owned dealer... Having it 4 months they couldn't move it( not a single thing was wrong with it, fully serviced at Lexus its whole life, Lexus PPI stated it was a solid car. I found it called them on Monday and Friday went to pick it up and drove it 2300 miles back to Cali.. Best car buying experience in my life..
5) No accidents
6) Sunroof
7) Sacramento CA

My Previous cars.. JDM BB6 Prelude and my S60R.. both cars were a blast to dirve..
I've seen this one on cars.com, how much was it ?
Old 10-25-15, 02:22 PM
Tokenblkgy
Pole Position

Originally Posted by kolyan
I've seen this one on cars.com, how much was it ?

I paid a little over 35K for it, Dealer and i worked out some issues with the car and but i had toi spend more on 4 new tires for the car so that wast cheap. I saved over 4K in taxes, titles and etc buying it in Texas vs. buying it in California and registering it in my Home of Record state. So that alone to me was a no brainier..
Id say i was happy for the car i got for what I paid. I will probably have to get the hood and front bumper repainted from some small rock chips ( **** like that) but its solid.. He had it listed for 41K back in June of this year.

Probably the best car buying experiences i have had.
Old 10-26-15, 07:44 AM
kolyan
Advanced

Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Tokenblkgy
I paid a little over 35K for it, Dealer and i worked out some issues with the car and but i had toi spend more on 4 new tires for the car so that wast cheap. I saved over 4K in taxes, titles and etc buying it in Texas vs. buying it in California and registering it in my Home of Record state. So that alone to me was a no brainier..
Id say i was happy for the car i got for what I paid. I will probably have to get the hood and front bumper repainted from some small rock chips ( **** like that) but its solid.. He had it listed for 41K back in June of this year.

Probably the best car buying experiences i have had.
Thats the best color you can get for ISF. Congrads! I had $33k offer on '12 silver ISF with 50k miles here, they wanted $35k too + 6.25% tax, I figured it was a bit too much....would need to buy all 4 wheels and tires too since it was on winter set. Dealer had it listed for $34990 for like 5-6 month with no sale, seems to be gone now though.

Last edited by kolyan; 10-26-15 at 07:49 AM.
Old 10-26-15, 06:32 PM
Tokenblkgy
Pole Position

Kolyan

I would have to agree with you 100% on the USB.. Color.. I really wanted that color and was about to settle on a black ISF but I just had black with the S60R I had and wanted to move on from black. The Nebula Grey was next but my boy has one and I didn't want to be a creeper Lol.
So I was moments away from getting another ISF and this one popped up so I had to jump on it.. I think I'm the only one in Sacramento as I have only seen a white ISF here..

I only had yo pay 3.25% sales tax since I registered it out out of state.. some counties here asses upwards of 9.5 %..for auto sales tax.
However I did drop 1400.00 on a set of new tires so that really sucked but I feel more comfortable with the right tires on this high performance car..vs the all season Nittos that were on it when I got it..

Looking for the right one can be a challenge.. I looked for 100 days and my window was closing so thank god this one popped up because I didn't really want to settle but I did want an ISF.

Quick Reply: Welcome to Club Lexus! IS-F owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE