IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Ultrasonic Blue/Black...finally(w/pics)!

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-08, 11:40 PM
photomaker
Rookie

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by sclx
Can you take a few screen shots of the Nav display with the ipod playing? Does it show the song title, artist, etc? If so, how much was it, and where does the ipod connector end up?

I just put a new stereo in my FJ Cruiser with a 250GB ipod and just love it now. Would be nice to have that in the IS-F.

Thanks,
Desi
Desi,

This shot:

is the Ipod playing. It uses the 'SAT1' input as the source. Check out page 3 to see a few more pics
Old 03-13-08, 12:27 AM
CrazyMPG
Phat Monkey

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by photomaker
I haven't looked into it too much. Where are they located? How much was it to do your car? Do you have any closeup/macro pics of it installed on yours? This car will be making many, many trips up I-40 to the river so i think some sort of protection is warranted.
Aerotect is located in La Verne...speak to Francisco. It was $1,100 for a full hood, full front bumper, fog lights, full side fenders, door cups, side mirrors, trunk loading area, slight back fenders, front pillars, and nav screen. I have some pics but you can't really tell the clear bra is on since it is a full hood...
Old 03-13-08, 08:21 AM
MrDDub
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Are those the gunmetal wheels ??? These are the best shots i've seen so far and the gunmetal doesn't look so bad. I'm just a fan of the Hand Polished version.
Old 03-13-08, 09:49 AM
iKenn
Just call me "Sprinkes"

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

i want your rims!!!!

one day when your not looking im going to switch out our rims. muahahah

jk jk
Old 03-13-08, 09:57 AM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,058 Likes on 586 Posts
Lightbulb

Looking very good!!!!!

Love the pics!.. Love the tint... and the wheels...

I haven't looked into it too much. Where are they located? How much was it to do your car? Do you have any closeup/macro pics of it installed on yours? This car will be making many, many trips up I-40 to the river so i think some sort of protection is warranted.
Aerotect is up here in my area.

Did you say pics??

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=308099

Your are going to need this for those long trips..
Last thing you want is a sand blasted / rock chipped IS-F front, in a few years from now..

I HIGHLY recommend Aerotect.

Joe Z
Old 03-13-08, 11:25 AM
photomaker
Rookie

Originally Posted by iKenn
i want your rims!!!!

one day when your not looking im going to switch out our rims. muahahah

jk jk
Haha.. Get in line! If I'm going to remove the wheels at all, they will be test fitted on JoeZ's 350 first

In all seriousness, I like the wheels WAY WAY more than I thought I would on top of this blue color, so they probably aren't going anywhere. I don't think I'll be the first to see if 20's or some other size fits...
Old 03-13-08, 11:27 AM
photomaker
Rookie

Originally Posted by MrDDub
Are those the gunmetal wheels ??? These are the best shots i've seen so far and the gunmetal doesn't look so bad. I'm just a fan of the Hand Polished version.
Stock wheels for sure. The (top of the thread) shots were taken the day I picked up the car. I think some of the look comes from the time of day I took the shots. Sunset/sunrise is always the best time to photograph cars.
Old 03-21-08, 11:06 AM
photomaker
Rookie

Originally Posted by CrazyMPG
Aerotect is located in La Verne...speak to Francisco. It was $1,100 for a full hood, full front bumper, fog lights, full side fenders, door cups, side mirrors, trunk loading area, slight back fenders, front pillars, and nav screen. I have some pics but you can't really tell the clear bra is on since it is a full hood...
Crazy,

I just got off the phone with AeroTect and they are quoting me $1500 for full hood, bumpers, side views and NAV (that didn't include pillars, trunk loading area, back fenders or pillars). I think I'm getting ripped off...so I'm gonna have to look elsewhere...anyone with info on other reputable installers in SoCal (preferrably OC), let me know....
Old 03-21-08, 02:54 PM
AeroTect
Former Sponsor

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Crazy,

I just got off the phone with AeroTect and they are quoting me $1500 for full hood, bumpers, side views and NAV (that didn't include pillars, trunk loading area, back fenders or pillars). I think I'm getting ripped off...so I'm gonna have to look elsewhere...anyone with info on other reputable installers in SoCal (preferrably OC), let me know....
Hi Photomaker. I spoke with you this afternoon and gave you the price of $1,500.00. That price does include all the extras as mentioned above. As for the difference in price, when we did Phillips F it was our first one and we really had no idea just how difficult the installation was going to be. We would normally figure a full coverage job to take about 3-4 hours, and as I mentioned on the phone it will take nearly a full day to clear bra your ISF.

Additionally, we had also offered the lower price on our First F so that we could design a kit to be loaded into our software.

I do want to assure you that we are in no way trying to rip you off. This installation is truly that difficult, and we want to assure the best quality work on every vehicle we do. We have really appreciated all of the support that we have received from Club Lexus members over the years, and in no way do we wan't to harm that relationship.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Jason
Old 03-21-08, 03:42 PM
photomaker
Rookie

Originally Posted by AeroTect
Hi Photomaker. I spoke with you this afternoon and gave you the price of $1,500.00. That price does include all the extras as mentioned above. As for the difference in price, when we did Phillips F it was our first one and we really had no idea just how difficult the installation was going to be. We would normally figure a full coverage job to take about 3-4 hours, and as I mentioned on the phone it will take nearly a full day to clear bra your ISF.

Additionally, we had also offered the lower price on our First F so that we could design a kit to be loaded into our software.

I do want to assure you that we are in no way trying to rip you off. This installation is truly that difficult, and we want to assure the best quality work on every vehicle we do. We have really appreciated all of the support that we have received from Club Lexus members over the years, and in no way do we wan't to harm that relationship.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Jason
Jason,

That makes sense. I recall seeing a thread or post about the trouble you had with the difference in hoods between our F's and the is2's. Thanks for the clarification. I PM'd you about setting up an appointment next week. You've got my business
Old 03-21-08, 04:08 PM
macpro
Driver School Candidate

Default Clear Bra

I'm from the Milwaukee area and got a quote from the same person who did my IS 350. He uses 3M Scotchguard.

It's going to cost me $1,600 for the entire hood, entire front fenders to the door, front bumper, and mirrors so I think that is a very good price you got from AeroTech.

Hope this helps!

IS F Ultrasonic Blue
Old 03-21-08, 05:59 PM
CrazyMPG
Phat Monkey

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Jason,

That makes sense. I recall seeing a thread or post about the trouble you had with the difference in hoods between our F's and the is2's. Thanks for the clarification. I PM'd you about setting up an appointment next week. You've got my business
Forgot to mention that I was their first IS-F they did...it did take forever for them...I had to go back another day for them to redo the front hood and other places...so sorry about that...
Old 03-21-08, 10:06 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,058 Likes on 586 Posts

Jason,

Let me know when your up here... so we can take care of your other "mod" the same day...

Joe Z
Old 03-21-08, 10:36 PM
kyang91
Lexus Champion

very nice simply looks good.....enough says
Old 03-22-08, 11:58 AM
AeroTect
Former Sponsor

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Jason,

Just an update. Francisco and I were talking about it, and we're going to try to shave the price down a bit more on the ISF for you and everyybody who wants to get it done. Give me a call and we can go over the price again.

As allways, we will make sure that you leave here with a quality installation.

Give me a call to set up your appointment, or I will keep an eye out for a PM.

Hope this helps.

Jason