IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model
View Poll Results: How much Off on Lexus IS-F ?
To be sold at MSRP
75.47%
$500 below MSRP
5.66%
$1000 below MSRP
1.89%
More than $1000 Off
16.98%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

How much off on MSRP ?

Old 10-05-07, 06:09 PM
Manoj
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Breaking news...............

Everyone will get a $500 OFF on MSRP atleast ........

=> http://www.lexusfinancial.com/consum...romo/promo.jsp
Old 10-05-07, 06:16 PM
jessie350
Driver School Candidate

Unfortunately, the IS-F won't be in the US by November 21st. I'll probably wait for a second-year model to try to get a better deal (assuming I can contain myself!)
Old 10-09-07, 11:24 PM
NYC ES3
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by xxlbeerZ
I hope it's less than MSRP.

There's no car I want that bad.

seriously!...F - that
Old 10-11-07, 08:52 PM
is-fan
Driver

How much off MSRP depends on how Lexus prices the IS-F. If they overprice it, of course there will be discounts. If they price if fairly (low $50K base price), they will sell without discounts. It really doesn't matter if it is the first model year. There is lots of competition for the IS-F. I don't have any brand loyalty. I'll buy what I like best that represents the best value.
Old 10-12-07, 06:10 AM
ItsSoFire
Rookie

i really hope nobody is seriously thinkin they're gonna get a discount on this car when it comes out... look how many people r on this site alone about to go crazy waitin 4 this car to come out lexus knos the demand is gonna b xtra high n the beginning so y wud u discount somethin that everybody wants... either u pay wut the sticker is or u can say bye bye to ur IS-F cuz somebody else will buy it like that... mayb after demadn dies down u might c some discounts but when the beast comes out expect to pay wut that dam window sticker says plus tax title reg and all the other crap ur gonna get charged...
Old 10-12-07, 10:21 PM
is-fan
Driver

I think it's a little premature to say everyone is going to pay sticker price for this car when Lexus hasn't even released their final pricing yet. Let's wait and see how Lexus prices it before we start jumping to conclusions. Of course people that are the first to have it will pay sticker price, and I'm sure many have already put down deposits because it looks to be a great car, at least on paper. No comparisons have been done though. In addition, I have not driven it yet. If it doesn't measure up to the competition, then there will be discounts, especially after the initial buying frenzy is over. It's like that with ALL cars, including the IS-F, because in a few more months there will always be something better.
Old 10-13-07, 01:24 AM
CrazyMPG
Phat Monkey

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by is-fan
It's like that with ALL cars, including the IS-F, because in a few more months there will always be something better.

I wonder if that works for the new M3? lol heard the waiting list was long and markups are most likely going to be added...
Old 10-13-07, 07:25 AM
is-fan
Driver

I believe that most of the time, if you shop around you can avoid the dealer markups on the hot new cars. In time, the new M3 will be yesterdays news, but that is a long way off

Originally Posted by CrazyMPG
I wonder if that works for the new M3? lol heard the waiting list was long and markups are most likely going to be added...
Old 10-14-07, 12:52 PM
Nashtyboy
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by is-fan
I think it's a little premature to say everyone is going to pay sticker price for this car when Lexus hasn't even released their final pricing yet. Let's wait and see how Lexus prices it before we start jumping to conclusions. Of course people that are the first to have it will pay sticker price, and I'm sure many have already put down deposits because it looks to be a great car, at least on paper. No comparisons have been done though. In addition, I have not driven it yet. If it doesn't measure up to the competition, then there will be discounts, especially after the initial buying frenzy is over. It's like that with ALL cars, including the IS-F, because in a few more months there will always be something better.
My dealer said that the IS-F will be going for MSRP, at least at the Lexus dealer here in Raleigh.
Old 10-29-07, 09:05 AM
IS350jet
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ItsSoFire
i really hope nobody is seriously thinkin they're gonna get a discount on this car when it comes out... look how many people r on this site alone about to go crazy waitin 4 this car to come out lexus knos the demand is gonna b xtra high n the beginning so y wud u discount somethin that everybody wants... either u pay wut the sticker is or u can say bye bye to ur IS-F cuz somebody else will buy it like that... mayb after demadn dies down u might c some discounts but when the beast comes out expect to pay wut that dam window sticker says plus tax title reg and all the other crap ur gonna get charged...
My thoughts, exactly.
Old 11-04-07, 06:40 AM
Celsius
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There is WAY too cars in the same category for 2008 (ISF, M3, RS4, C63). If they're all priced within $10k of each other, I'll just take the best peforming one. IMHO, it should be EASY to negotiate with this many competitors
Old 11-04-07, 06:57 AM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by Celsius
There is WAY too cars in the same category for 2008 (ISF, M3, RS4, C63). If they're all priced within $10k of each other, I'll just take the best peforming one. IMHO, it should be EASY to negotiate with this many competitors
have fun with "market adjustment fees", lexus isnt allowed to mark up over msrp