IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

What I've notice about the IS-F *Through Pictures*

Old 07-07-07, 10:28 PM
nighthawk
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What I've notice about the IS-F *Through Pictures*

Hey all just thought I would throw in my .02 about what I've notice. You might find it interesting:

-1st and most important...while looking at an interior shot of the IS-F I noticed that the Manual Mode, marked by an "M" and not an "S" as seen on the current IS's, switches gears by pulling the shifter down instead of up like on the current ones. For example if I want to go from 1-2 I pull down which makes more sense and push up to downshift.

-2nd...Its steering wheet is perforated which means it should be more confortable to hold and should be better for sweaty slippery hands...something small but leave it to lexus to think of something that small...only can imagen what the car's going to be like.

-3rd...take a look at the rear spoiler on it...it looks way better than the current IS one and makes me happy I only "taped" mine on and didn't drill holes like some of the other members thought I should.

-4th...since this is a V-8, anyone who gets it better and I mean first and foremost buy an electric cut-out for it with the stock exhaust. By doing this you can open it up and hear the throaty sound of the engine or make it scream like a moster truck when at WOT. You can also close it partly for a perforamcne exhaust sound or close it all the way for the stock sound....and the power gains are huge and proven. Check out www.dmhperformance.com to see what I'm talking about. Cut-outs are awesome and this car shold come with one stock in my opinion.

Thanks for the time and I wish I could afford this car Do you think the lease rates will be good?
Old 07-15-07, 11:35 PM
CK6Speed
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by nighthawk
-2nd...Its steering wheet is perforated which means it should be more confortable to hold and should be better for sweaty slippery hands...something small but leave it to lexus to think of something that small...only can imagen what the car's going to be like.
You've never seen another car with perferated leather steering wheel before? That is nothing new.
Old 07-15-07, 11:50 PM
LexusIS-TL
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know about the cutouts. I've personally had one before but wasn't electric. I had to manually close it up which was hard 1 minute labor. Whew, I almost died from spending a minute in the hot sun. I had to make sure I keep the gasket and the cap in my car, lol, and I'm always losing the gasket.

You actually taped your spoiler? How long have you had it on for and what kind of adhesive did you use? I'm intrigued....
Old 07-16-07, 02:44 AM
CK6Speed
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TRDCorolla
You actually taped your spoiler? How long have you had it on for and what kind of adhesive did you use? I'm intrigued....
Most of the time for those smaller trunk lip spoilers double stick automotive grade 3M tape is all you need. I use that for my trunk lip spoiler on my NSX a few years ago and its beeen holding up so far with speed up to 150 MPH at that. Once those things stick, it sticks really well.
Old 07-16-07, 08:48 AM
LexusIS-TL
Lead Lap

I think I'll start doing that too if I do get the OEM spoiler put on. I don't want any more holes on my car (beside the ones that are predrilled for my front plate bracket).
Old 07-16-07, 05:27 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 531 Likes on 280 Posts

-1st and most important...while looking at an interior shot of the IS-F I noticed that the Manual Mode, marked by an "M" and not an "S" as seen on the current IS's, switches gears by pulling the shifter down instead of up like on the current ones. For example if I want to go from 1-2 I pull down which makes more sense and push up to downshift.
Incorrect. It's Upshift pull forward, Downshift pull back.

Original thread...
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=284218

Old 07-16-07, 06:41 PM
l1tech
Pole Position

-4th...since this is a V-8, anyone who gets it better and I mean first and foremost buy an electric cut-out for it with the stock exhaust. By doing this you can open it up and hear the throaty sound of the engine or make it scream like a moster truck when at WOT. You can also close it partly for a perforamcne exhaust sound or close it all the way for the stock sound....and the power gains are huge and proven. Check out www.dmhperformance.com to see what I'm talking about. Cut-outs are awesome and this car shold come with one stock in my opinion.

Thanks for the time and I wish I could afford this car Do you think the lease rates will be good?
On a properly designed exhaust system, hopefully this one will be, there is ab****ely no use for an exhaust cutout...why is it that people think power equals noise????
Old 07-20-07, 01:28 PM
pbm317
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

That IS-F doesn't have the Levinson audio system!!
Old 07-20-07, 06:21 PM
nighthawk
Pole Position

Originally Posted by flipside909
Incorrect. It's Upshift pull forward, Downshift pull back.

Original thread...
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=284218

Sorry, but your wrong. The picture you posted is of an IS with a silver CF dash kit. Find a picture of the real IS-F, or better yet go on lexus website and look at the interior shots of it and you will see that it is in fact reversed with upshift as down and downshift as up....
Old 07-20-07, 10:21 PM
*wishlist*
Driver

i was thinking of this a while ago. actually they have changed it since it's first introduction. all the newer pics and the website show the + is pull down whereas earlier pics showed + as push up. that pic is one of the first full body prototypes of the is-f taken by flipside909.

Last edited by *wishlist*; 07-20-07 at 10:28 PM.
Old 07-23-07, 03:12 PM
fstrnldr
Driver

OR they could just put a real transmission in the damn thing.
Old 07-25-07, 07:38 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 531 Likes on 280 Posts

Sorry, but your wrong. The picture you posted is of an IS with a silver CF dash kit. Find a picture of the real IS-F, or better yet go on lexus website and look at the interior shots of it and you will see that it is in fact reversed with upshift as down and downshift as up....
What are you talking about? I've been in and around this IS-F in person in several places, Detroit, Long Beach and Torrance...not through pictures. This is the real deal. This is the same hand built Ultrasonic Blue IS-F that was originally unveiled in Detroit, sent to Geneva and back here to the states. This is also the same car that's been photographed in the first press photos. It's the only complete prototype in the world at this time. This picture was taken at Toyota Headquarters in Torrance. Since it is hand built, there will be final changes made when it reaches the production line.

Here's more pics I took from that day in this thread:
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...is-f+revisited

Full articles to cite...

F Marks the Lexus Spot
https://www.clublexus.com/index.php?...455&Itemid=171

The ISF Arrives in SoCal's Backyard
https://www.clublexus.com/index.php?...477&Itemid=155
Old 07-25-07, 06:08 PM
Manoj
Driver

There is a Error in the picture on LexusUsa website ....

The + and - are in Opposite order in Lexus website compared to the IS-F modelled display in all show.
Old 07-25-07, 06:16 PM
mikes rx
I use "..." ....... a lot

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

OR, you can just buy the Tom's GT shifter kit, which appears to make it pull down as +, push up as -
Old 07-26-07, 12:38 PM
Pnuge88
Lexus Champion

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Manoj
There is a Error in the picture on LexusUsa website ....

The + and - are in Opposite order in Lexus website compared to the IS-F modelled display in all show.
just pretend your playing initial d in the arcades.. lol

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What I've notice about the IS-F *Through Pictures*