IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model
View Poll Results: How many have placed a deposit on the IS-F
I already placed a deposit, and I am couting the days till they call me
17.86%
I am about to place a deposit, plenty of time before the car hits the showroom floor
10.71%
Still on the fence on this car
44.29%
I'd love to (I want to) but my significant other will tear me a new one if I did
27.14%
Voters: 140. You may not vote on this poll

How many have placed a deposit on an IS-F or thinking about it? (merged thread+ poll)

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-07, 09:00 AM
PhiDeltBee
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Spoke with my dealer (Lexus of Tulsa), Friday evening and he said he can order me one. I asked how much down, and he said I was good with nothing down. I guess because he knew how much I put down on my IS250 when I bought it back in February.
Old 07-14-07, 10:25 PM
is-fan
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm waiting for the final specifications, options list, and pricing to be released before I make any deposit. I have to at least know this information before I'm ready.
Old 07-14-07, 10:49 PM
is-fan
Driver

There has been no official word from Lexus that I'm aware of regarding limiting production to only 1000 (I know this has been published on autoweek, or some web site like that, and there are threads on other forums discussing the topic). I believe this rumor was started based on speculation of production numbers for the LF-A supercar. I will be very turned off if Lexus chooses to limit production of the IS-F. Doing this will **** off more people than it will please, for obvious reasons. Sure, it would be exclusive and rare for those who have one, but why would Lexus want to limit the number of enthusiasts who can obtain one? It also doesn't make sense from a business perspective because the enthusiasts who buy these cars will be good free advertising for Lexus. I can hear it already, "I didn't know Lexus made a car like THAT!" The IS-F will draw a different group of people into Lexus showrooms that otherwise may not be there, if people know about it. Limit production, and they can forget about that. Plus, with all the R&D that went into the car, they will want to sell them to anyone with pockets deep enough to buy one. They will make more money if they sell more cars, which is a plain and simple business plan!

Originally Posted by jsquared
read the thread about "only 1,000 produced." most dealers aren't accepting anything yet, but i think there's one person that has a deposit down. and i doubt there will be very little discount of msrp, if any at all. just depends on the dealer i guess...
Old 07-23-07, 09:31 PM
LexFather

Please take care of your IS-F so I can get a nice 2 year old model in 2010!
Old 07-30-07, 08:27 PM
ItsSoFire
Rookie

Originally Posted by is-fan
There has been no official word from Lexus that I'm aware of regarding limiting production to only 1000 (I know this has been published on autoweek, or some web site like that, and there are threads on other forums discussing the topic). I believe this rumor was started based on speculation of production numbers for the LF-A supercar. I will be very turned off if Lexus chooses to limit production of the IS-F. Doing this will **** off more people than it will please, for obvious reasons. Sure, it would be exclusive and rare for those who have one, but why would Lexus want to limit the number of enthusiasts who can obtain one? It also doesn't make sense from a business perspective because the enthusiasts who buy these cars will be good free advertising for Lexus. I can hear it already, "I didn't know Lexus made a car like THAT!" The IS-F will draw a different group of people into Lexus showrooms that otherwise may not be there, if people know about it. Limit production, and they can forget about that. Plus, with all the R&D that went into the car, they will want to sell them to anyone with pockets deep enough to buy one. They will make more money if they sell more cars, which is a plain and simple business plan!
i agree... that rumor about only 1000 bein produced is probably referring to the LF-A... is the IS-F is gonna hav any chance of survival it has to be produced at a high capacity or at least a capacity that will b similar to that of the M3 and BMW is gonna make dam sure that M3 is available everywher... and think about it... lets say they do produce only 1000 once they r all gon wut r people gonna do??? wait for somebody to sell thers? hell no they r gonna go buy the closet thing to it... an M3... only producing 1000 is a bad business decision
Old 08-23-07, 11:29 PM
IS-F Cali
Driver School Candidate

Talked to a salesman at a local lexus dealer. He said there will be 500 IS-Fs to be sold in the USA. There are approx. 250 Lexus dealerships in the USA and each dealership will get at least one. The bigger dealerships may get more. A percentage of the ISFs will be reserved for execs. I asked him at least 3 times, "are you positive the count will be 500?" YES was the answere each time.

I put my deposit down after the third yes.

Good Luck everyone!
Old 08-27-07, 06:42 AM
vip3r1850
Driver

Rallye Lexus in Glen Cove, NY has had my deposit for a month now
Old 09-01-07, 11:25 PM
RanGer498
Lead Lap

getting rid of my M3 for this car when it comes out
Old 09-02-07, 09:46 AM
CrazyMPG
Phat Monkey

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

placed a deposit recently...i think i am 16th on the list at Longo Lexus...heh...took awhile to put it down on the IS-F...although I already had the $500 deposit laying around at lexus for almost 2 years...was gonna get the gs450h...but decided to wait...haha.. Probably gonna be awhile b4 I get mine...oh well...
Old 09-06-07, 01:35 PM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Received 55 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by ItsSoFire
i agree... that rumor about only 1000 bein produced is probably referring to the LF-A... is the IS-F is gonna hav any chance of survival it has to be produced at a high capacity or at least a capacity that will b similar to that of the M3 and BMW is gonna make dam sure that M3 is available everywher... and think about it... lets say they do produce only 1000 once they r all gon wut r people gonna do??? wait for somebody to sell thers? hell no they r gonna go buy the closet thing to it... an M3... only producing 1000 is a bad business decision
I just read somewhere very recently (i can not remember where, it may even be on this site. I will find it later) that they plan selling around 4,000 a year (give or take a grand).

EDIT: Found article...

One until-now unmentioned number that emerged, however, is sales projections for the IS-F in North America of 300-400 IS-Fs a month, or 3600-4800 a year.
http://my.is/forums/f43/red-white-bl...merica-339065/

Last edited by GFerg; 09-06-07 at 01:40 PM.