IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Why the Michelin Pilot Super Sport is the best tire currently for the ISF

Old 04-21-15, 08:52 AM
chris6878
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

too bad I just got a nail or something through one of mine.....then just my luck, they are on backorder nationwide in my size.......
Old 04-21-15, 09:16 AM
kauaian
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I have been waiting for almost 2 months for some 275/30/19.
Old 04-21-15, 10:34 AM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

wow whats up with all of the back order stuff. I just walk into to discount and they had the oem sizes in the wherehouse and had 2 of the 4 actually there at the shop. I guess the oem sizes are more plentiful .
Old 04-21-15, 10:39 AM
Quadrphnia
Advanced

Received 132 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by SoulFreak
Thanks for the advice! How did you do with the M235i? Did you myth bust TFL's unfair review?...lol
Quite well actually. Was coming back from the airport and I noticed I had a tail. Of course, I knew it was a bimmer because of the headlights. We both took off going about 50 and he couldn't keep up. Then we got to a light and I took him hard off the line (with full brake-torqued prep) & had a car length on him, but that's where the pull stopped and we remained constant.

We then got to another light. This is where I assume he engaged launch control because he took off like a bullet. Like a GTR. It was amazing. Creamed me off the line. Destroyed me. I made up that 6 car length quickly though and pulled on him again. This all went on for about 5 minutes. It was a war. He soon turned, and we flashed lights of respect at one another. Good dude.
Old 04-21-15, 12:24 PM
SoulFreak
Instructor

Received 36 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Quadrphnia
Quite well actually. Was coming back from the airport and I noticed I had a tail. Of course, I knew it was a bimmer because of the headlights. We both took off going about 50 and he couldn't keep up. Then we got to a light and I took him hard off the line (with full brake-torqued prep) & had a car length on him, but that's where the pull stopped and we remained constant.

We then got to another light. This is where I assume he engaged launch control because he took off like a bullet. Like a GTR. It was amazing. Creamed me off the line. Destroyed me. I made up that 6 car length quickly though and pulled on him again. This all went on for about 5 minutes. It was a war. He soon turned, and we flashed lights of respect at one another. Good dude.
Awesome! Story! Are you completely stock?
Old 04-21-15, 01:49 PM
juanmedina
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So is this only for 100% stock cars?

I am running a square setup and I have 255/40/18's right now and they suck...

Will i be able to get the 30k mile warranty?

Thanks
Old 04-21-15, 02:00 PM
Quadrphnia
Advanced

Received 132 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by SoulFreak
Awesome! Story! Are you completely stock?
Bone stock besides a K&N Intake and a few cosmetic mods. =)
Old 04-21-15, 03:27 PM
roswell
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes the 275/30/19 are hot items. I also waited 2 months last year to get my set.
Old 04-21-15, 04:37 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

I just had the share the info since some thought I wouldnt be able to get the tire replaced under warranty. Well it did !! Great news and the manager who did it was NOT one of my patients lol

Last edited by I8ABMR; 04-21-15 at 11:25 PM.
Old 04-21-15, 04:48 PM
LexyISF
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I couldn't care less about the warranty on them, the PSS is just a great tire! I got the 245/275 PSS on my IS-F and I love them. They are wearing fantastic, and have very nice grip. Much better tyre than the Bridgestone RE050A that came stock on my car.
Old 04-21-15, 11:30 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by LexyISF
I couldn't care less about the warranty on them, the PSS is just a great tire! I got the 245/275 PSS on my IS-F and I love them. They are wearing fantastic, and have very nice grip. Much better tyre than the Bridgestone RE050A that came stock on my car.
We know. Nobody is denying that. Just a cherry on top that it comes with a warranty that nobody knows about and nobody is using. If they had no warranty I would still buy simply because the best. Like I said its just a cherry on top that they will guarantee that , even with skinny 255's fighting all that power and torque, we will get at least 15k. Never heard of a number one rated summer tire that came with a wear guarantee
Old 04-22-15, 09:49 AM
BLexodus
Pole Position

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

Most tires have a similar warranty.

Several years ago a shop convinced me to go with their new Kuhmos with a 60k warranty on my ES that were half the price of the Michelins. I was at the wear bars by 30k, and I got 50% of the purchase price back towards new tires, and the shop let me apply that to Michelins.

From the guy at the tire shop, most tire companies require an inspection to make sure tread wear is even and there aren't modifications or faulty suspension parts causing the excessive wear. If all checks out, you get approved within a few minutes. Tire companies love to advertise the tread wear warranty when they sell the tires, but very few people actually cash in on it.
Old 04-22-15, 11:56 AM
STLblueF
Pole Position

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by BLexodus
Most tires have a similar warranty.

Several years ago a shop convinced me to go with their new Kuhmos with a 60k warranty on my ES that were half the price of the Michelins. I was at the wear bars by 30k, and I got 50% of the purchase price back towards new tires, and the shop let me apply that to Michelins.

From the guy at the tire shop, most tire companies require an inspection to make sure tread wear is even and there aren't modifications or faulty suspension parts causing the excessive wear. If all checks out, you get approved within a few minutes. Tire companies love to advertise the tread wear warranty when they sell the tires, but very few people actually cash in on it.
The tire shops seem stingy with the warranties only because they have to send in all of the warrantied tires back and the MFR will often deny the claim if the tire doesn't meet all the qualifications. That leaves the tire shop holding the bag for the amount you get off the new set you buy.
Old 04-22-15, 12:53 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,813 Likes on 1,280 Posts

^^^^Depends on the tire shop. I8ABMR happened to buy his tires from, IMHO, the best tire chain in the business, Discount Tire.

When I became much less than satisfied with my Continental DWs due to an extreme road sing. Discount Tire came to the rescue. I had over 10K miles on my set and had bought them 19 months before. The folks at Continental Tire, were of no help at all, they in essence told me to take a hike.

I went to back to Discount Tire, told them my story and they promptly gave me a full refund, yes a FULL refund of my purchase price when I traded up to my current set of Bridgestone S-04s. My 245/285 S-04 are, IMO, still a Great tire on the ISF.

I would never consider buying a tire anywhere else, and all of my family and friends are Discount Tire customers.

Lou
Old 04-22-15, 01:11 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by flowrider
^^^^Depends on the tire shop. I8ABMR happened to buy his tires from, IMHO, the best tire chain in the business, Discount Tire.

When I became much less than satisfied with my Continental DWs due to an extreme road sing. Discount Tire came to the rescue. I had over 10K miles on my set and had bought them 19 months before. The folks at Continental Tire, were of no help at all, they in essence told me to take a hike.

I went to back to Discount Tire, told them my story and they promptly gave me a full refund, yes a FULL refund of my purchase price when I traded up to my current set of Bridgestone S-04s. My 245/285 S-04 are, IMO, still a Great tire on the ISF.

I would never consider buying a tire anywhere else, and all of my family and friends are Discount Tire customers.

Lou

Lou's is absolutely right. Youd have to be nuts not to buy from them. The service is amazing and they always make sure everyone is happy

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Why the Michelin Pilot Super Sport is the best tire currently for the ISF