IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Recall work

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-15, 12:02 PM
UCrazyKid
Lexus Test Driver

Received 38 Likes on 33 Posts
Default Recall work

Has anyone received the notification for the fuel line connector recall on an ISF? I read about it in the media but have not received the notice yet.
I did receive the cooling fan bolts recall and will be taking it in for that shortly.

Thanks,
Andy
Old 01-12-15, 12:17 PM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 668 Likes on 590 Posts

I got a mail for it.

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
Old 01-12-15, 03:28 PM
J2K
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^^^^ +1.........
Old 01-12-15, 05:40 PM
Rickna
Racer

Received 231 Likes on 160 Posts

When I brought mine in for the radiator fastener fix I talked to them about this. They said a fix should be available in Jan. Uh, it is Jan...
Old 01-12-15, 06:45 PM
EpikOEM
Rookie

I just took my car into the dealership for all the recalls. They will take care of the ones that have a remedy.
Old 01-12-15, 08:42 PM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

I haven't received the fuel line recall. I tried waiting long enough to have it already available in the system so that I can have all the recalls done at once, but considering my extended warranty is set to expire soon, I'll just be going in for the new water pump, cooling fan, and wiper nut services.
Old 01-12-15, 08:46 PM
Fsport2UR
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just had my ISF serviced at the Lexus dealer for the fan recall over the weekend. They told me there is no fix available as of now for the fuel line recall. But they will call me as soon as they get the fix.
Old 01-13-15, 10:52 AM
ISFngU
Rookie

Originally Posted by Rickna
When I brought mine in for the radiator fastener fix I talked to them about this. They said a fix should be available in Jan. Uh, it is Jan...
Yah...I spoke with my buddy/advisor I believe in Dec and he said late Jan-Feb. I am waiting for the remedy to do everything at once.
Old 01-13-15, 11:50 AM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

I was at the dealer like an hour ago with a dead battery and the SA told me just to wait until both campaigns are ready and do them both at the same time.
Old 01-14-15, 09:43 AM
RedlineISF
Rookie

Just received email from my dealer stating they have part in stock for Fuel Pressure Sensor seal. Plan on dropping off the car this week.

Everyone should start hearing from dealers now that they have begun to stock replacement parts.
Old 01-14-15, 11:22 AM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,849 Likes on 2,334 Posts

Originally Posted by RedlineISF
Just received email from my dealer stating they have part in stock for Fuel Pressure Sensor seal. Plan on dropping off the car this week.

Everyone should start hearing from dealers now that they have begun to stock replacement parts.
That's interesting. There are no technical instructions posted on TIS yet. Normally they have the dealer letter (which is there) and technical instructions for the fix when they are ready to execute.
Old 01-17-15, 10:16 PM
SoCalISF
Lead Lap

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

I am assuming all years of the F are affected by the Fuel Pressure Sensor seal recall, as the discovery of the issue is relatively recent, and therefore probably no revision was made during the seven year production run?
Old 01-17-15, 10:23 PM
kiryu
Pit Crew

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

DO NOT GO IN LEXUS OF GLENDALE, CA FOR RECALL

I did my engine fan recall and I believe my car was driven more than 12 miles after the service plus got half the avg mpg
I only saw it after i read the printout at home

Old 01-19-15, 06:52 AM
RedlineISF
Rookie

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
That's interesting. There are no technical instructions posted on TIS yet. Normally they have the dealer letter (which is there) and technical instructions for the fix when they are ready to execute.
Correct, after speaking with dealer again they said they do not have fix for fuel pressure seal yet. Email I recieved was actually for a new radiator, (which was already installed because I took another F's part at the time and the one dealer ordered for me had not come in yet) however at the time I originally posted I thought it was for the fuel pressure sensor. Email just said "Your special ordered part has now arrived at Newport Lexus, please contact parts department." We should see a fix soon but for now they could not provide an ETA.
Old 02-12-15, 08:14 AM
mattbeeezy
Lead Lap

Received 35 Likes on 20 Posts

Hate to bring this up again, but I just verified my VIN on the toyota recall website and there is NOW a remedy for my fuel pressure sensor "ELF". Anyone get theirs done yet?

Last edited by mattbeeezy; 02-12-15 at 12:25 PM.

Quick Reply: Recall work