Dashcam video - Revving engine

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-14, 08:40 AM
itsmike177
Advanced

Received 45 Likes on 33 Posts
Default Dashcam video - Revving engine

Hello,

Took the ISF in for service and the dashcam captured the "car porter" not the technician revving the engine when parking it. Just checking if this occurred with your car, would it be enough to file a complaint with the dealership as abuse?

All the other videos of the technician working on the car captured ZERO abuse, so props to him for respecting other people's property.

Old 08-23-14, 09:17 AM
Defratos
Racer

Received 69 Likes on 43 Posts

personally I wouldn't mind too much unless the engine was cold but tbh seems like he liked the car more than abused it.
Old 08-23-14, 09:25 AM
RCB
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

He barely even revved it. LOL
I was expecting to see it being bounced off the rev limiter. Personally, I would feel foolish complaining about that.
Old 08-23-14, 09:28 AM
rselby
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

abuse! ...no way....seemed like the guy just liked the way the exhaust sounds !
Old 08-23-14, 09:33 AM
Quadrphnia
Advanced

Received 132 Likes on 86 Posts

Mildly irritating, but I'm with the rest of the posters. No biggie.

What model cam is that?
Old 08-23-14, 09:42 AM
itsmike177
Advanced

Received 45 Likes on 33 Posts

Dashcam is Lukas LK7900. Over one year now, no issues at all.

Thanks for the responses, I drive the car harder than what he did in the 10 seconds anyway.

Originally Posted by Quadrphnia
Mildly irritating, but I'm with the rest of the posters. No biggie.

What model cam is that?
Old 08-23-14, 09:48 AM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Received 144 Likes on 119 Posts

that would **** me off. its the principle .
Old 08-23-14, 09:49 AM
joshv06
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wouldn't complain. Take it as a compliment, Exhaust sounds nice.
Old 08-23-14, 10:00 AM
2GSKaizen
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah I see the point, but sounds like he kept it below 3000 rpm or so. I was also expecting this guy was going to let it bounce off the rev limiter. And he was driving the car before, so it wasn't cold. I would let it slide. This is one of those deals where the guy would come in and complain that the porter "abused" his car, and that same guy would flog the crap out of the car on the way home and see that as "use" not "abuse".
Old 08-23-14, 10:18 AM
Mrd916
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yea that was some serious "abuse" of ur car. File a complaint? Come on dude ur being ridiculous. Young kid who prob just really liked ur car which is a compliment to u simply revs it up a few times and now u feel violated?
Old 08-23-14, 11:24 AM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by ISFPOWER
that would **** me off. its the principle .
My thoughts exactly. While there really isn't much that can be done with this situation, we've seen what happens when owners trust certain people to drive and transport their cars. A little revving might seem harmless, but it's certainly not in this guy's job description. I'm just glad it's wasn't like he was testing out how loud the exhaust was by taking tight turns in the parking lot, losing control, and fishtailing into a column. We've all see that before, and truthfully that is no different, at least not to me, than revving someone else's car for no reason. It's not part of their duty or job at all, and they're thinking no one will find out. Glad the dashcam recorded it in case he were to try anything else.
Old 08-23-14, 11:59 AM
yjk1975
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Come on don't be a douche.
Old 08-23-14, 12:07 PM
dannyk8232
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

IMO - Will filing a complaint get you anything? Probably bupkus

But, yep! This would **** me off, and if it bothers you enough you can always tell the service/sales rep you have a camera in your car and didn't entrust it to that dealership so they could pretend it's theirs and **** with it.

On one hand, it's pretty minor in the grand scheme of things. However, what would this same guy do the next time you bring your car in and you hand him your key? And would that make you lose sleep at night? If so, I would bring it up just to make a point. Then I would never take my business to that dealership again.
Old 08-23-14, 12:11 PM
sleepyray
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

we all love our car. In this video i really don't see any abuse here. it looks like he just admire your car and want to hear the exhaust. IMO, file a compiant and report just because of this just going to make yourself look like an A-hole either trying to try to get some free service or get people fire... and it defintly going to leave a bad mark for yourself everytime you bring your car in for service...

if you really don't like any one at the dealership 'mess' with your car.... I suggest it's probably a better idea to let them know you have a dash cam that will turn on everytime the car starts. Therefore they won't do anything might upset you. just my two cents.
Old 08-23-14, 12:13 PM
dannyk8232
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by sleepyray
we all love our car. In this video i really don't see any abuse here. it looks like he just admire your car and want to hear the exhaust. IMO, file a compiant and report just because of this just going to make yourself look like an A-hole either trying to try to get some free service or get people fire... and it defintly going to leave a bad mark for yourself everytime you bring your car in for service...

if you really don't like any one at the dealership 'mess' with your car.... I suggest it's probably a better idea to let them know you have a dash cam that will turn on everytime the car starts. Therefore they won't do anything might upset you. just my two cents.
Exactly...

If it were me, I'd mention it to the sales rep casually and gauge his/her response before deciding to bring it in again or go to a different shop.

At the end of the day, you spent a great deal of cashish on the F and mechanics/valets/etc. (ESP at a Lex dealership) should absolutely treat it with 100% respect while doing the job you're paying a premium for.

Quick Reply: Dashcam video - Revving engine