IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Which rotors???

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-14, 06:34 PM
LexusISF19
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which rotors???

Hi everyone i have a set of Extra Brembo front and rear pads with new shims etc... Im at 35k miles now with stock brakes i was wondering should i sell these brembo pads and get stoptech brakes and rotors? Dont wanna spend 1,000 on stock rotors . Or is there a good setup with aftermarket rotors + oem brembo pads? Thanks
Old 07-06-14, 06:42 PM
MK4Sup_isF
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Why not get Racing Brake 2 piece rotors, 7 lbs lighter each front corners and 4.5 rear corners. I love mine. The car is so much more responsive now. A bit pricey but they last way longer than stock, plus they don't get hairline crack when tracked hard! Racing Brake front pads are also amazing. Low dust and bite say harder than stock
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/2ge...rners-new.html
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...s-awesome.html
Old 07-07-14, 02:08 PM
itsmike177
Advanced

Received 45 Likes on 33 Posts

Since you are at 35k miles on stock pads and rotors, it's a given you will not require the $1200 Racing brake 2piece front rotors.... If one has the budget and tracks their car hardcore, yeah, I can see the advantage.

DIY OEM parts (Pads + Rotors + Shims) will be as you expected, ~$1000-1100 total.

You could go Centric Rotors which are ~$100 each. But honestly, if you're paying $100 for a non OEM rotor, you could go $150 each for an OEM Brembo rotor. Going up to $600/rotor for the Racing Brake 2 piece is obviously a stretch...
Old 07-07-14, 03:00 PM
Nate008
Pole Position

I got a set of Adams Rotors last year. I bought them because they had a crazy sale and couldn't pass it up lol. I will probably get them mounted here in the coming months but I have seen nothing but good things to say regarding the quality of them. I def love all the options for the style of the rotor and they aren't too expensive IMO.

http://www.adamsrotors.com/71821/0/0/128/lex-isf-2008-lexus-is-f.html
Old 07-07-14, 05:01 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,849 Likes on 2,334 Posts

We've seen Adams here before.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...nt-rotors.html

I'd ask Lou what he thinks now.
Old 07-07-14, 07:45 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,829 Likes on 1,291 Posts

Lance you're trying to get me in trouble with the mods again. Anyway I posted the following in January of this year in another thread:

Originally Posted by lowrideraz
I hesitate to mention the rotors I am using, because the seller, Adams Rotors, is a forum sponsor. I had issues with the paint he used on the hats, the paint pealed and flaked badly while I was bedding them in. Also, IMHO, his customer service is very poor as is the packaging method he uses when shipping. He took exception to my review, and since he is a sponsor, the moderators sided with him. The rotors themselves are fine with very good performance when coupled with the Ferodo pads. If you use them, I don't recommend you have the hats painted.

Lou
The rotors are still working very well and have worn well. I am still in luv with my Ferodo Pads, IMHO th best pad you can put on the ISF. The paint issue is less of a problem because the hats are now coated with self sticking debris. But, I still stand by what I said originally and what I again said earlier this year.

Lou

Last edited by flowrider; 07-07-14 at 07:50 PM.
Old 07-07-14, 07:48 PM
jleonard71
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I have the Raybestos rotors and have been very happy with them. I don't track my car but I do drive it pretty aggressively on the streets, and they have performed great so far in the 2 years I've had them. The fronts are about $104/ea and the rears $64/ea. Not too much cheaper than the Brembos ($130 rear/$111 front) but the performance is comparable on the streets so why pay more?

Last edited by jleonard71; 07-07-14 at 07:51 PM.
Old 07-08-14, 02:30 AM
9aristo
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

+1 for the raybestos.

However, I am using the factory Jurid pads. Had ceramics for a while, but the clamping force feels better on the stock pads. Gotta rinse dust off the wheels every other day though.
Old 07-08-14, 10:14 AM
SpeedFreaksUSA
Former Sponsor

Received 52 Likes on 36 Posts

It sounds like you're looking for a good, affordable street setup for your car. As far as rotors- Centrics or Raybestos aren't at all a bad way to go and its not really worth spending more if you're not driving the car really aggressively (hard street use and especially track use). Brake pads will have the largest impact on how the car feels under braking, so you'll want to put a good set of street pads on. Many people like the initial bite and overall torque of the OEM IS-F pads but hate the dust. Typically you have to sacrifice performance for a low dusting pad or vice versa but the Project Mu NS and NS400 have proven that you can have your cake and eat it too! The are a street only pad that produces very little dust while still maintaining a strong initial bite and friction levels that everyone enjoys so much. The NS400 are also very reasonably priced.

Other popular street pads are the Carbotech 1521 compound and Stoptech Street Performance.

We carry all of the above and even have a "economical" package deal that comes with centric rotors and the street pads of your choice.

Here are some links for you:
Project Mu NS400 (front)
Project Mu NS400 (rear)
Carbotech 1521 (front)
Carbotech 1521 (rear)
Lexus IS-F Front Economical Daily Driver Brake Package
Lexus IS-F Rear Economical Daily Driver Brake Package

Please let me know if I can help with anything!

-Matt M.
Old 07-08-14, 10:34 AM
adamsrotors
Former Sponsor

let us know where we can help...email us ANY questions you may have.

you can also read more about AR, what we do, and how we do it here: www.adamsrotors.com/info
you'll also notice some very helpful/informative frequently asked questions listed too!
Old 07-09-14, 09:25 AM
LexusISF19
Driver

Thanks for all the responses, im definitely going to just put the OEM brembo pads on but whats the best rotor here with the brembo pads? I drive pretty aggresive. Thx
Old 07-09-14, 09:41 AM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,829 Likes on 1,291 Posts

^^^^Rotors and Pads are not a matched set. You have 2 forum sponsors posting here offering to help. Contact one or both of them. I have done business with both firms, and I can tell you that the Speed-Freaks folks are great to deal with and will go out of their way to help you. They now sell rotors in different price ranges. Any will work well with the OEM Pads.

In retrospect, I wish I had gotten my rotors from them. I did get my Ferodo Pads from them, however.

However, I tend to drive aggressively, and when I replaced my rotors, I didn't want to go with drilled ones, because I've seen hairline cracks on some when used at the track. IMO, slotted are the way to go. Lexus must agree, because the new RCF now has slotted rotors.

And, whatever you do, after installation be sure to properly bed them in. This step is Super Important.

Lou
Old 07-09-14, 10:09 AM
adamsrotors
Former Sponsor

we offer a few very unique pattern exclusive to AR, 3 versions that utilizes a double slot...it pairs great with aggressive/spirited drives and like pad compound.

here's one of them:

we have a 13+ pattern catalog, fully made-to-order and offer 3 zinc finishes, 5 hub coatings, and great pad AN line pages, something you also may way to consider...

the link above or in our signature takes us to our site where you can read, browse, and shop.
Old 07-09-14, 09:46 PM
LexusISF19
Driver

Adam how much for four?
Old 07-10-14, 10:45 AM
adamsrotors
Former Sponsor

our brand new webstore now has your application's pricing & options loaded for you LexusISF19!

have a look by selecting your vehicle from the drop down menus: www.adamsrotors.com

if you have any other questions, please let us know VIA EMAIL!
thanks
-a

Quick Reply: Which rotors???