IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Lexus Dealer takes a joyride in my ISF... Dashcam ;)

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-14, 09:45 PM
kdm
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OP's calm demeanor is highly commendable. I don't think I'd be able to be so composed and collected if this happened to me.

And getting a dash cam ASAP!
Old 01-03-14, 12:35 AM
Boma
Lead Lap

I agree with the usage of dash cams as I have one myself (1st gen Blackvue) but I'd also have to agree to be mindful of local laws pertaining to recording video/audio without prior notice or consent, let alone posting them online for the entire world to see. Perhaps blurring out identifying features (faces, name tags, etc) would be a safe option in such cases, but it all boils down to what is acceptable to interpretations of local law.

Although I do have to say that dude's unusual coughing/hacking at the end was totally uncalled for!
Old 01-03-14, 04:50 AM
WillRockwe
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Props to you for handling this issue in a way that adds respect to F owners as a group. I can just hear an M3 owner ranting at the dealer.
Since your dashcam is automatic, recording when the car is turned on, I don't see how it could be demonstrated that you had intent to violate someone's privacy. Also, someone in YOUR car without permission has no expectation of privacy.
Old 01-03-14, 09:21 AM
cremaster
Lead Lap

Received 70 Likes on 35 Posts

yeah, i agree w/ the above. driving someone else's car esp on public roads, has no expectation of privacy in my opinion. hence why you can't have sex or pleasure yourself in your vehicle or any other vehicle, 'in public.'
Old 01-03-14, 09:50 AM
ISFnICT
Driver School Candidate

Andrew looks like you are from the KCK area?

Twoputt what about you?

My forum name kind of give away that I am down in Wichita. I've only ever seen one other ISF around here, an USB one.

Andrew. I agree you handled the situation very well. I would certainly be tempted to allow my foot to get a little heavy if I got to drive something out of the ordinary. I would like to think I could resist because I wouldn't want anyone doing it to my car.

I am also looking for a dash-cam now. There are several good ideas in this thread.

~Joe
Old 01-03-14, 03:14 PM
Roffles
Pit Crew

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by silverlexg
Like i said guys - Its not really my thing to demand thousands of dollars of compensation - or demand someone lose there job. Its easy to get worked up about someone abusing your car - it very easily could have been a video of him wrecking the car or worse. I'm sure everyone involved is glad it isnt either.

I think the compensation is fair - they arent out a bunch of money and I'm not a jerk about shaming them online - It just doesnt pay to be a 'that guy' and I'm sure the dealership appreciates it too.

-Andrew
I understand your stance, but the guy who did that to your car clearly has no integrity.... an essential quality you must possess to be trusted with other people's valued possessions. People with no integrity don't learn lessons. Getting off with a suspension probably makes him think he can get away with it again. He has no business driving other peoples cars and therefor does not belong in the automotive business. It's a shame the guy still has a job.
Old 01-03-14, 05:20 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,816 Likes on 1,282 Posts

^^^^You're right of course. But, IMO, the real question is would you or any of use here, trust this douche with our cars, or for that matter with anything of value that we own? Today, tomorrow or ever?

I think I know everybody's answer

The only thing that get's to these guys is FEAR

Lou
Old 01-03-14, 08:41 PM
ming15237
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by lowrideraz
^^^^You're right of course. But, IMO, the real question is would you or any of use here, trust this douche with our cars, or for that matter with anything of value that we own? Today, tomorrow or ever?

I think I know everybody's answer

The only thing that get's to these guys is FEAR

Lou
I could not agree more Lou! If I ever found one of my tech's or any other employee abusing a customers vehicle in this manner they would be terminated NO QUESTIONS ASKED! The financial risk that this employee put the OP and the dealer at is incredible. Not to mention the potential damage to the OP's vehicle. I completely understand that some people are clearly "non confirmation a individuals" such as the OP clearly is, however this employee has clearly shown that he is NOT a trustworthy individual.
Old 01-04-14, 04:03 AM
WillRockwe
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I suppose we could send emails to the dealership, letting them know how F owners feel about employees ****ing with our cars.
Old 01-05-14, 06:45 AM
chris6878
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

damn im late, how can I see the video?
Old 01-05-14, 08:36 AM
CaptAwsm
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by twoputtpar
Sure, here's the keys.

That being said, I didn't say what he did was ok. But if that had happened with one of my vehicles from a dealership I would have done the same thing the OP did. I wouldn't have expected much other than the kid getting disciplined. The video they have now and the dealership showing it to their employees will serve them pretty well.
3 posts ever and only on this thread.. I doubt it is coincidence he is from the same area as the dealership and has been the only one to contradict the general feelings of this thread..
Old 01-05-14, 03:05 PM
BluISF
Rookie

Originally Posted by kdm
OP's calm demeanor is highly commendable. I don't think I'd be able to be so composed and collected if this happened to me.

And getting a dash cam ASAP!
Agree. Nice work op.
Old 01-05-14, 03:09 PM
BluISF
Rookie

Originally Posted by chris6878
damn im late, how can I see the video?
Close your eyes and tap your heels together three times
Old 01-06-14, 05:02 AM
chris6878
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by BluISF
Close your eyes and tap your heels together three times
tried that twice, still didnt work
Old 01-06-14, 10:16 AM
kdm
Pole Position

Anyone actually getting a dash cam after reading this thread..? Seriously considering getting a dash cam over a radar detector!

Quick Reply: Lexus Dealer takes a joyride in my ISF... Dashcam ;)