IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

PLEASE HELP!! Stolen wheels. Linea Corse Dynas powder-coated gray.

Old 11-13-13, 07:48 PM
CCJ22
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jcoon350
This guy is really desperate to get rid of the rims. He has made 12 Craiglist's ads so far.
Links to said ads? I'm surprised they no one has tracked the IP of said post on craigslist
Old 11-14-13, 12:26 AM
SPoon22
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bass Mech
so what was the outcome? did they catch the guy? is he still selling wheels?
I have updated the detective who was assigned to this case and told him that the suspect was still attempting to sell the wheels. He never responded so I am not sure what is going on. The suspect has been identified yet no arrest has been made. What the deuce?!?!!!!
Old 11-14-13, 06:14 AM
vbb

Received 197 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by SPoon22
I have updated the detective who was assigned to this case and told him that the suspect was still attempting to sell the wheels. He never responded so I am not sure what is going on. The suspect has been identified yet no arrest has been made. What the deuce?!?!!!!
Stolen property is generally speaking a very low priority for most police departments. In order to do this the right way, they'd have to set up an undercover buy with the guy, by having a detective communicate with the kid and set up a purchase price and location, and then sending a plain-clothes detective out there to complete the buy. He'll also need at least one officer as backup to observe the purchase and watch his back. Once the purchase is made, then the burden will shift to the cops/prosecutor to prove that the seller knew or should have known the property was stolen at the time he possessed it. While it seems obvious the punk kid knew what was going on, a good defense attorney will be able to show that the state can't prove his guy stole the wheels and didn't even know they were stolen. He could say "I bought them cheap off of some random guy and now I'm trying to resell them for profit" and it'd be hard to show otherwise.

The cops know that it's going to take time and resources to catch the guy and then a successful prosecution of the guy is no sure bet. Offering him a "deal" to a lesser charge is what they're hoping for, because that means he pleads guilty, but if he decides to fight it the whole way the state has a tough case.

So in short, they don't really care that much about catching this guy. I hope you've already gotten your insurance money for this so you can replace the wheels and get your car fixed.
Old 11-14-13, 07:03 AM
Bass Mech
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by SPoon22
if the cops are of no help why not get some protection, and a couple friends. make arrangements to buy the wheels and when he shows up with them simply steal them back?
at least you'll get your wheels back!
at least he will know that you know who his is, and if you have to show your weapon so be it, maybe he will think 2x before stealing your wheels again.

if it were me, i would tell the cops that you intend to go recover your stolen wheels and will be taking your gun with you, where you plan to meet the guy and ill bet you they take interest in that!
Old 11-14-13, 07:07 AM
MisterSkiz
Racer

Received 90 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by Bass Mech
if the cops are of no help why not get some protection, and a couple friends. make arrangements to buy the wheels and when he shows up with them simply steal them back?
at least you'll get your wheels back!
at least he will know that you know who his is, and if you have to show your weapon so be it, maybe he will think 2x before stealing your wheels again.

if it were me, i would tell the cops that you intend to go recover your stolen wheels and will be taking your gun with you, where you plan to meet the guy and ill bet you they take interest in that!
Amen.

I would bring all my firearms with me and shove a gun in his face. "Steal" my stuff back, what is he going to do? Call the cops?
Old 11-14-13, 07:52 AM
vbb

Sticking a gun in someone's face over some rims?

Nah.
Old 11-14-13, 08:09 AM
MisterSkiz
Racer

Originally Posted by vbb
Sticking a gun in someone's face over some rims?

Nah.
BRB Stealing your wheels. :P
Old 11-14-13, 08:11 AM
vbb

Originally Posted by MisterSkiz
BRB Stealing your wheels. :P
I'm a proud gun owner and have pretty good training. One thing I learned is that you don't pull a gun unless you're prepared to shoot. I'm not prepared to shoot someone over my rims. Have at it. I've got great insurance.
Old 11-14-13, 08:27 AM
DCoolBeans
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If you don't stand up for something you will fall for anything
Old 11-14-13, 09:03 AM
zapa
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

VBB if you don't mind driving over to my house sometime so I can steal your rims that would be great. Your insurance company would then just give you the money to buy new rims. Sounds like a win win to me...
Old 11-14-13, 09:39 AM
dannyk8232
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Just to chime in...I'm not a fan of the gun idea at all.

And who's to say the reckless criminal isn't packing as well?
Old 11-14-13, 09:46 AM
MisterSkiz
Racer

Originally Posted by dannyk8232
Just to chime in...I'm not a fan of the gun idea at all.

And who's to say the reckless criminal isn't packing as well?
That's why you shove it in the face first, preferably in his mouth knocking some teeth out.
Old 11-14-13, 09:53 AM
dannyk8232
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by MisterSkiz
That's why you shove it in the face first, preferably in his mouth knocking some teeth out.
Hey, I'd like to too, and I'm not even involved!

But there's probably very little upside in confronting somebody with nothing to lose.
Old 11-14-13, 10:07 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,117 Likes on 1,292 Posts

Guys lets move off the internet thugging with threats of violence discussion please and back to trying to help the OP get his wheels back or some legal restitution approach
Old 11-14-13, 10:27 AM
iH8RICERZ
Racer

Received 210 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by vbb
I'm a proud gun owner and have pretty good training. One thing I learned is that you don't pull a gun unless you're prepared to shoot. I'm not prepared to shoot someone over my rims. Have at it. I've got great insurance.
The TRUTH right here! Well put...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: PLEASE HELP!! Stolen wheels. Linea Corse Dynas powder-coated gray.