IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

ISF- What rims should i go with?

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-13, 12:46 PM
kauaian
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Check out what CCW has to offer! I have always liked Forgestars F14. Weds also makes a decently priced light weight forged wheel. Let us know what you decide on!
Old 09-18-13, 08:16 PM
Bostonian1
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MK4Sup_isF
Lol Pat doesn't want you to look like his!

You can order from the vendor on this board. Get F14! What do you want in term of looks, mild or agressive flush? I can help you with figuring out offset that fit your need.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/clu...flow-form.html

LOL! I'm leaning more towards the aggressive, performance rims. I really like the hre wheels but I'm trying to find someone who wants to sell theirs! what do you think? should i go with the hre?
Old 09-18-13, 08:45 PM
roswell
Pole Position

HRE P40SC in brushed & tinted clear = Game over lol

Seriously, I got a set of HRE on my C63 & the finish is flawless.. Expensive but they are worth every penny. Their customer service is as perfect as the quality of their wheels.

I went with Volks G25 in dark grey & prism clear on the ISF cuz I wanted something different in a lightweight forged wheels.. Hope I won't be disappointed when I receive them.
Old 09-18-13, 08:58 PM
MK4Sup_isF
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Bostonian1
LOL! I'm leaning more towards the aggressive, performance rims. I really like the hre wheels but I'm trying to find someone who wants to sell theirs! what do you think? should i go with the hre?
Go HRE if you can. They are a bit expensive for me. You can even go with RSV forged. They have many extremely beautiful super concave designs. If I'm going to order new wheels, they will be my next set of wheels
Old 09-18-13, 11:14 PM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by roswell
HRE P40SC in brushed & tinted clear = Game over lol

Seriously, I got a set of HRE on my C63 & the finish is flawless.. Expensive but they are worth every penny. Their customer service is as perfect as the quality of their wheels.

I went with Volks G25 in dark grey & prism clear on the ISF cuz I wanted something different in a lightweight forged wheels.. Hope I won't be disappointed when I receive them.
HRE does have some really nice designs, but well worth the price for customization. The Volk Racing G25 was something that really stood out to me. Simple and clean, but adds a little more detail to the car itself, which I always like. I'm with you bro...waiting for these G25s has been brutal!

To the OP, you pretty much can't go wrong with any wheel. Everything seemingly looks nice on the F and complements the car nicely. But definitely do the research with regards to offsets and brake clearance, as well as find the tire size you ideally want to run. That should definitely help narrow your choices down. Best of luck!
Old 09-18-13, 11:56 PM
kdm
Pole Position

I really wonder how the HRE P101's look on an ISF.
Old 09-19-13, 05:54 AM
Lets Drive
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by bnizzle87
The Volk Racing G25 was something that really stood out to me. Simple and clean, but adds a little more detail to the car itself, which I always like. I'm with you bro...waiting for these G25s has been brutal!
But well worth it! They represent a nice drop in weight over the stockers and are a nice quality wheel. Which color did you go with?

Bostonian1,

If you can, I'd definitely try to put up a bit extra to get something which satisfies both your aesthetic and performance needs. Buy once, cry once....otherwise, you may kick yourself, later.
Old 09-19-13, 06:27 AM
durps
Lead Lap

Ssr SP3s! Mmmm.
Old 09-19-13, 07:13 AM
MKIV98TT
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Your stock wheels are forged made by BBS, one of the most high end wheel companies in the world. If you're going to remove them go with something good that fits your high end import. I recommend ADV1, Work, HRE, Rays, etc. Don't replace your forged BBS wheels for some over priced cast Vossens.
Old 09-19-13, 01:32 PM
darbs242
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Call Strasse or ADV1, Rays...
Old 09-19-13, 07:24 PM
dannyk8232
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Just got my 08 today...has 20" Incurve IC-S5's

ISF- What rims should i go with?-small-copy.jpg
Old 09-20-13, 12:13 AM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by Shinobi-X
But well worth it! They represent a nice drop in weight over the stockers and are a nice quality wheel. Which color did you go with?

Bostonian1,

If you can, I'd definitely try to put up a bit extra to get something which satisfies both your aesthetic and performance needs. Buy once, cry once....otherwise, you may kick yourself, later.
Shinobi-X- I went with the new Prism Dark Silver finish. I wanted something that had color without taking away from the wheel itself and the overall look of the car. Hopefully it all comes together nicely, since I know no one has these wheels to look at in person yet. I thought I'd play it safe and still get a wheel design that I can still like over time. I was strongly considering customizing ADVs for the longest time, but my friends in Japan were able to get me a great deal on the G25s.

Bostonian1- I completely agree with Shinobi-X. Do the research and find a design you like. Pay for it and never look back. I don't know how many times my friends were all pouty about getting wheels that they didn't like a month after purchasing them and then having to play the waiting game with Japanese wheel manufacturers again.