IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Don't want all doors to unlock when car is put in Park

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-15, 04:32 PM
Edelbrock
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Don't want all doors to unlock when car is put in Park

Is there a way to not have all my doors to unlock when I put my 2012 Lexus IS F in park. I would love it if they all stayed locked, and only the driver door unlocked when I unlatch the door from inside. Could anyone help.
Old 06-17-15, 04:42 PM
swfla
Lead Lap

Received 1,206 Likes on 956 Posts

There is a company called Carista. They have a smart phone program and a bluetooth OBD2 device for about $45 that allows you to customize settings such as this and more. It works with Android and iPhone. Also gives you diagnostic codes when needed. I have it, simple to use. Did exactly what you want to do on my LS460. Many people here have written about it.
Old 06-17-15, 05:01 PM
STLblueF
Pole Position

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

It's also a Lexus custom setting that the dealership can change for you if you request.
Old 06-17-15, 05:12 PM
dcguy
Pit Crew

Received 24 Likes on 14 Posts

There are a set of instructions in the owners manual in customizable features, something about holding either the lock or unlock on the door, at the same time pressing and holding a function on the key fab, as well as having the car in park or neutral at the moment of programming will change the features. I have messed with it for a little bit, sucessfully changed a few. No need to buy anything or go do the dealer, just a long process if you don't get it right, it's alot of starts and turn off on the engine in one sitting, but can be done!
Old 06-17-15, 08:09 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

dealer can adjust easily. The custom setting even allow you to adjust the length that the headlights are on after you turn off the car when in auto mode. I was thinking of having the opposite done.
Old 06-18-15, 04:17 AM
Rickna
Racer

Received 231 Likes on 160 Posts

I'm pretty sure you could access these settings with Techstream.
Old 06-18-15, 07:35 AM
Edelbrock
Driver School Candidate

Default Doors stay locked now

This morning got wild notion to try the key fob after one of Club Lexus member suggested it, and it worked feel safer.Thanks to all who responded. This is why I'm glad I joined Club Lexus.
Old 06-18-15, 09:35 AM
NSXGuy
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Edelbrock
This morning got wild notion to try the key fob after one of Club Lexus member suggested it, and it worked feel safer.Thanks to all who responded. This is why I'm glad I joined Club Lexus.
Can you explain exactly what you did? I'd like my car to stay locked as well. Thanks.
Old 06-18-15, 09:54 AM
MileHIFcar
Pole Position

Received 402 Likes on 256 Posts

Originally Posted by dcguy
There are a set of instructions in the owners manual in customizable features, something about holding either the lock or unlock on the door, at the same time pressing and holding a function on the key fab, as well as having the car in park or neutral at the moment of programming will change the features. I have messed with it for a little bit, sucessfully changed a few. No need to buy anything or go do the dealer, just a long process if you don't get it right, it's alot of starts and turn off on the engine in one sitting, but can be done!
I think dcguy stated how this is done above^^^^^

Originally Posted by NSXGuy
Can you explain exactly what you did? I'd like my car to stay locked as well. Thanks.
Old 06-18-15, 10:24 AM
imp0rted1
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Rickna
I'm pretty sure you could access these settings with Techstream.

what rickna said. techstream can easily adjust these settings. the dealer will be able to do this for you.
Old 06-18-15, 10:34 AM
Edelbrock
Driver School Candidate

Default Used key fob

Get inside car with doors locked start engine, then take key fob press the lock for 5 seconds on key fob. All the doors should stay locked including the driver door, now when you unlatch drivers door it should be the only one that unlocks.
Old 06-18-15, 10:42 AM
allst4risf
Pit Crew

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

google LPS lexus personal seetting,. they do it for no charge at te first oil change.
Old 06-18-15, 10:57 AM
NSXGuy
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Edelbrock
Get inside car with doors locked start engine, then take key fob press the lock for 5 seconds on key fob. All the doors should stay locked including the driver door, now when you unlatch drivers door it should be the only one that unlocks.
Thanks. I'm going to try this at lunch time today!
Old 06-19-15, 08:32 AM
s4chico
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by swfla
There is a company called Carista. They have a smart phone program and a bluetooth OBD2 device for about $45 that allows you to customize settings such as this and more. It works with Android and iPhone. Also gives you diagnostic codes when needed. I have it, simple to use. Did exactly what you want to do on my LS460. Many people here have written about it.
The Carista app does not work on our older ISFs....only for the 2014 and up IS. It does work for diagnostic codes....but not for the Lexus Personalized Settings. I have been waiting for some kind of update.....but it's not looking promising.
Old 06-19-15, 09:03 AM
NSXGuy
Pole Position

Originally Posted by NSXGuy
Thanks. I'm going to try this at lunch time today!
All my doors still unlock. :-(

Quick Reply: Don't want all doors to unlock when car is put in Park