IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Moved on from the IS-F...

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-13, 10:26 PM
CK9887
Pole Position

Received 57 Likes on 28 Posts
Default Moved on from the IS-F...

I enjoyed my 2008 IS-F for the year I had it. I sold it about two months ago and had been looking for a Corvette since then. Just picked this up yesterday. Bought it from CarMax and they had to transfer it from TN to my location here in Houston, TX. Took 10 days to come in, much better than 21 days which they originally stated.

It's a 2008 Jet Stream Blue with all the options. I was extremely picky about what I wanted and this one had it all. Overall, the CarMax experience was great except I have one complaint. Before I arrived to take a look at the car after it arrived in Houston, they drilled four holes in the front bumper to mount the front license plate bracket. This bothered me but nothing I could do at that point.

Here's the few cell phone pics including a Lotus I was following today. I'll get better pics soon. My phone is terrible in low light situations, never buy a Droid Razr HD if you want a good camera phone!

I enjoyed my time here and I'll check the forum every so often to see what's new.

small screenshot utility

upload gambar

screen shots

screen shot capture

screenshot app
Old 08-21-13, 10:34 PM
CUTigers
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think I saw this one when i was looking for a friend lol.
Old 08-21-13, 10:36 PM
CK9887
Pole Position

Originally Posted by CUTigers
I think I saw this one when i was looking for a friend lol.
I was lucky that it didn't sell before I had it transferred. I think it had to do with the market in TN. For the price I paid, I bet this car would have been sold in just a couple days if it was originally for sale in Houston.
Old 08-21-13, 10:38 PM
GBFisFun
Driver School Candidate

Any regrets? How's the ride compared to the F?
Old 08-21-13, 10:47 PM
CK9887
Pole Position

Originally Posted by GBFisFun
Any regrets? How's the ride compared to the F?

No regrets... this is my third Vette but first C6. I always find myself going back to a Vette after I sell the previous one. There's just a personality to them that I can't describe.

Ride is similarly harsh but not uncomfortable. I would say the Lexus was better on broken pavement. The Vette seems to track worse... They are notorious for this mainly due to the wide tires. Sound system in the Lexus is far better than the Vette as well... (If it's Bose it Blows). And the Nav in the Vette is a decade behind but I wanted the Nav more for the touch screen in place of the cheap center console and radio buttons.

Fun factor goes to the Vette. I always missed having a manual when I had the Lexus. Having the targa top is nice too. I think performance wise, the Vette takes the cake as well

If I had a family, I would have kept the F... But I'm living the single life right now
Old 08-21-13, 11:53 PM
DansonISF
Pole Position

Originally Posted by CK9887
No regrets... this is my third Vette but first C6. I always find myself going back to a Vette after I sell the previous one. There's just a personality to them that I can't describe.

Ride is similarly harsh but not uncomfortable. I would say the Lexus was better on broken pavement. The Vette seems to track worse... They are notorious for this mainly due to the wide tires. Sound system in the Lexus is far better than the Vette as well... (If it's Bose it Blows). And the Nav in the Vette is a decade behind but I wanted the Nav more for the touch screen in place of the cheap center console and radio buttons.

Fun factor goes to the Vette. I always missed having a manual when I had the Lexus. Having the targa top is nice too. I think performance wise, the Vette takes the cake as well

If I had a family, I would have kept the F... But I'm living the single life right now
1 day will be regret and there are more Vette in H-I then ISF dunno why u would going back to something that most everyone have since your ISF is kinna rare oh well thats to my opinion but as long u're happy then dont matter what other people have to say rite
Old 08-22-13, 05:33 AM
Bigcloud
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice vette. I have to ask why didn't you get a Z06???
Old 08-22-13, 05:48 AM
VtotheJ
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I personally think it's a downgrade if it's not a Z06. To each their own though.
Old 08-22-13, 06:32 AM
Lexura1414
Lexus Test Driver

Received 40 Likes on 31 Posts

Z06 or ZR1 for me. If not, will just keep my F. But congrats on the purchase.
Old 08-22-13, 06:33 AM
MercuryISF
Pole Position

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by VtotheJ
I personally think it's a downgrade if it's not a Z06. To each their own though.
Plus 1... the interior on these things are garbage... like stepping in a cobalt. I would consider the new 2014 but I would need to see it first and wait few years until they iron all the bugs out. Then I would need to get over seeing that chevy sign. The engine is great and the sport roof is awsome but not sure on reliability. Not to rare as well. Its a lot of bang for your buck though..
Old 08-22-13, 07:15 AM
Endgame
Driver

Is that a red Lotus? Have fun with the Vette! I would have had to go for the Z06!
Old 08-22-13, 07:24 AM
Mrd916
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

In Florida where I live Chevy is doing a big promo where if u trade in a car towards a Vette then they are throwing in a free mustache, clip on ponytail and an unattractive wife with bleach blonde hair and oversized silicone breasts
Old 08-22-13, 07:59 AM
BS ISF
Instructor

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

^^^^lmao!!!!!
Old 08-22-13, 08:48 AM
tgui
Pole Position

Nice car! Not turbo it!
Old 08-22-13, 09:24 AM
Vervish