IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Is the stock isf exhaust really that bad?

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-12, 05:25 AM
KOKISF
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im not by any means bashing any of you guys who like it loud !!! or spray the hell out of the car !!! because Iknow the car is capable of that and more , is just that "ive been there done that" I want my car to be a great performer not the fastest or the loudest ,ive been in the import scene for quite some time now and I had some really sick rides very fast and loud but in the long run got tired of it for my self ,but I still love the seen and im still part of it , something you could call a "weekend warrior" I just dont want to be the player anymore just an expectator. Just my two cents.
But like my Dad says "its in your blood son"!
Old 12-31-12, 08:20 AM
aWorkOfArt
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

sorry bro no dyno out here so i cant help in that department. But if all you want is more power without so much noise then I/H would be your best combo. The headers wake up the car and make all the difference in power and gives the car a more deep and throaty sound. And if you want to gain a bit more power after the I/H and not so much noise, then get an axle back. Im waiting on the ISS one before i decide to either go axle back ISS/ Borla or a full exhaust...
Old 12-31-12, 09:04 AM
Evil Teo
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

^^that will yield the most power without much sacrifice in the sound department. I heard the headers with stock exhaust and from far away you wouldn't be able to tell much of a difference. i believe it does give out a little much more sound but not anything aggressive or annoying.
Old 12-31-12, 02:19 PM
KOKISF
Lead Lap

thank you all for your repalies , my route will be that I/H and when I do ill post my dyno research
Old 12-31-12, 02:23 PM
RobPR
Rookie

^^ KOKISF....sprayyyyyyy!!!!! jajaja
Old 12-31-12, 07:10 PM
PhiDeltBee
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I disagree that removing the 2nd cats adds any noise. I deleted just the cats first and in my opinion, the car still sounded stock. Less noise than my stock Escalade. I then removed the mufflers and have loved it for the most part, but the drone gets annoying after awhile. I can't hear the 2nd intake open any more and probably wouldn't be able to hear the stock stereo, but its majorly upgraded. I have PPE headers coming in a few weeks and I think I'm going to have to do redo the exhaust out of fear of it being insanely loud.

FWIW, I rolled a friends new 5.0 Mustang last week with the cat and muffler delete and was able to pull him. So, there is power being released by doing this mod. Unfortunately, I don't believe anyone knows the exact amount as far as numbers go.
Old 01-01-13, 10:41 AM
KOKISF
Lead Lap

I have a 2002 ford lightning as a day drive car , I remove the two cats on the exhaust , and the drone and noise is insane , it got a hump of power , but the noise is not worth it , I no longer hear the sc!!! im going to do some thing about it . Thats why I wont even dare to try this on my F. it also feels slugish from 2500 to 3000 !!!
Old 01-01-13, 03:11 PM
Bakewalk
Pole Position

Hey guys, I just wanted to jump in here and ask a few questions... I own a 2011 ISF, completely stock at this point, and its sitting in the garage for the next few months as there is a foot of snow on the ground here living in Southern Alberta Canada.

On a scale of 1 to 10, how much louder is the ISS Forged DES system over stock. How much louder is the QES system over the stock? - Not interested in any Axel back systems, only cat back systems as I think the F needs to breath easier with less restrictions!

How bad is the drone on any of these systems? I would like to have a more throaty sound, I want everone to know this car has a V8 in it, since its the only one in southern Alberta, nobody knows the car at all..... I'm not a fan of drone at all though, I do have a wife and I am not a kid anymore (28) so I dont want to sound like a stupid kid with a big exhaust on a little civic!

I am thinking of ordering the ISS Forged QES or DES exhaust and a Takeda intake for the car. Not really caring about any horsepower gain, I dont run the car hard all the time and I dont race. I just want to show off the car and make sure everyone knows this F means business!

Thanks for any or all suggestions!

Rob.
Old 01-01-13, 03:54 PM
NotnFsport
Instructor

Received 97 Likes on 63 Posts

the qes will be too loud for u and drone. before getting headers i had just the qes and it droned really bad..my girl sitting next to me couldnt hear me..lol so i added resonators which help but its still the loudest. i have headers now and i just got used to it being loud and i love it. plus my girl is back in japan so she hasnt heard the new sound yet..
Old 01-01-13, 05:12 PM
darbs242
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Bakewalk
Hey guys, I just wanted to jump in here and ask a few questions... I own a 2011 ISF, completely stock at this point, and its sitting in the garage for the next few months as there is a foot of snow on the ground here living in Southern Alberta Canada.

On a scale of 1 to 10, how much louder is the ISS Forged DES system over stock. How much louder is the QES system over the stock? - Not interested in any Axel back systems, only cat back systems as I think the F needs to breath easier with less restrictions!

How bad is the drone on any of these systems? I would like to have a more throaty sound, I want everone to know this car has a V8 in it, since its the only one in southern Alberta, nobody knows the car at all..... I'm not a fan of drone at all though, I do have a wife and I am not a kid anymore (28) so I dont want to sound like a stupid kid with a big exhaust on a little civic!

I am thinking of ordering the ISS Forged QES or DES exhaust and a Takeda intake for the car. Not really caring about any horsepower gain, I dont run the car hard all the time and I dont race. I just want to show off the car and make sure everyone knows this F means business!

Thanks for any or all suggestions!

Rob.
The Track set up from ISS is very very loud and drones but if you never plan to do headers it would be standable. The street system is prob what your looking for, you would be very happy there or with a Joe Z is very nice but no after market tips
Old 01-01-13, 05:41 PM
Bakewalk
Pole Position

Honestly, the tips make it. I dont see a point to upgrading the exhaust if I dont get the nice tips on the end. It looks sick!

So, you guys think the QES system will be too much for my liking?

Is the DES system really that much louder than stock?
Old 01-01-13, 06:09 PM
ISF4life
Lexus Test Driver

Received 164 Likes on 116 Posts

Not only the stock exhaust is heavy and restricted power and sound. Its a must to up grade for lighter, sounds, power and still keep the tips
Old 01-01-13, 07:35 PM
RX7 RAGE
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Bakewalk
Honestly, the tips make it. I dont see a point to upgrading the exhaust if I dont get the nice tips on the end. It looks sick!

So, you guys think the QES system will be too much for my liking?

Is the DES system really that much louder than stock?
Here's a vid of my F with just the ISS DES in the first part of the video, then afterwards with the sikky headers and ISS DES together.

Old 01-01-13, 09:53 PM
VtotheJ
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by PhiDeltBee
I can't hear the 2nd intake open any more and probably wouldn't be able to hear the stock stereo, but its majorly upgraded.
I actually still hear mine, believe it or not. It's not as pronounced as before, but I still hear it. I was going to upgrade the stereo but there's no point anymore since I listen to the exhaust more now
Old 01-01-13, 10:13 PM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Received 144 Likes on 119 Posts

rx7 rage, your car sounds mean as hell. love the sound of your set up. before and after, lol.

Quick Reply: Is the stock isf exhaust really that bad?