IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Battery suggestions

Old 02-09-15, 01:46 AM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 666 Likes on 589 Posts

Sorry for bumping an old thread but while M4ksupISF was fixing my car it died due to an old battery and we were unable to find jumper cables, long story short, we ended up with a bosch group 24 battery. The battery bar doesn't fit so I'm going to return it and get something that I actually want.. Is this the best battery for me?
1. Drive once-twice a week.
2. Never listen to music when car is off.
3. Do have a sub/ amp set up.
4. Live in socal.

http://www.optimabatteries.com/en-us...rting-battery/

Thanks guys!

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
Old 02-09-15, 08:37 AM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,813 Likes on 1,280 Posts

^^^^I don't understand A Group 24 is the correct size. I have a Bosch Group 24 in my "F" and it fits just fine, top bar and all

Lou
Old 02-09-15, 10:17 AM
PremiumG
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My 4 yr old battery died over the weekend when washing the F because I didn't realize the lights were on due to a sunny Florida morning. After sitting for 45 min I was about to jump it with another car, but decided to give it another try first and it started. Then I got CEL, VSC and Traction Control signals that wouldn't go away. I pulled a code P0335 "Crankshaft Position Sensor 'A' Circuit". Which can be triggered by a dead or weak battery. I took a very spirited 20 minute drive and after a reboot the warnings went away for good.

I just ordered the Optima 8025-160-FFP RedTop Group 25 Battery from Amazon $140.70 with free prime shipping.
Old 02-09-15, 10:17 AM
ISF4life
Lexus Test Driver

Received 164 Likes on 116 Posts

Ah lowrider is the new flowrider lolz no wonder i see this new name quite often lolz
Old 02-09-15, 12:12 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

^ ^ ^ ^Ah GOTCHA

Lou
Old 02-09-15, 12:26 PM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Originally Posted by PremiumG
My 4 yr old battery died over the weekend when washing the F because I didn't realize the lights were on due to a sunny Florida morning. After sitting for 45 min I was about to jump it with another car, but decided to give it another try first and it started. Then I got CEL, VSC and Traction Control signals that wouldn't go away. I pulled a code P0335 "Crankshaft Position Sensor 'A' Circuit". Which can be triggered by a dead or weak battery. I took a very spirited 20 minute drive and after a reboot the warnings went away for good.

I just ordered the Optima 8025-160-FFP RedTop Group 25 Battery from Amazon $140.70 with free prime shipping.
don't we need a group 24 battery?

@ flowrider haha nice name change but my friend has the exact same battery and it fits for his car but not mine, weird.. is the battery mentioned above correct?

Orange County, CA
Old 02-09-15, 01:30 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

^^^^The Optima battery comes with adapters to make it fit. And yes, Group 24 is the correct size. I know I'll get flames here, but IMHO, making a smaller battery fit in a bigger slot is a kludge.

Lou
Old 02-11-15, 08:20 AM
vudaddy
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by flowrider
^^^^I don't understand A Group 24 is the correct size. I have a Bosch Group 24 in my "F" and it fits just fine, top bar and all

Lou
I know it sounds weird but I went through this issue when searching for a battery. Tried a few group 24s and they all were not the same heights. I had to measure them and found that the interstate batteries were the closest.
Old 02-11-15, 09:46 AM
GunnyFitz
Instructor

Received 212 Likes on 162 Posts
Thumbs down Whatever you do, DO NOT........

...................Go with the Red Optima Batteries in your car!

Now, I did not start at the beginning of the thread and read all the previous posts from members because I knew that I would come across quite a few that use this battery and if i read all that, Id feel guilty Id be insulting someone here. However, I am speaking from MY experience as someone who used the Red Top Optima battery in my wifes car and not only did it start having cranking issues within a month or two after installing, but when its cold out (as this winter has been BRUTAL here in Northeast) it simply feels like pulling teeth to get this car started!

I had it tested and its BARELY under the proper voltage so Im not gonna take it out just yet, although i should before she gets stuck on the side of the road or in a parking lot somewhere during a snow storm. Just not worth the money IMHO unless you have a serious hook up on one like rebates, special pricing somewhere, or like me got taken care of on a military discount PLUS having a coupon toward one. True they have some pretty neat features and all but if the damn thing doesnt work then what good are they?

Again, sorry if I hit a nerve on some folks but this is only my opinion based on owning one, thats all. Off topic - my Dodge Diesel uses twin Interstate batteries which are almost indestructible so Im thinking about going that route (no not two of them) but I think their warranty may be better too.

Ps. Did I hear Optima has some wild lifetime warranty on replacement etc??
Old 02-11-15, 05:53 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,058 Likes on 586 Posts
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by GunnyFitz
Ps. Did I hear Optima has some wild lifetime warranty on replacement etc??
Comes with a FULL 36 month replacement... I just replaced mine as the negative terminal was showing signs of not being happy...

Soo far never left me stranded...

~ Joe Z
Old 02-11-15, 06:52 PM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

oops, well I just bought a red top Optima, we'll see how it treats my car.

Orange County, CA
Old 02-12-15, 01:40 PM
Antheleon
Driver School Candidate

I've scoured the forums and searched but can't seem to find a clear answer to this: What size (model #) OPTIMA YELLOW are people using in their ISF and how is the fitment with both the battery and the wires?

Thanks!
Old 03-23-15, 11:02 AM
OneSiCkF
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Joe Z
Comes with a FULL 36 month replacement... I just replaced mine as the negative terminal was showing signs of not being happy...

Soo far never left me stranded...

~ Joe Z
Joe,

Did you replace with a yellow or red top? The optima website lists the redtop group 25 as the only option for the ISF. Also, did the optima battery require any special mods to make it fit? Any input is highly appreciated.
Old 03-23-15, 07:48 PM
Fsport2UR
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Costco now switched to Interstate Batteries. Warranty for 42 month and NON-PRORATED. You can actually have car batteries for life(if they die within 42months). You can not beat that.
Old 03-23-15, 08:11 PM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Received 144 Likes on 119 Posts

redtop in my ISF for over 2 years now. still good and looks new. had optima batteries for over 10 years now total. never gave me one single problem. always sold them with the other cars as well.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Battery suggestions