IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

CAR SHOP DAMAGED MY FRONT LIP, BUMPER TABS, and FRONT FENDERS

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-12, 05:33 PM
HEWITT
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default CAR SHOP DAMAGED MY FRONT LIP, BUMPER TABS, and FRONT FENDERS

Yesterday, I dropped my car off to a local Lexus shop I have always trusted for maintenance and needed to have such a simple job done for my car to be ready for this weekends "AutoCon" show. I picked up my car several hours to this: Not only was my MPG at 6.6 (I only have a picture of 9.8) when I first started the car, both of my front bumper tabs were popped off, my front lip was cracked with both of the side fins (Its the TOMS front lip) severely scraped and even the middle of the lip was torn up and scraped badly.

I then proceeded to look at my bumper, which I noticed had tremendous amounts of up and down play in it and you can even see where the fog light housing is, the plastic even popped off because it was probably driven up a steep driveway by a moron and the pressure was too much.

Next, since both of my fenders that connect to my bumper looked the way they did I looked inside the fenders and both sides had paint chipped off from someone driving my car aggressively and wreckless.

I am unbelievably furious because I treat my car with such great care and attention to detail and for this to happen is unacceptable . How someone treat such an expensive car like this just blows my mind. Sorry for the rant but for me to come back to my car and to see this makes me more furious and mad than anything.

I even waited 3 months for my Toms kit which now needs to be reordered.

The owner goes on vacation for a week starting tomorrow and have to bear with this mess until he gets back. Such terrible service and trust. Its so hard to find someone you can trust now a days. WOW.
Attached Thumbnails CAR SHOP DAMAGED MY FRONT LIP, BUMPER TABS, and FRONT FENDERS-furious-1.jpg   CAR SHOP DAMAGED MY FRONT LIP, BUMPER TABS, and FRONT FENDERS-furious-2.jpg   CAR SHOP DAMAGED MY FRONT LIP, BUMPER TABS, and FRONT FENDERS-furious-3.jpg   CAR SHOP DAMAGED MY FRONT LIP, BUMPER TABS, and FRONT FENDERS-furious-4.jpg   CAR SHOP DAMAGED MY FRONT LIP, BUMPER TABS, and FRONT FENDERS-furious-5.jpg  

Old 07-18-12, 05:34 PM
HEWITT
Pole Position

More pics:
Attached Thumbnails CAR SHOP DAMAGED MY FRONT LIP, BUMPER TABS, and FRONT FENDERS-furious-6.jpg   CAR SHOP DAMAGED MY FRONT LIP, BUMPER TABS, and FRONT FENDERS-furious-7.jpg   CAR SHOP DAMAGED MY FRONT LIP, BUMPER TABS, and FRONT FENDERS-furious-8.jpg   CAR SHOP DAMAGED MY FRONT LIP, BUMPER TABS, and FRONT FENDERS-furious-10.jpg   CAR SHOP DAMAGED MY FRONT LIP, BUMPER TABS, and FRONT FENDERS-furious-11.jpg  

Last edited by HEWITT; 07-18-12 at 05:39 PM.
Old 07-18-12, 05:34 PM
HEWITT
Pole Position

More pictures
Attached Thumbnails CAR SHOP DAMAGED MY FRONT LIP, BUMPER TABS, and FRONT FENDERS-furious-12.jpg   CAR SHOP DAMAGED MY FRONT LIP, BUMPER TABS, and FRONT FENDERS-furious-13.jpg   CAR SHOP DAMAGED MY FRONT LIP, BUMPER TABS, and FRONT FENDERS-furious-14.jpg   CAR SHOP DAMAGED MY FRONT LIP, BUMPER TABS, and FRONT FENDERS-furious-17.jpg  

Last edited by HEWITT; 07-18-12 at 05:42 PM.
Old 07-18-12, 05:35 PM
HEWITT
Pole Position

Even More Pictures
Attached Thumbnails CAR SHOP DAMAGED MY FRONT LIP, BUMPER TABS, and FRONT FENDERS-furious-17.jpg   CAR SHOP DAMAGED MY FRONT LIP, BUMPER TABS, and FRONT FENDERS-furious-18.jpg   CAR SHOP DAMAGED MY FRONT LIP, BUMPER TABS, and FRONT FENDERS-furious-19.jpg   CAR SHOP DAMAGED MY FRONT LIP, BUMPER TABS, and FRONT FENDERS-furious.jpg  

Last edited by HEWITT; 07-18-12 at 05:47 PM.
Old 07-18-12, 05:38 PM
vicsis250
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What lexus dealership is this so we can all stay away from this one?
Old 07-18-12, 05:40 PM
ISF4life
Lexus Test Driver

Received 164 Likes on 116 Posts

no need to wait 3 weeks for Tom's kit, everything in stock right now, headquarter in corona, pick up and install . Hope u get those problem resolve soon,
Old 07-18-12, 05:40 PM
vicsis250
Pole Position

So true you can't trust anyone anymore even lexus dealerships. Feel bad for you bro hope they pay for the repair.
Old 07-18-12, 05:43 PM
ISF4life
Lexus Test Driver

Received 164 Likes on 116 Posts

Hewitt u got to use those velcro for the bottom lip bro . prevented of scraping or damaged.
Old 07-18-12, 05:45 PM
djhydro
Driver

Owner on Vacation? He needs to cut that **** short.... HEWITT I feel sorry for u man... I was just looking through ur older posts just today and admiring ur car. Sorry but I feel for u man. Hope all goes well for you
Old 07-18-12, 05:46 PM
FastPaced
Rookie

And you didn't confront anyone about this because....?
Old 07-18-12, 05:51 PM
HEWITT
Pole Position

Originally Posted by vicsis250
What lexus dealership is this so we can all stay away from this one?
Its in Palmdale but I can't say the name until the problem gets fixed.

Originally Posted by blitz_714
Hewitt u got to use those velcro for the bottom lip bro . prevented of scraping or damaged.
I have been since day 1 when I bought the lip. Each fin has two layers of velcro on each side and when I picked the car up I felt each fin and immediately noticed the damage.

Originally Posted by djhydro
Owner on Vacation? He needs to cut that **** short.... HEWITT I feel sorry for u man... I was just looking through ur older posts just today and admiring ur car. Sorry but I feel for u man. Hope all goes well for you
Yeah he is going on vacation for a week starting tomorrow and have to wait until he gets back to get everything fixed. I just dont know if I can trust him anymore to fix this

Originally Posted by FastPaced
And you didn't confront anyone about this because....?
I did confront him and said he let someone drive my car back ( and this was without my authorization) We will see next week if he can even afford to pay the damages. If not Insurance or legal matters will come into place
Old 07-18-12, 05:59 PM
RX7 RAGE
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Man, I'd be furious.
Old 07-18-12, 06:06 PM
HEWITT
Pole Position

Originally Posted by RX7 RAGE
Man, I'd be furious.

I am still really mad and disappointed. Just knowing someone drove my car without my permission and had my MPG at 6.6 is wreckless. The lowest I have ever had my MPG was in the 14's because I had too much gas before a show. I don't even drive aggressive
Old 07-18-12, 06:06 PM
James7
Pit Crew

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

You shouldn't wait . there should be a manager or someone who will oversee the shop while he's out. Thats damage to your personal property .. I would not have left there, or would have returned immediately upon discovery .. he doesnt deserve to enjoy his vacation while you get to pine away at the fact that a tech or maybe even he took a joyride in YOUR car ... have him called..
Old 07-18-12, 06:07 PM
CalitriSC
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Wow I hate seeing that! Whoever drove your car like that needs to lose their job and their last paycheck should all go towards fixing your car.

Quick Reply: CAR SHOP DAMAGED MY FRONT LIP, BUMPER TABS, and FRONT FENDERS