Search this Thread

Old 05-04-12, 03:26 PM
caymandive
11 Second Club

Received 62 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by lowrideraz
^^^^No cats I assume.

Lou
Correct no cats and no cats in the graph you posted with my JoeZ exhaust. Anyway what I'm trying to point out is that you can't make an accurate comparison with my graphs as our runs were not done on the same exact dyno nor were our conditions the same.

Some facts:
1. Sikky has the highest dyno numbers to date on NA setups
2. Sikky has the fastest NA quarter miles times
3. Sikky has had far fewer CEL issues during install

Last edited by caymandive; 05-04-12 at 03:30 PM.
Old 05-04-12, 03:35 PM
MRxSLAYx
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by caymandive
Correct no cats and no cats in the graph you posted with my JoeZ exhaust. Anyway what I'm trying to point out is that you can't make an accurate comparison with my graphs as our runs were not done on the same exact dyno nor were our conditions the same.

Some facts:
Considering I just made my deposit, Sikky will have the fastest Forced Indjction quarter mile times also
Old 05-04-12, 03:39 PM
caymandive
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by MRxSLAYx
Considering I just made my deposit, Sikky will have the fastest Forced Indjction quarter mile times also
Congrats!! I look forward to and expect to see a 10 second run from you!!
Old 05-04-12, 03:43 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,826 Likes on 1,288 Posts

Originally Posted by caymandive

Some facts:
I can't argue with the first two statements.

1) 399+HP with JoeZ vs 402+HP with Borla is really pretty close and withen the realm of reason.

2) It should be a close race, but I haven't seen this evidence, I must have missed it.

3) Simply not true. The PPE issues happened because a couple of folks misread the PPE instructions. Those issues have been straightened out. What hasn't been mentioned is that four Sikky customers who had CEL issues went to PPE for o2 simulators that worked, because they could not get satisfaction from Sikky.

Each and Every PPE customer has commented on the excellent customer service it has received from PPE.

I don't want to start a feud here, but let's keep the facts straight.

Lou
The following users liked this post:
TurboGti (10-27-19)
Old 05-04-12, 03:48 PM
SeanGTS
Lead Lap

Comparing dyno graphs is weak... only under the same exact dyno operator, same conditions, same locations, otherwise it means very little.
Old 05-04-12, 04:05 PM
DCoolBeans
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Name:  EatingPopcorn.gif
Views: 1539
Size:  2.9 KB
Old 05-04-12, 04:05 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,826 Likes on 1,288 Posts

Originally Posted by SeanGTS
Comparing dyno graphs is weak... only under the same exact dyno operator, same conditions, same locations, otherwise it means very little.
I wholeheartedly agree. However folks were asking for Dyno results, so I posted them. They all were run on the same type of Dyno under similar conditions. My run and my friend's were run on the same machine, on the same day, with the same operator. They do show, however that the two headers are comparable in power output. That JoeZ and Borla exhausts are comparable in power output. I recently changed modified the rear section of my exhaust adding two inlets to the stock muffler. The pre change Dyno run close to a year ago showed 4+HP less than the run after the change. This means I did not lose power with the change, and it appears that the change helped a bit. The Graphs also show that the Hi-Flow cats probably cost something close to 10HP. Again, gross comparisons only, use at your own risk.

Lou
Old 05-04-12, 04:12 PM
SeanGTS
Lead Lap

I will have my PPE headers installed on Monday, thats the only reason why I'm partial lol.
Old 05-04-12, 04:14 PM
caymandive
11 Second Club

Lou, I'm not trying start a feud here either, but with all the opinionated posts I wanted to throw out some Facts in comparing PPE to SIKKY. Nothing drives me more bananas then to see folks post things without the facts.

1. Agree

2. The evidence is there. The fastest posted quarter mile times in NA form have SIKKY headers. Not saying PPE couldn't be in the top as well, but they have yet to have someone behind the wheel to prove it.

3. Fact still stands as we have had fewer folks post issues after the installation of the SIKKY headers.

Originally Posted by lowrideraz
I can't argue with the first two statements.

1) 399+HP with JoeZ vs 402+HP with Borla is really pretty close and withen the realm of reason.

2) It should be a close race, but I haven't seen this evidence, I must have missed it.

3) Simply not true. The PPE issues happened because a couple of folks misread the PPE instructions. Those issues have been straightened out. What hasn't been mentioned is that four Sikky customers who had CEL issues went to PPE for o2 simulators that worked, because they could not get satisfaction from Sikky.

Each and Every PPE customer has commented on the excellent customer service it has received from PPE.

I don't want to start a feud here, but let's keep the facts straight.

Lou
Old 05-04-12, 04:19 PM
jaslapp1
Pit Crew

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

SIKKY anything!!!! All the way!! For those of you that don't know who I am I'm the one who went to sikky and got this whole header thing going for our community. It was sikky who was the very first company to ever make a successful set of headers after numerous companies failed. Need I repeat numerous. I'm not sure of the exact number but I'm going to go with atleast 4 or more if I remember correctly. Therefor I have had headers longer then anyone. I have never had one issue with my set of headers and I run the living **** out of my car. My car truely gained 50 rwhp from the headers alone. I know I'm on the highend but they are true numbers. It seems that anyone who has them installed at JE has atleast gains of 40rwhp. PPE headers do look a little better as far as the welds are concerned but you simply can not even see the welds or headers. I'm all about performace and I do not regret getting the sikky headers because IMO they are better in performace. I think that has been approved across the boards. Sorry for the long post I've been laying quiet for some time. I got tired of reading the same disrespectful posts trying to discredit sikky in any way. Anywho I think anyone would be happy with either sets because headers truly transform the beast.
STAY SIKKY!!
Old 05-04-12, 06:11 PM
chris6878
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Juanca
Emails to them are bouncing back so I called, they have my number and will call back once they have a price on hand, hopefully later today.
Ok...let us know
Old 05-04-12, 10:55 PM
lx470man
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

no ones wants to help me out? Has no one in the bay area gotten these headers installed?
Old 05-05-12, 04:25 AM
RichieISF
Rookie

Does Sikky make RHD sets?
Old 05-07-12, 07:01 AM
JE
Former Sponsor

On our group buy thread, I just posted new information for our South Florida customers
Old 05-07-12, 09:02 AM
DCoolBeans
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by JE
On our group buy thread, I just posted new information for our South Florida customers
Thanks man ^ thats great news and I appreciate the phone call you made for us!

Quick Reply: ISF Header Comparison: Sikky vs. PPE