IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Current IS-F owners, what are YOUR thoughts on the upcoming GS-F?

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-12, 07:17 PM
CalitriSC
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
and you know this from...?
Thats coming from friends that work at Lexus and know whats going on. Whats the price of a 2013 GS fully loaded? Now add everything they would have to do to make a GS-F. They would have to supercharge the 5.0 engine that we have in the IS-F. its highly unlikely that they would turbo it. Then add in all the body changes they would have to do to make it more aggressive. Now of course the interior is going to have to be different as well as big brakes and wheels. Then would it be 8 speed as well? Things start to add up very quickly from what they have told me. The IS-F is at least $20k more than a fully loaded IS-350 correct? So why is someone going to pay $100k or more for a GS? Imagine what people could buy instead for the same price. it just doesn't seem smart for Lexus to produce a GS-F from everything I have been told. I'm just sharing some info that was shared with me. I would love to see Lexus make something to compete with the new M5..
Old 02-04-12, 08:49 PM
vraa
CL Folding Team Starter

Received 342 Likes on 202 Posts

Originally Posted by CalitriSC
. I'm just sharing some info that was shared with me. I would love to see Lexus make something to compete with the new M5..
All this info is wrong

Until Lexus issues a PR release and you can see the car at the dealer take NOTHING without salt
Old 02-04-12, 09:21 PM
CalitriSC
Lexus Champion

Go ahead and give us all the correct info then. You seem to know.
Old 02-04-12, 10:38 PM
exdakine
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Sits down... with popcorn and kakimochi. waiting for the show to begin =)

I am completely happy with my IS-F but I would like something that is more spacious in the back seat. an M5 competitor would be nice

the real question here is ^^ WHAT WHEELS ARE YOU RUNNING NOW????
Old 02-04-12, 11:05 PM
CalitriSC
Lexus Champion

Lol just want to see actual facts then if all the other information and everyone at Lexus is "wrong". Would love to see any real current up to date information showing the GS-F in production.

And I'm on stock wheels right now. New wheels on the way
Old 02-05-12, 03:45 AM
Valkirk
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

BMW have just launched a M diesel range sitting below the true M cars, lots of dilution but totally agree you can't just have the IS-F carrying the whole thing.

For me I would be much more interested in the LFC having a true F version with V8 power.

If Lexus did make a GS-F then it would be great to see a hybrid performance using the GS hybrid but swapping out the V6 with the IS-F V8 and tuning the hybrid for performance, giving it V12 performance but only using V8 consumption.
Old 02-05-12, 03:49 AM
Valkirk
Driver

Originally Posted by CalitriSC
Thats coming from friends that work at Lexus and know whats going on. Whats the price of a 2013 GS fully loaded? Now add everything they would have to do to make a GS-F. They would have to supercharge the 5.0 engine that we have in the IS-F. its highly unlikely that they would turbo it. Then add in all the body changes they would have to do to make it more aggressive. Now of course the interior is going to have to be different as well as big brakes and wheels. Then would it be 8 speed as well? Things start to add up very quickly from what they have told me. The IS-F is at least $20k more than a fully loaded IS-350 correct? So why is someone going to pay $100k or more for a GS? Imagine what people could buy instead for the same price. it just doesn't seem smart for Lexus to produce a GS-F from everything I have been told. I'm just sharing some info that was shared with me. I would love to see Lexus make something to compete with the new M5..
It wouldn't have to be that much, the development has been done for the IS-F so it's not like starting from scratch. They already have a superb 8 speed gearbox and a race tuned V8, amazing brakes etc. If they wanted to they could match the M5/E63 price in the same way as the IS-F matched the M3/C63.
Old 02-05-12, 08:19 AM
CalitriSC
Lexus Champion

Yea very true. it would be cool to see them do something different with the GS though. But keep the 5.0 for sure..
Old 02-06-12, 02:46 AM
s4play
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
there isn't even enough remote news on the gsf to make it worth discussion of whether it will be good or bad. not even a potential engine choice
Yes I agree no official news as of yet and I'm patiently waiting since I have 2-3 months before I can pull the trigger on anything.

But I was curious if current IS-F owners would switch to a GS-F for more power?

I find the IS-F a bit too small and could definite use a bigger trunk and true 5-seat capacity so it's a logical move for me. I've been looking at used E63 AMG and considering an M5 but a bit too pricey for now.

Lexus I thought was definitely going to produce the GS-F but just a matter of when, not if? , unless I'm mistaken.

It seems most Lexus products are underpriced compared to it's competitors so that is a good thing right?

New IS-F (low to mid $60's)
new S4 ($59-$61k)
M3 ($69-75k)
C63 ((mid $70's)

Hopefully the GS-F will be less than it's competitors!
Old 02-06-12, 07:21 AM
rocks
Driver

^
I am with you too man, as I will be in the market sometime in 2014 and would hope by then a GSF is released. If Jaguar can make a reasonably priced XFR, then surely Lexus can do something similar with the GSF. Supercharge the ISF's motor and dump it in their. If Jaguar weren't such an unreliable marque, I would have no reason not to get an XFR. Plus, if Lexus wants to be taken seriously they better offer a GSF to fully compete in this segment.

PS. I also like the V8/hybrid suggestion above more so than the supercharged V8. So there you have it guys, two splendid options for the engine format.

Last edited by rocks; 02-06-12 at 07:28 AM.
Old 02-06-12, 09:47 AM
melbitoast
Instructor

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by ILowNslowI
I saw a brand new GS with the F-Sport package at westside lexus here in houston yesterday, went to go get a couple things for the F...it looks slickkkkkk!!!! for an f-sport...
I have to disagree a little. I saw the one here in Austin on Saturday. I like the front, hate the back. The back looks like a cross-breed between the LS (because of the exhaust) and the new Camry (which is a rectangle). It's boring and has no dynamic features to it.

The interior looks great, but the exterior is lacking (with exception of the front grill). I hate the 17" version of our wheels on there as well. They just don't fit the new look of the GS to me. Personally, there is no way in hell I'd pay the $56k price tag for an "F-sport" GS.
Old 02-06-12, 10:36 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by s4play
Lexus I thought was definitely going to produce the GS-F but just a matter of when, not if? , unless I'm mistaken.
there is no definite. in fact if you look through all the interviews and such on the 4gs, they said there is no definite plans on v8 / gsf yet i believe
Old 02-07-12, 11:16 AM
IS350atWOT
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by melbitoast
I have to disagree a little. I saw the one here in Austin on Saturday. I like the front, hate the back. The back looks like a cross-breed between the LS (because of the exhaust) and the new Camry (which is a rectangle). It's boring and has no dynamic features to it.

The interior looks great, but the exterior is lacking (with exception of the front grill). I hate the 17" version of our wheels on there as well. They just don't fit the new look of the GS to me. Personally, there is no way in hell I'd pay the $56k price tag for an "F-sport" GS.
I'm with you. I don't like the styling of the new GS F-Sport. I still think the IS-F is the best looking Lexus one could own outside the LFA.
Old 02-07-12, 12:10 PM
CalitriSC
Lexus Champion

I'm still curious to see what they will do with the next IS-F
Old 02-07-12, 12:15 PM
IsFast3r
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My only opinion of the GS Fsport is from what I've seen in many photos and videos of it but the styling is a little tame for my tastes, but again its not marketed towards those of us looking for extreme performance or aggressive styling cues. The 5 Axis GS was perhaps too aggressive but if a GS-F styling falls in between the 5 Axis as one extreme and the GS F-Sport the other then I think it will look great. I personally don't want a Hybrid v8 but would prefer a supercharged v8 of my IS-F motor if Lexus plans on getting me to stay in their cars and upgrade when the time comes in a few years.

Quick Reply: Current IS-F owners, what are YOUR thoughts on the upcoming GS-F?