IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Lexus Crushes Pre-Production IS-F

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-11, 08:18 PM
MicaISF
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by greg0126
Such a waste. The impound lot could auction off the the car and make money for the local/state government.
Once again proves that beauracrats are a waste of our precious tax dollars.
Old 10-17-11, 09:13 PM
Katin2
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MicaISF
Once again proves that beauracrats are a waste of our precious tax dollars.
Makes to much sense to auction and make money. Let's try and see how much we can cost the tax payers. That poor F that's my color too made my heart skip a beat.
Old 10-17-11, 10:11 PM
96817isf
Lexus Test Driver

my heart just dropped to my *** when i seen that vid...damn thank god i live in hawaii and they don't do that here
Old 10-17-11, 11:20 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe Z
I doubt it's true..... I would believe it more from a "Confirmed Source"...
lol seriously i don't really care if it's true or not. but some replies in this thread are funny

confirmations are overrated these days
Old 10-17-11, 11:21 PM
98sscamaro
Pole Position

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

I don't know if the IS-F in this case is actually being crushed for street racing but it is definitely done here in California. I'm not trying to stick up for street racing, and admit I have "driven spiritedly" next to another car on the street a time or two before, but I always ask this.........

How many people are killed every year from drunk driving? 13,846 were killed in 2008 in alcohol related accidents.

How many from street racing? An average of 135 per year.

Do they confiscate and crush a drunks car when caught? No. So why the F#$k do they do it for street racing but not for DUI's? It makes no sense at all
Old 10-17-11, 11:24 PM
Drone619
Rookie

They started crushing cars in California because the guys who lost their cars would buy them back in auction and the next thing you know they were back racing again. So cops decided crushing it was the better idea.
Old 10-18-11, 12:38 AM
ShadowISF
Lexus Champion

That was sad to watch.
Old 10-18-11, 05:00 AM
KiyomiF
Driver

That was sad to watch, but I'm not convinced. If it is true and it was my F, it would make me want to get another one, continue racing and get the F out of Cali.
Old 10-18-11, 05:59 AM
crazymikie
Driver

I wish California would just fall in the ocean so we could get rid of the whole state already. They are bankrupt, but they continue to waste money.
Old 10-18-11, 06:55 AM
VtotheJ
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by KiyomiF
That was sad to watch, but I'm not convinced. If it is true and it was my F, it would make me want to get another one, continue racing and get the F out of Cali.
Pun intended!!!!
Old 10-18-11, 07:47 AM
brociouz
Uber 1337 Moderator

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by WHITE93GT
Since it is California it does have the ring of truth. Why confiscate it, sell it and help make up for a huge deficit? Let's confiscte it and pay to have it destroyed. LOL
Yup, sounds like California government logic to me.
Old 10-18-11, 07:59 AM
CaptAwsm
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 98sscamaro
I don't know if the IS-F in this case is actually being crushed for street racing but it is definitely done here in California. I'm not trying to stick up for street racing, and admit I have "driven spiritedly" next to another car on the street a time or two before, but I always ask this.........

How many people are killed every year from drunk driving? 13,846 were killed in 2008 in alcohol related accidents.

Do they confiscate and crush a drunks car when caught? No. So why the F#$k do they do it for street racing but not for DUI's? It makes no sense at all
I totally agree, good points!

I bet they were able to do it because the people that vote aren't effected by this confiscate/crush policy. It looks like they are "cleaning up the streets" to their voting house moms and old people. Crushing DUI cars would probably create an uproar because it effects so many people that would be losing cars..
Old 10-18-11, 08:31 AM
meade916
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 98sscamaro

Originally Posted by Drone619
They started crushing cars in California because the guys who lost their cars would buy them back in auction and the next thing you know they were back racing again. So cops decided crushing it was the better idea.

Relax....California is not crushing cars for street racing. They crush cars after they find they have altered VINS and stolen parts etc....

and even then it needs a court order so you basicly need to be in deep s@#t before you get to that stage. I think this crushing video is BS myself......no doubt it got crushed, but the reason why none of us will probably ever know. People believe anything they see on the internet LOL - This guy was probably sitting in his under-draws in front of his computer when he made up the title "ISF crushed for street racing" and it caused an uproar...people are so gullible.
Old 10-18-11, 09:03 AM
riboflavin
Driver

http://youtu.be/OnmjVKlCHB0
http://youtu.be/zadq9usA2SQ

I remember watching these "crushing street race cars" videos a few years ago and yes, California has been doing this for a while. It's been on the news a couple times, too.

IIRC, the owner of the vehicle must watch his car getting crushed in front of him as a punishment (and of course a bunch of police officers will be next to you watching your reaction to it )

I don't know if this IS-F was really in a street racing but who knows?
Old 10-18-11, 09:06 AM
OneSiCkF
Lead Lap

Something just doesnt click here but I certainly hope this isnt true....The video above makes me sick to my stomach....

Last edited by OneSiCkF; 10-18-11 at 09:12 AM.

Quick Reply: Lexus Crushes Pre-Production IS-F