IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

GSF/RCF LCA bushings in ISF

Old 04-25-18, 07:26 AM
zen
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default GSF/RCF LCA bushings in ISF

The Lexus part number for the GSF/RCF LCA bushings share the same part number, but for the ISF is different. Does anyone know if the GSF/RCF lower control arm bushings are interchangeable with ISF ? Are the GSF/RCF LCA bushings better design/stiffer than the ISF bushings?

The part number that I found:
GSF/RCF 48075-24010, 48076-24010
ISF: 48075-30020, 48076-30020
Old 04-25-18, 10:10 AM
Joker4096
Instructor

Received 66 Likes on 51 Posts

I'm not sure, but why not go aftermarket with Figs or RR-Racing lca bushings. They make a huge difference.
Old 04-25-18, 08:11 PM
Pqbrown
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Joker4096
I'm not sure, but why not go aftermarket with Figs or RR-Racing lca bushings. They make a huge difference.
The urethane bushings aren’t the best for ride quality.
Old 04-25-18, 10:23 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,815 Likes on 1,281 Posts

^^^^But the make a HUGE improvement in handling

Lou
Old 04-26-18, 08:08 AM
threefiveo
Rookie

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

They swap right in, I ordered the RCF bushings and installed. They are a slightly harder compound and do make a difference without needing to worry about the squeaks that can develop with the poly. Though I'm sure the poly make a larger difference in handling.
Old 04-26-18, 09:06 AM
zen
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by threefiveo
They swap right in, I ordered the RCF bushings and installed. They are a slightly harder compound and do make a difference without needing to worry about the squeaks that can develop with the poly. Though I'm sure the poly make a larger difference in handling.
Do you have the part # ? Is it the same part# that I have listed ? Poly does make a huge difference in handling/braking/steering wheel feel, but suffers ride quality. I have the RR LCA bushings, but I drive on streets and no tracks so I'm more into the rubber bushings now. The RCF/GSF LCA bushings can be a 3rd choice for ISF.

Last edited by zen; 04-26-18 at 01:33 PM.
Old 04-29-18, 07:58 AM
EdsISF1021
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How does it compare to the stock isf bushing and also did it fix the front camber wear??
Old 04-29-18, 09:19 PM
threefiveo
Rookie

Originally Posted by zen
Do you have the part # ? Is it the same part# that I have listed ? Poly does make a huge difference in handling/braking/steering wheel feel, but suffers ride quality. I have the RR LCA bushings, but I drive on streets and no tracks so I'm more into the rubber bushings now. The RCF/GSF LCA bushings can be a 3rd choice for ISF.
Sure, the part numbers are (48076-24010 and 48075-24010) same as you listed. As far as the +/- 20 offset, I went with the zero. There is a noticeable difference in feel when cornering and braking but no noticeable increase in NVH. I haven't driven a car with the poly so I can't compare with RR or Figs.

Originally Posted by EdsISF1021
How does it compare to the stock isf bushing and also did it fix the front camber wear??
The parts look identical to stock ISF but the rubber is a bit harder compound. My car came with new tires and I put the bushings on shortly after purchase and so far the tire wear is even last I checked.

Another reason I went with the Lexus parts is my car is on certified warranty for a few more years and I don't want anything aftermarket that could come up as a potential question with a warranty repair. It looks identical so its not something a tech would get under the car and see as an issue. If my car was out of warranty, I probably would have leaned more toward the poly.
The following 2 users liked this post by threefiveo:
RJMacReady (04-06-24), zen (04-30-18)
Old 04-29-18, 09:24 PM
EdsISF1021
Driver School Candidate

Sure, the part numbers are (48076-24010 and 48075-24010) same as you listed. As far as the +/- 20 offset, I went with the zero. There is a noticeable difference in feel when cornering and braking but no noticeable increase in NVH. I haven't driven a car with the poly so I can't compare with RR or Figs.

The parts look identical to stock ISF but the rubber is a bit harder compound. My car came with new tires and I put the bushings on shortly after purchase and so far the tire wear is even last I checked.

Another reason I went with the Lexus parts is my car is on certified warranty for a few more years and I don't want anything aftermarket that could come up as a potential question with a warranty repair. It looks identical so its not something a tech would get under the car and see as an issue. If my car was out of warranty, I probably would have leaned more toward the poly.
Awesome! Thanks for the reply. Let us know about the wear and feel down the road.
Old 04-30-18, 12:19 PM
lawrence1
Intermediate

Received 65 Likes on 45 Posts

Bummer. Wish I had seen this last week. I just replaced mine with new OE is-f bushings as mine were showing cracks all the way around. Car feels much smoother and better. These are a wear item on many BMWs as well but the job is much easier on the IS-F as they are easy to slide on and off the control arm shaft.
Old 05-01-18, 02:14 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,838 Likes on 2,327 Posts

Originally Posted by EdsISF1021
There is no camber wear on the IS F at any reasonable ride height. Inside edge wear is caused by toe control, not by camber.
Old 05-01-18, 02:31 PM
EdsISF1021
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
There is no camber wear on the IS F at any reasonable ride height. Inside edge wear is caused by toe control, not by camber.
But but the figs and RR racing bushings help with that right? So I'm wondering if the RCF bushings would help with that as well?
Old 06-24-18, 09:26 AM
psychowu
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Could you give us an update on tire wear? Thanks!
Old 06-26-18, 10:20 PM
threefiveo
Rookie

Originally Posted by psychowu
Could you give us an update on tire wear? Thanks!
Sure, though I probably haven't put 5k on the F since my last post but tire wear is still perfectly even. This was one of the first mods (really the only mod) I have done to my car. Its a 14' and on warranty so keeping it mostly stock for now.
Old 09-07-18, 09:13 AM
E46CT
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,064 Likes on 1,559 Posts

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
I'd mostly agree with this. I'm always telling people "it's not camber!" Short story is camber can contribute to the abnormal inner wear we all experience in conjunction with dynamic toe change, but it's moot point because none of us want to drive around with 0 camber unless you're a drag racer or brake tester. You're right though it's mostly due to toe control. I like the idea of the GSF/RCF bushing upgrade though as I'd rather go rubber. Polyurethane is a poor choice for a multi-axis bushing in a suspension that's designed to deflect for performance/confidence on the street. You have to pay to play.
The following users liked this post:
RJMacReady (04-06-24)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: GSF/RCF LCA bushings in ISF