See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Exterior Guides
Print Wikipost

IS-F Car Covers (merged threads)

Old 10-06-11, 12:57 PM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

I had mine custom made at a shop and it was well worth the price. After almost four years enduring nature, it still protects like it should. But if you're an owner that doesn't have a garage to stick it in, a quality car cover is nothing to skimp on, I think.
Old 06-06-13, 12:24 PM
zapa
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well I just got my custom car cover. It is weather shieldHP since my car will be stored out side at school. The fitment is spot on perfect. My wald spoiler pulls it up a bit in the rear but still covers perfectly.
Attached Thumbnails IS-F Car Covers (merged threads)-photo-1.jpg   IS-F Car Covers (merged threads)-photo-2.jpg   IS-F Car Covers (merged threads)-photo-3.jpg   IS-F Car Covers (merged threads)-photo-4.jpg  
Old 06-06-13, 12:44 PM
SeanGTS
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have you checked with your school Zapa? My school wouldn't let me. You also need to think about people may see that as a target to mess with, since it would be obvious you care about your car.
Old 06-06-13, 12:53 PM
VtotheJ
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

What SeanGTS said... that's such a tacky color and it makes you a target for vandalism. Unless there are other college kids with high end cars. Word of advice, don't break up with your ex in the same college. I think one of mine were the culprit in loosening the lug nuts on my Integra at the college lot...
Old 06-06-13, 01:05 PM
zapa
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by SeanGTS
Have you checked with your school Zapa? My school wouldn't let me. You also need to think about people may see that as a target to mess with, since it would be obvious you care about your car.
Originally Posted by VtotheJ
What SeanGTS said... that's such a tacky color and it makes you a target for vandalism. Unless there are other college kids with high end cars. Word of advice, don't break up with your ex in the same college. I think one of mine were the culprit in loosening the lug nuts on my Integra at the college lot...
Well I am going to Davidson College (a very small prestigious liberal art school with an intense honor code) and the school colors are red and black. Also my gf is a already in college somewhere else and I saw a few cars under covers at Davidson while I was visiting. I am thinking about doing some custom vinyl's on it to show some more school pride.
Old 06-06-13, 01:14 PM
jkeifer3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I've had quite a few car covers over the years and was always less than satisfied with them. They get dirty and dusty underneath and that can lead to scratches in the paint and otherwise obsessive behaviour on your part. They are generally too big to put into anything but an industrial-sized washing machine so keeping them clean is a royal pain. As someone mentioned, they can lead to an increased level of vandalism against your car. I can guarantee that even the best fitting cover WILL be lifted during high winds so make sure you use the tie-downs so you don't loose the cover completely. On the positive side, they do keep bird "lime" off your baby. Oh, one last note: Cops here in Loudoun County, VA, like car covers because they are able to hide the tickets they write. I once had a cover on my Porsche 928 that I had parked a little too forward of a fire hydrant. When I got back off a business trip, I lifted the cover to find no less than 4 tickets written for the same violation which, of course, I was duty-bound to pay.

Last edited by jkeifer3; 06-06-13 at 01:21 PM. Reason: typo
Old 06-06-13, 01:47 PM
zapa
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by jkeifer3
I've had quite a few car covers over the years and was always less than satisfied with them. They get dirty and dusty underneath and that can lead to scratches in the paint and otherwise obsessive behaviour on your part. They are generally too big to put into anything but an industrial-sized washing machine so keeping them clean is a royal pain. As someone mentioned, they can lead to an increased level of vandalism against your car. I can guarantee that even the best fitting cover WILL be lifted during high winds so make sure you use the tie-downs so you don't loose the cover completely. On the positive side, they do keep bird "lime" off your baby. Oh, one last note: Cops here in Loudoun County, VA, like car covers because they are able to hide the tickets they write. I once had a cover on my Porsche 928 that I had parked a little too forward of a fire hydrant. When I got back off a business trip, I lifted the cover to find no less than 4 tickets written for the same violation which, of course, I was duty-bound to pay.
Yes I am aware they can cause scratches. I wish the inside of them was microfiber but I guess that is too much to ask for. I have applied 22ple on my car so I am not really worried about causing any damage to the actual clear. I am currently trying to figure the best way to get it on while reducing the risk of scratching. I have a few different methods for washing it and yes it does have weather tie downs.

I will not be putting the cover on everyday just when I know I will not be driving the car for a week or two.
Old 06-09-13, 09:04 AM
lilcop17
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the link that was posted had microfiber in the inside
Old 10-20-13, 08:40 AM
rmillsISF
Pit Crew

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default car cover

I need a good car cover. Anyone have recommendations?

I've seen numerous ones on ebay and there's a lexus one, but I'm not sure if that one is any good quality either... Anyone have a review on what they have?
Old 10-20-13, 08:49 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,112 Likes on 1,289 Posts

Added to merged IS-F car cover threads, also

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...iscussion.html

Last edited by DaveGS4; 10-20-13 at 08:52 AM.
Old 10-20-13, 10:33 AM
zapa
Lexus Test Driver

I love my weathershield nothing and i mean nothing makes it way through that thing and it keeps my car very cool even in 90+ degree weather. it seems to be standing up extremely well to weather and has not faded in color one bit.
Old 10-20-13, 05:08 PM
VtotheJ
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Zack how much was the Weathershield HP? Planning to pick one up when my current XtremeCoverPro cover starts ripping.
Old 10-20-13, 06:01 PM
zapa
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by VtotheJ
Zack how much was the Weathershield HP? Planning to pick one up when my current XtremeCoverPro cover starts ripping.
It was pretty pricy... I remember it being like $350
Old 10-20-13, 08:29 PM
thekhmer
Pole Position

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

I have a basically brand new weathershield I'm willing to sell gf got it for me but I'd rather get one lighter for use inside the garage
Old 02-25-21, 02:01 PM
Leander311
Intermediate

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

Since it's been 8 years, any fresh recommendations? Just got a GX for DD and will keep the F garaged (worst case garaged but under a tree for shade since I'm in temperate TX) for track days and weekend events, so was even hoping to keep the wing on (APR GTC-200 IIRC), but can sock the wing and store separate if absolutely necessary... Thanks!