Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

that is outrageous!!!!
Old 07-27-09, 08:37 PM
Lexus999
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Dave600hL
B/c Lexus999 secretly owns an F150 and happened to back into a car at the exact same place. I think he is tormenting the OP!

OMG!!!!! HOW DID YOU KNOW???!!!!!! I need the tow hitch to tow around my big fat butt.... i was backing up no one heard the beeping sounds and one cheek just slammed into the front bumper slightly denting it. then i decided to finish him off and completely sat on the mans car and farted on it. and soon as my scent settled in i took off like a thief in the night bumping my im too sexy by right said fred
Old 07-27-09, 08:43 PM
F BOMB
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Back to my cynical vandalism theory...

It does look like a potential tearaway. Chain up a truck to the bumper cover and hit it?
Old 07-29-09, 12:02 AM
btwanky
Lead Lap

sorry to hear.. did you buy your f at metro lexus?
Old 07-29-09, 10:11 AM
jctheplaya
Lead Lap

wow, that is ******ed up, hope you get security camera's and they get really ******ed for this one...good luck with the repairs
Old 07-29-09, 11:04 PM
oztiks
Lexus Test Driver

Someone i used to work with bought a brand new Audi S4 (blue!) a few years ago. had it parked next to a curb at the office (in a regular space, just one side had a curb, and then a curb/median in the front). Someone came into the office parking lot, and hit the car so hard that it crushed the whole rear-end, pushed the car up onto the curb that was next to it, and BROKE the concrete car-stop in front of the car...

never found the driver/car that hit it.
Old 07-31-09, 12:51 AM
btwanky
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by oztiks
Someone i used to work with bought a brand new Audi S4 (blue!) a few years ago. had it parked next to a curb at the office (in a regular space, just one side had a curb, and then a curb/median in the front). Someone came into the office parking lot, and hit the car so hard that it crushed the whole rear-end, pushed the car up onto the curb that was next to it, and BROKE the concrete car-stop in front of the car...

never found the driver/car that hit it.
are you the isf owner that owns the carval and all those stores on spanish river
Old 07-31-09, 07:18 AM
oztiks
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by btwanky
are you the isf owner that owns the carval and all those stores on spanish river
Not to O.T. this thread; but.. no. I loves me some ice cream, but I don't own any carvels.
Old 08-01-09, 01:17 AM
btwanky
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by oztiks
Not to O.T. this thread; but.. no. I loves me some ice cream, but I don't own any carvels.
ohh haha.. he also has a black IS-F.. i tried to get him on the forums.. but i dont think he's on here
Old 08-15-09, 11:24 AM
iNFINITY F
Driver School Candidate

well the parking lot people basically told me i was ****** out of luck. The cameras only watch the pay booths and i dont think they really cared. They didnt even want to take a "look" to see if someone had damage as they were leaving the parking lot which would have given me at least something to show for on my $1k deductible.

Update** Finally got the car back... she looks as good as new except for a few minor things i am going to have them take care of. Final cost was $4,300 with the single most expensive part being the drivers side headlight being $1,400 roughly. I found it odd that after the initial estimate of around $3,400.00 they needed $ 1,000 more in parts. They said there were a lot of broken clips and small support pieces. Probably not a kosher deal but i was paying $1k regardless.

Karma is a b**ch..... they will get theirs.
Old 08-15-09, 11:26 AM
iNFINITY F
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by btwanky
sorry to hear.. did you buy your f at metro lexus?
yes indeed.... metro lexus in brookpark. stoped to see a used porsche and off in the back garage was the IS-f and had to have it.
Old 08-15-09, 11:45 AM
montgb
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Glad to hear that the F is repaired. Did the body shop have any guesses how the damage was caused?
Old 08-15-09, 12:48 PM
oztiks
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by iNFINITY F
well the parking lot people basically told me i was ****** out of luck. The cameras only watch the pay booths and i dont think they really cared. They didnt even want to take a "look" to see if someone had damage as they were leaving the parking lot which would have given me at least something to show for on my $1k deductible.

Update** Finally got the car back... she looks as good as new except for a few minor things i am going to have them take care of. Final cost was $4,300 with the single most expensive part being the drivers side headlight being $1,400 roughly. I found it odd that after the initial estimate of around $3,400.00 they needed $ 1,000 more in parts. They said there were a lot of broken clips and small support pieces. Probably not a kosher deal but i was paying $1k regardless.

Karma is a b**ch..... they will get theirs.
It's not uncommon for an estimate to be low. In all the incidents i've been in they have normally not been able to account for every single item until they really start tearing into the car. Don't fret it. Im actually surprised the damage total was that low. I had someone pull out infront of me and stop (chevrolet S10) in the median while I had my M45, and I barely "clipped" their rear bumper with my front left (so, bumper replacement, left front fender REPAIR, headlight replacement); i think it was almost $5k for that alone.

Last edited by oztiks; 08-15-09 at 12:53 PM.
Old 08-15-09, 01:46 PM
btwanky
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by iNFINITY F
yes indeed.... metro lexus in brookpark. stoped to see a used porsche and off in the back garage was the IS-f and had to have it.
sorry to hear about your car tho... but ya.. metro lexus is a good dealership... all our lexus's are bought there and shipped down to florida
Old 08-15-09, 01:52 PM
2slow
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

From the damage i can see, it looks like it was done on purpose and not just a ordinary hit and run.

Goodluck!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Hit and Run - Downtown Cleveland Ohio July 24th 2009