IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

IS F owners age...

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-09, 12:16 PM
LEXUSF
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i am 29 and have a baby on the way. my wife hates my isf so i dont really talk about it much i do wanna get a family car but have the sports car in the garage. also lots of people said stuff about other exspenses but i dont drink smoke or blow money on strip clubs so cars is my hobby. and remember people "DONT HATE THE PLAYER HATE THE GAME!"
Old 01-20-09, 12:47 PM
isfcow
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by maxppl3
believe it or not...
i am 20..
going to be 21 this coming march...hehe

and before i bought my is-f...
i had some insurance quoted me...
they gave me...$6000 for ONE year...since i had 4 speeding tickets in last years with my is 250...........
yea crazy right..?

i know i am young driving a 60000USD car....but all my other friends from UCI around the age of mine drive m3 c63 and stuff....

something very interesting here...
My dad, who lives in hongkong...
told me that a GTR in HK is around 1000000HKD, which is around 128000USD,
but a lexus ISF costs 1300000HKD, which is around 166600 USD...
So by comparison.....I drive a 60000USD car is not unreasonable.....

Yea... somehow i dont know why GTR selling cheaper than our ISF by a lot. I saw a dealer in HK selling a GTR 930000HKD and ISF 1250000HKD brand new.
Old 01-20-09, 01:24 PM
s4play
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I was in HK just recently and it seems GTR's are just more common over there so maybe that's why the price is lower? Try buying an F-car in HK, now that is serious balling over there with the import tax. My friend's dad has one and I can't believe the costs involved! If I ever move back there, I would just get a scooter

maxppl3: You just said the magic word, UCI....hahahah That school's parking lot is like F&F style everytime I go down there to play ball....!
Old 01-20-09, 01:36 PM
primecut
Lexus Test Driver

Wow.. UCI, Hong Kong. I feel right at home on this thread (I didn't go to UCI but have plenty of friends who did.)

Sorry if this is a little off topic... but based on the fact that the F is more expensive than the GT-R, does it make any difference in people's perceptions of the cars? I guess someone from HK will have to answer this question. ha ha.
Old 01-20-09, 01:42 PM
CrazyMPG
Phat Monkey

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

you guys forgot that we drive a LEXUS...while the GTR is a Nissan...haha oh and I am 26...paid in full at MSRP Feb 15, 2008...and just bought 09 Scion xB in cash for daily driving......actually bought 10k in mods for the xB before I even got the car... I would like a Nissan GTR Spec V...but found out the price is 160k...so No!
Old 01-20-09, 01:44 PM
Rock-a-Lex
Lead Lap

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

I don't have an ISF but I found this thread interesting so I figured I'd comment. First, congrats to all who own this car; it's an amazing machine!

Some purchase it with blood, sweat and tears (everything they got) where others just buy it and see it as a casual purchase because they are at that LEVEL in life. To be honest $1K/mo is a lot but not really. If you are 18-25 and live at home or even have an apartment with a friend. Your personal expenses such as credit cards, cell phone, student loans etc etc probably aren't anymore than another $2K/mo. So add the car payment and some gas, insurance and spending money and your right around $3500-$4K/mo in other words; a $60K salary job...or a $40K salary job with 20hrs extra overtime every week. So it is easily seen that many can afford cars in this price range it's just a matter if it is the right thing to do at that time in your life while also thinking about your future.

The ISF is a great car and I would have loved to buy one but I decided (all within a 1.5 year period) to buy a nice ring for my girl, money down + closing costs on house and have money for wedding/honeymoon coming up this April 2009; there goes almost $100K CASH for me; it's sort of bittersweet. Oh well, maybe in a couple of years. My GS4 just got paid off last month; so that feels good. Keep up the good work to all and ALWAYS live for the moment but keep your sights also on the future. Cheers!
Old 01-20-09, 01:53 PM
ISF FAN
Pole Position

Keep in mind that marriage is no sure thing....your $100k investment may just be the start of your payments.
Old 01-20-09, 02:38 PM
btwanky
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by ISF FAN
Keep in mind that marriage is no sure thing....your $100k investment may just be the start of your payments.
2 words... prenuptial agreement
Old 01-20-09, 02:52 PM
slvrboolet
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BigMikeISF
I don't pay for a home but definitely an apartment, don't plan on getting married anytime soon so no need for one

I actually do. I was able to get a head start in life financially by starting my own business while in college. Now that my business has been sold, I am living well and taking my time getting another degree in something I really want to do.
I thought you were like 30 lol. I could afford a F if i so wanted but i didnt want high car payments for a few yrs so i opted for a turbo IS i can pay off soon and which is faster than a F but not nearly as cool looking lol...

Last edited by slvrboolet; 01-20-09 at 03:01 PM.
Old 01-20-09, 03:17 PM
damnboy
Pole Position

I'm 35 and my wife thought I'm too 'young' to get an IS-F.
Now here is proof.

It's interesting that different people have different ways of managing their money.
For me, I always paid in full for the cars. My current priority is to be debt free before 40. They can be paid off now but we all need to have funds for emergency. Can't wait for the day that the house is paid off... just 5 more yrs!!

Congrats on all of you who own an ISF.
Old 01-20-09, 03:42 PM
LEXUSF
Racer

Originally Posted by damnboy
I'm 35 and my wife thought I'm too 'young' to get an IS-F.
Now here is proof.

It's interesting that different people have different ways of managing their money.
For me, I always paid in full for the cars. My current priority is to be debt free before 40. They can be paid off now but we all need to have funds for emergency. Can't wait for the day that the house is paid off... just 5 more yrs!!

Congrats on all of you who own an ISF.
what does too young mean? age or money?
Old 01-20-09, 03:57 PM
MRxSLAYx
Lexus Champion

I'm 18 and going to be 19 in may. I think I'm the youngest
I dont have a wife or kids. Not expecting to until i get into the " young+" category.

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
Nice to see all the kids here, it gives me hope for finding a 2UR-GSE in the junkyard soon. More young owners improves the odds.
This might be true. But when your like rest of us young guns that pay for the car you tend to be allot more careful.
Old 01-20-09, 04:43 PM
damnboy
Pole Position

Originally Posted by DFLORES
what does too young mean? age or money?
Prob. both. If I'm single then I will get an IS-F instead of an IS.
Since I'm not, my priority and expectation changed. Gotta take care of other things in life first.. wife.. house.. etc.
Old 01-20-09, 05:28 PM
LEXUSF
Racer

Originally Posted by damnboy
Prob. both. If I'm single then I will get an IS-F instead of an IS.
Since I'm not, my priority and expectation changed. Gotta take care of other things in life first.. wife.. house.. etc.
oh cool. i understand its my hobby and just my extra car. i dont drive it much! wish i did!

Last edited by LEXUSF; 01-20-09 at 05:41 PM.
Old 01-20-09, 05:37 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,848 Likes on 2,333 Posts

Originally Posted by montgb
Well, that's morbid. Strange sense of humor you've got there, Lobux.
I was 20 once too. A good friend of mine works in the motorcycle frame straightening business. He told me many years ago about seeing the latest bikes in his shop typically within 30 days of the manufacturer's release because the young and invincible would buy one and throw it on the ground in short order. He had a Suzuki GS1100 in the shop eight days after US release because mom and dad didn't have the sense to look into the bike son wanted. They just bought it as a HS graduation present.

I've had my own share of "bad luck" caused more by testosterone than anything else. So, it's not anything against the young, it's just simple statistics - the young are more likely to underestimate the power and overestimate their skill controlling it. I know I did, and I know there are young guys tooling around in their IS-Fs today thinking the same thing I did when I was their age. So, I'll just keep an eye on the junkyard sites for a 2UR-GSE engine. Then I'll be able to play with lightening the crank, porting the heads, and a few other fun tricks engine builders use to get more from less. Can't wait!

Quick Reply: IS F owners age...