IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Used ISF's on Ebay

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-08, 09:17 PM
ArticKnght
Advanced

Received 169 Likes on 78 Posts
Default Used ISF's on Ebay

Why all the sudden are there about 4 used ISF's on ebay with only about 5,000 miles on them? These people are going to be taking a big hit on what they are asking to what they paid. Maybe gas and a big payment a part of it with the economy being so up and down. I just dont get it
Old 08-13-08, 10:53 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

sometimes it's dealership GM or owner driving the car for months and then sell them
Old 08-13-08, 11:49 PM
f=ma
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

or people living outside of their means.
Old 08-14-08, 10:05 AM
MPLexus301
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by f=ma
or people living outside of their means.
We've already had two people at my dealership turn them back in because they couldn't afford the payments. Not sure why you cant figure that out before you commit to buy it...but yea
Old 08-14-08, 10:58 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by MPLexus301
We've already had two people at my dealership turn them back in because they couldn't afford the payments. Not sure why you cant figure that out before you commit to buy it...but yea
happens so often especially these days
Old 08-14-08, 01:05 PM
Hartawan
Former Vendor

Used and abused
Old 08-15-08, 07:18 AM
tcoury
Driver School Candidate

could be because they wanted an everyday driver, and although awsome fun to drive mine everyday, the early morning drives into the office aren't too comfortable at all. When your not in the mood to drive wide open or pretending to be a road racer, it can be a bit rough. I have right at 1,300 miles on mine and have found driving my '02 TDI Jetta into the office, a comfort upgrade!
Old 08-15-08, 07:20 AM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

good deal for someone looking for an IS-F, 5k miles is nothing, and someone ate depreciation already
Old 08-15-08, 09:08 AM
ArticKnght
Advanced

Received 169 Likes on 78 Posts

4teHguyen,

I totally agree with you. Thats why I am looking at a used Ultra Sonic in WI. Only problem is that I cant get my wife on board with buying one still

Last edited by ArticKnght; 08-15-08 at 01:37 PM.
Old 08-15-08, 09:09 AM
VelvetBlue
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by tcoury
could be because they wanted an everyday driver, and although awsome fun to drive mine everyday, the early morning drives into the office aren't too comfortable at all. When your not in the mood to drive wide open or pretending to be a road racer, it can be a bit rough. I have right at 1,300 miles on mine and have found driving my '02 TDI Jetta into the office, a comfort upgrade!
I spent 10 hours behind the wheel of my IS F driving from Vegas to the bay area and even my wife commented that it was very comfortable.
Old 08-15-08, 12:13 PM
Shoganai
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Interesting... I might just look in the classifieds now
Old 08-15-08, 12:18 PM
gengar
Moderator: LFA, Clubhouse

Received 43 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by tcoury
I disagree - I actually find the ride to be very forgiving for such a high-performance vehicle. Of course it will not attain the buffered road-driver separation of the LS, but it is excellent for daily driving.

Mileage may vary on road quality, though. I'm sure those who live in areas where roads are very bad may not find the IS F fun for daily driving at all.
Old 08-15-08, 06:26 PM
BigMikeISF
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by gengar
I disagree - I actually find the ride to be very forgiving for such a high-performance vehicle. Of course it will not attain the buffered road-driver separation of the LS, but it is excellent for daily driving.

Mileage may vary on road quality, though. I'm sure those who live in areas where roads are very bad may not find the IS F fun for daily driving at all.
I agree, I recently drove from Dallas to Austin and absolutely loved the ride, it wasn't bad at all! Since I've been in Austin I can't complain about the ride either, I love the way the IS-F rides for a sports car, I don't think it is rough or horrible by any means
Old 08-15-08, 10:31 PM
01_TraN
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by BigMikeISF
I agree, I recently drove from Dallas to Austin and absolutely loved the ride, it wasn't bad at all! Since I've been in Austin I can't complain about the ride either, I love the way the IS-F rides for a sports car, I don't think it is rough or horrible by any means

2nd that. On long rides, I usually just adjust the seat back and just sink into them and just enjoy the ride. It's so comfortable that I could literrally fall asleep.
Old 08-16-08, 03:26 AM
dkaplan435
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I saw a NM edition IS-F on ebay, it was missing the exhaust tips. Looks really crappy without it.

Quick Reply: Used ISF's on Ebay