IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

2009 Codes P0172, P0175, P0101, P1170 - Need Help

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-16, 09:30 AM
PearlIS
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2009 Codes P0172, P0175, P0101, P1170 - Need Help

I was at a stop light and the codes popped up. I didn't notice a difference in the sound or operation of the car. Drove home and parked it overnight. The next day I went and got the codes read and they were as follows.

1. P0172 - Bank 1 System Too Rich
2. P0715 - Bank 2 System Too Rich
3. P0101 - Mass Or Volume Air Flow A Circuit Range/Performance
4. P1170 - Fuel Performance/Port Injector

From the codes it looked like possibly the MAF was dirty. So I took it out and cleaned the MAF. I've cleared the codes by disconnecting the battery for 10 minutes. I've driven it 10 miles or so and it seems to be back to normal with no codes. I'm hoping it was only a dirty MAF.

There is one thing that has changed since I've cleared the codes. I'm not sure why this is happening and I've never noticed this before. When shifting from second to third under minimal load the RPM's jump from 2,000 to 2,900 then third engages and drops to the appropriate RPM somewhere around 2,000. Almost sounds like the transmission is slipping. It only happens then and only between those gears. When the car is under more load there is no issue when shifting from second to third. I have no idea why this is happening and this has never happened before the codes and disconnecting the battery. Is this normal and I've never noticed this or do I have a new issue?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 10-19-16, 09:57 AM
isfdave86
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

what lights came on ? I just had some sillyness happen last week out of nowhere in my 08. Cruise/VSC/Airbag all flashing, no CEL. And periodically the power steering light would pop on. But nothing happened, no changes, no codes.
Old 10-19-16, 09:59 AM
PearlIS
Rookie

I believe the normal lights came on. VSC, check engine, snow and possibly the airbags.
Old 10-19-16, 10:14 AM
nks979
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

No that transmission flare is not normal, thats a really big jump also. Is the car actually revving that high or is it just showing that on the tach?
Old 10-19-16, 10:17 AM
PearlIS
Rookie

The car is actually revving that high. It's strange that it started after the codes were cleared. I wasn't sure it the transmission needed to learn after clearing everything.
Old 10-19-16, 10:29 AM
Joker4096
Instructor

Received 66 Likes on 51 Posts

There are no vacuum leaks on the intake correct?
Old 10-19-16, 10:38 AM
PearlIS
Rookie

None that I have found. Could this be causing the shifting problem or the codes?
Old 10-19-16, 12:08 PM
nks979
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Yes if you have a leak it will throw it off, mine tried to relearn after new exhaust went on and after my headers got a crack, but it was never that severe.
Old 10-19-16, 07:39 PM
MWIS350
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Try to change the MAF intake don't wait time cleaning it just get new one. Good luck.
Old 10-19-16, 09:06 PM
socal3
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm having the same problems but it won't even show any codes it's saying connection error from obd2 port and all I have is exhaust
Old 10-20-16, 07:51 AM
PearlIS
Rookie

So a little update. I took the car out and drove it around for an hour or so in the city. At first it was still revving abnormally but as time went by it seemed as if it was relearning the correct shift point. By the end of the drive the car was shifting like it had before with no codes. This is the first time I've cleared a code on the car. It only has 34K on it. Not sure why this happened but i'll keep an eye on it and see what happens. Thanks for the help.
Old 10-20-16, 08:12 AM
Joker4096
Instructor

Received 66 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by PearlIS
So a little update. I took the car out and drove it around for an hour or so in the city. At first it was still revving abnormally but as time went by it seemed as if it was relearning the correct shift point. By the end of the drive the car was shifting like it had before with no codes. This is the first time I've cleared a code on the car. It only has 34K on it. Not sure why this happened but i'll keep an eye on it and see what happens. Thanks for the help.
Good to hear.
Old 08-10-18, 06:12 PM
DarioGi
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by PearlIS
I was at a stop light and the codes popped up. I didn't notice a difference in the sound or operation of the car. Drove home and parked it overnight. The next day I went and got the codes read and they were as follows.

1. P0172 - Bank 1 System Too Rich
2. P0715 - Bank 2 System Too Rich
3. P0101 - Mass Or Volume Air Flow A Circuit Range/Performance
4. P1170 - Fuel Performance/Port Injector

From the codes it looked like possibly the MAF was dirty. So I took it out and cleaned the MAF. I've cleared the codes by disconnecting the battery for 10 minutes. I've driven it 10 miles or so and it seems to be back to normal with no codes. I'm hoping it was only a dirty MAF.

There is one thing that has changed since I've cleared the codes. I'm not sure why this is happening and I've never noticed this before. When shifting from second to third under minimal load the RPM's jump from 2,000 to 2,900 then third engages and drops to the appropriate RPM somewhere around 2,000. Almost sounds like the transmission is slipping. It only happens then and only between those gears. When the car is under more load there is no issue when shifting from second to third. I have no idea why this is happening and this has never happened before the codes and disconnecting the battery. Is this normal and I've never noticed this or do I have a new issue?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
It's the second time that I've gotten the same codes (second time P0172, P1170, P1605), all within 4000 miles (62K total). I have experienced that the car shifts differently (higher rpms) and sometimes idles roughly. Have you had any more issues since?
Old 08-10-18, 09:38 PM
Radarman
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by DarioGi
It's the second time that I've gotten the same codes (second time P0172, P1170, P1605), all within 4000 miles (62K total). I have experienced that the car shifts differently (higher rpms) and sometimes idles roughly. Have you had any more issues since?

I got a 2006 lexus is350 im getting codes p0172 and p0175 I replaced my maf sensor already and disconnected the battery for 30 min pumped breaks and all that good stuff I connected the battery back and tried to start the car and it died then tried again and it started right up. So orgianlly my check vsc check system abs and no traction lights came on with codes p0172 and p0175 and no CEL then the cel came on with the code for a bad maf which I forgot number for right now. And the tire pressure light may or may have not been on i didnt notice. I cleaned my maf like the diy says disconnected battery and all that and when I tried start car it died and i tried again it started right up. All lights were off. The next day all the lights came back on except the CEL along with the tire pressure light which im not sure if it was on or not before but it flashes for awhile when I start the car then goes solid. So then I bought a new denso maf sensor and replaced the old 1 disconnecting the battery and all that good stuff again. So when I put new maf in and connected battery back i tried start car and it died first time then started right up but all the dash lights came back on automatically without driving the check system, check vsc, abs, no traction symbol and the flashing then solid tire pressure light . no CEL so now I'm at a loss on what to do please help!!!
Old 08-10-18, 09:42 PM
Radarman
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Radarman
I got a 2006 lexus is350 im getting codes p0172 and p0175 I replaced my maf sensor already and disconnected the battery for 30 min pumped breaks and all that good stuff I connected the battery back and tried to start the car and it died then tried again and it started right up. So orgianlly my check vsc check system abs and no traction lights came on with codes p0172 and p0175 and no CEL then the cel came on with the code for a bad maf which I forgot number for right now. And the tire pressure light may or may have not been on i didnt notice. I cleaned my maf like the diy says disconnected battery and all that and when I tried start car it died and i tried again it started right up. All lights were off. The next day all the lights came back on except the CEL along with the tire pressure light which im not sure if it was on or not before but it flashes for awhile when I start the car then goes solid. So then I bought a new denso maf sensor and replaced the old 1 disconnecting the battery and all that good stuff again. So when I put new maf in and connected battery back i tried start car and it died first time then started right up but all the dash lights came back on automatically without driving the check system, check vsc, abs, no traction symbol and the flashing then solid tire pressure light . no CEL so now I'm at a loss on what to do please help!!!
O yea i also tried resetting the lights holding the odo button and it said complete and did the count down thingy, lights came right bk on immediately

Quick Reply: 2009 Codes P0172, P0175, P0101, P1170 - Need Help