Looking at a buying IS250 C F sport 2013

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-15, 05:46 PM
Tmymck
Pit Crew

Received 27 Likes on 19 Posts
Default Looking at a buying IS250 C F sport 2013

Hello,
The wife and I are looking buying a IS250C F. It only has 17000 miles on it and looks brand new. It is a certified car. They are asking 35800.00 for it. I was curious to know if this is a decent price. Seems a tad high and they do not seem to want to budge on the price. Thanks for any help. Once I buy this one or find another I will post pics
Old 12-29-15, 04:03 PM
svelt
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

What is the condition? Pristine? It sounds slightly high, but I would consider it if it was absolutely flawless in every regard i.e. like a new vehicle - no flaws in the paint, wheels, or interior. Mechanically it should be solid and there should still be plenty of tread life left in the tires.

I picked mine up, also a 2013 certified F sport, for a similar price in Canadian dollars but with 29K miles on it. But this was last year. I don't know if one year older but 12k fewer miles is equivalent from a price perspective, but if you and your wife like it enough and it's basically in perfect condition I'd try to see if they can at least drop it to 35000 flat to complete the sale.
Old 12-29-15, 05:02 PM
Tmymck
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by svelt
What is the condition? Pristine? It sounds slightly high, but I would consider it if it was absolutely flawless in every regard i.e. like a new vehicle - no flaws in the paint, wheels, or interior. Mechanically it should be solid and there should still be plenty of tread life left in the tires.

I picked mine up, also a 2013 certified F sport, for a similar price in Canadian dollars but with 29K miles on it. But this was last year. I don't know if one year older but 12k fewer miles is equivalent from a price perspective, but if you and your wife like it enough and it's basically in perfect condition I'd try to see if they can at least drop it to 35000 flat to complete the sale.
I was wrong on the mileage. It has 15675 on it. It is ultrasonic blue and pretty much flawless from what we see on FaceTime with dealer. We got it for 35300.00 and still thinks it is a little high but this color is very hard to find. We are flying to Dallas to pick it up Friday. Main thing that matters is wife is happy. She would not have any other color. I was told they stopped production on this car because ty are coming out with new convertible.
Old 12-30-15, 03:30 PM
svelt
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Tmymck
I was wrong on the mileage. It has 15675 on it. It is ultrasonic blue and pretty much flawless from what we see on FaceTime with dealer. We got it for 35300.00 and still thinks it is a little high but this color is very hard to find. We are flying to Dallas to pick it up Friday. Main thing that matters is wife is happy. She would not have any other color. I was told they stopped production on this car because ty are coming out with new convertible.
15K miles is very low so I don't think the price is high for it. I don't think it would have been much cheaper elsewhere, maybe could have squeezed out a little under 34k for a similar vehicle but again it's the relatively rare color that you want and I know all too well about making the wife happy. Most likely a 2013 that's priced significantly lower will have much higher mileage or has a tarnished CarFax on it. Maybe you can ask the dealer to throw a couple of extra incentives.. or at least make sure they clean the car perfectly.

Congrats on picking up the car and I hope you get a chance to post some pics for us! A replacement convertible is still just a rumor for the future, if one does come it will start at a much higher price tag than the IS-C as it sounds like it's based on the LC platform which is above the RC line. I'm very happy with mine and don't feel the itch to upgrade.
Old 12-30-15, 04:26 PM
Tmymck
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by svelt
15K miles is very low so I don't think the price is high for it. I don't think it would have been much cheaper elsewhere, maybe could have squeezed out a little under 34k for a similar vehicle but again it's the relatively rare color that you want and I know all too well about making the wife happy. Most likely a 2013 that's priced significantly lower will have much higher mileage or has a tarnished CarFax on it. Maybe you can ask the dealer to throw a couple of extra incentives.. or at least make sure they clean the car perfectly.

Congrats on picking up the car and I hope you get a chance to post some pics for us! A replacement convertible is still just a rumor for the future, if one does come it will start at a much higher price tag than the IS-C as it sounds like it's based on the LC platform which is above the RC line. I'm very happy with mine and don't feel the itch to upgrade.
Thanks for input. It was the fleet sales manager here in Atlanta that told me they had stopped production. The company my wife works for buys Lexus from him. He kind of said the same thing about the car. Not a great deal but it was what we were looking for and he was having no luck finding us one.